Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Jury Service.

welsh_gamer

I was reading about jury service last night, and was thinking that I wouldn't mind signing up to be chosen to be a jurour someday. This may sound weird but it's something I've always wanted to do, possibly due to the fact that you get to 'play' detective for a few moments and have a big group discussion about the crime/fate of the prosecutor. But after saying this, I'm uncertain if I could be responsible for sending somebody to prison.

Has anyone on the forum done jury service in the past?

If you were chosen someday, would you be able to reach a verdit and send a guilty man to prison, or possibly an innocent man to prison?

Would you be worried that friends of the prosecutor might hunt you down, if you send him/her to prison?

It doesn't sound so appealing now...

Been called for jury service a couple of times, always managed to talk my way out of it though, I really wouldn't want to be responsible for another mans fate.

I think it would be great to do jury service. I just like the idea of deciding someone elses fate, though as long as it wasn't something like a triple murder case or whatever.