NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

would you recommend dishonored? £8.99 is cheap enough for me to consider this, but then do i wait for it to be cheaper? as it has happened before on steam where i've bitten and then flash sale a day later

would you recommend dishonored? £8.99 is cheap enough for me to consider this, but then do i wait for it to be cheaper? as it has happened before on steam where i've bitten and then flash sale a day later

It was already a choice on one of the community votes for around £5 so it will most likely come up again.

So ok, I've bought Civ V - BNW and Hotline Miami now. The latter gives off such a Loaded-like vibe of brutal awesomeness, plus it was something like 2 euros, so why not.

uhhh about 20 attempted purchases before my purchase of bioshock infinite went through,too many of us throwing our wallets at the screen

Faster Than Light for 2,50€ (no idea how much that is in £ :p)

Buy it!

Nice, little rogue-like game.

I bought FEZ for 5€. Started it, and it's not bad at all.

Question: My mainboard is compatible with Intel i2 quad processors, meaning I can't use let's say i5 versions? Would suck, because I can only find i2 processors that cost pretty much the same as i5 or i7 versions.

Want to buy a quad core processor next month but do not want to spent a lot of money on it (if that's even possible).

AMD Phenom II X4 965 looks good (it is a quad core, isn't it?) and not expensive, but I have no idea if it works with my motherboard

Edit: Well, can't use it. Shit. So either I get a new motherboard with a new processor or try to find an i2 quad which is expensive in itself :(

Edited by drahkon

oh god Tomb Raider £7.49! shit, just bought that and La Noire complete (been meaning to get that and at £6 who wouldn't)

I bought Kerbal Space Program. This is my time so far:

w9NBdNg.jpg

MlFtOAP.jpg

NQTwJZ7.jpg

1wt3xFF.jpg

gocooR1.jpg

Y41tLFH.jpg

8fHZDm8.jpg

52lljZJ.jpg

SGf5vHT.jpg

j5dqORD.jpg

BVKtLQJ.jpg

9h965PC.jpg

lseQHVU.jpg

2eH4gZY.jpg

rzlEDTC.jpg

e3EyRSY.jpg

6KeIQte.jpg

Kerbal is pretty great. I'm still getting back into it since I moved my license over to the Steam version. They've added quite a few new things that I need to learn so I can get back to the Mun!

I bought;

Surgeon Simulator 2013

FTL

System Shock 2

Fallout New Vegas (Already owned on PS3 but fancied picking it up that cheap for mods at some point in time)

All $2.49.

Anyone played Rogue Legacy just about to try the demo after tons of podcast coverage.

Anyone played Rogue Legacy just about to try the demo after tons of podcast coverage.

I'll be getting it at the end of the sale just incase it goes down anymore. Im pretty sure it wont considering how new it is but I must follow the Steam rules!

I'll post my final haul at the end but I'm doing pretty well so far.

Downloading the demo now.

Will wait 'til the last day of the Steam sale.

If the price doesn't go down, I will buy the game at the official page. Price is in $ there, so the conversion rate will make it about 2€ cheaper than the price Steam is asking for.

Edit: Played for 3 minutes. Died twice. I want the full game...NOW! :(

Edited by drahkon

I bought;

Surgeon Simulator 2013

FTL

System Shock 2

Fallout New Vegas (Already owned on PS3 but fancied picking it up that cheap for mods at some point in time)

All $2.49.

So did you get a new PC in the end?

So did you get a new PC in the end?

Errrrr no lol....but these purchases are in readiness. Expect to make that purchase within next month.

Errrrr no lol....but these purchases are in readiness. Expect to make that purchase within next month.

Cool, I've also made purchases in anticipation of a new PC purchase.

My laptop barely runs Sleeping Dogs or Dead Island. Although, Fallout NV and Skyrim are playable at decent framerates.

Think I'm done with the sales now, just got a couple more Indies to get (To the Moon/The Swapper), and if anything on my wishlist goes on sale I will pick that up.

So I have a spare Beta gift in my Steam Inventory for Payday 2.

Anybody want it?

I see they're pretending that Battlespire and Redguard never happened. :p

I skipped Skyrim because I want to play the entire series in order, but that's five huge games (if we're pretending that Battlespire and Redguard never happened), and I'm not sure when I'd ever have the time for it.

@Happenstance Very good question, as Oblivion's much trickier to mod optimally than Morrowind or Skyrim. The basic problems of the game are:

1) Tons of bugs as in all Bethesda games, get the unofficial patch.

2) Levelling system is crap as the monsters level side by side with you regardless of whether you have levelled combat or non-combat skills. This may result in really hard enemies later on, plus they're all wearing ridiculously high-end gear from level 20 onwards. There are several different mods for this that give monsters and NPCs fixed levels, or you could just go with the original system and slide the difficulty down mid-game if it gets too hard (think I'll try the latter next time).

3) The attribute system is really annoying, as you'll get / not get bonus points depending on what type of skills you have progressed before levelling up. Thus in order to max your stats you'll need to micromanage your skill usage like hell, which sucks total scamp ass. I'd probably go with a mod that gives you the max +5 points to every attribute that had a relevant skill used before levelling up, as the stat maxing shenanigans suck all the fun out of the game. Skyrim got it right by completely ditching this part of the game...

(4) Athletics levels up really slowly, might wanna speeden it up with a mod.) etc etc

So yeah, it really is kind of a mess. Morrowind was totally ok with a magicka regen mod, and Skyrim only needed some improvement in the inventory and map department. Thus @Magnus you might as well start straight from Skyrim, it's the most polished game in the series...

Edited by Ville

That does match previous rumours on Source 2. Probably out next year.