N-Europe

Apple Press Conference (New iPods, iPhone price drop)

Guest bluey

I do, especially if the update is better than what apple has done which at the moment really won;t be hard to beat. If they're any good I might get one instead of this 16 gig touch

Yeah I'm considering getting the current Zune... just depends how far off the next version is.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm considering getting the current Zune... just depends how far off the next version is.

I'd wait, seeing as apple have just done this, they won't arrive to far down the line.

Oh and another foot in the grave for apple with me. They have stille not made the back scratch resistent as far as I can see. Yes, the back looks good, but not after a few weeks general use.

ipod-classic-hands-on-10.jpg

ipod-classic-hands-on-05.jpg

About the storage/price thing. The Touch is using flash memory to conserve battery life which is a lot more expensive. If it was using a hard drive the battery life would be half of what it is at the moment.

QFT people!

Wise up to this fact and stop moaning.

If you want a Touch, buy one, if you want a bigger one, wait a year, if you want your entire music collection with you, get a classic.

Oh and another foot in the grave for apple with me. They have stille not made the back scratch resistent as far as I can see. Yes, the back looks good, but not after a few weeks general use.

How the fuck can you say that with any certainty? They've just been announced and are only just shipping.

If your that worried about YOU scratching YOUR iPod, buy a case or be more careful with it. jeeez.

Heard rumbles about it, i should think it'll be out spring/summer next year. Maybe even autumn knowing how much Microsoft love delaying products.

Also on engadget today a M$ woman was saying how they deserve a B- overall for the way they've handled the zune. I couldn't agree more, they had a decent product, they just didn't know what they wanted to do with it.

I love that M$ should and could of made buying songs on the zune over wifi a major feature, but they fumbled and now the iPhone and iPod Touch can do it. Another chance M$ had to capitalise but weren't thinking logically enough. Defo be a feature in the new zune though.

Just leaves me wondering what other half baked ideas they'll try and push in the little brown plastic box this time round.

QFT people!

How the fuck can you say that with any certainty? They've just been announced and are only just shipping.

If your that worried about YOU scratching YOUR iPod, buy a case or be more careful with it. jeeez.

Look at the pic. The are scratch marks on the back of one of the new ones. near the apple logo. I do apologise for wanting something so simple for a product that's pretty expensive and from a generally good company.

Still, the nano's are pretty damn nice looking.

That's just a forceful attitude Apple has then: telling the market what they want.

It's the realities of the flash market. Apple are the number one company swallowing up all the flash thats out there.

Apple have started a new line of iPods with the touch, but it is just a start. I expect the old iPod to be phased out over the next couple of years and replaced with flash touch's as the flash market becomes more full of higher capacity units.

Look at the pic. The are scratch marks on the back of one of the new ones. near the apple logo. I do apologise for wanting something so simple for a product that's pretty expensive and from a generally good company.

Still, the nano's are pretty damn nice looking.

Sorry, i though you were on about the front since the side and back is silver.

Still, you get the iPod brand new, your the person who scratches it through use, i can understand you getting annoyed at it but why are you so paranoid about the back of a product?

The back of my 10 month old iPod is scratched to high heaven but i don't care since it lives in my pocket 98% of the time.

Please don't chatfart about the price, since the price has been reduced SIGNIFICANTLY and is better than the price of most of it's competitors if i remember the number right.

As a rule I try to wait for the second iteration of most things so I'm not too worried about the price of the Touch, plus I only just bought a nano 2 months ago. I am looking forward to getting a Touch though, most likely the next version.

It's the realities of the flash market. Apple are the number one company swallowing up all the flash thats out there.

Apple have started a new line of iPods with the touch, but it is just a start. I expect the old iPod to be phased out over the next couple of years and replaced with flash touch's as the flash market becomes more full of higher capacity units.

Sorry, i though you were on about the front since the side and back is silver.

Still, you get the iPod brand new, your the person who scratches it through use, i can understand you getting annoyed at it but why are you so paranoid about the back of a product?

The back of my 10 month old iPod is scratched to high heaven but i don't care since it lives in my pocket 98% of the time.

Please don't chatfart about the price, since the price has been reduced SIGNIFICANTLY and is better than the price of most of it's competitors if i remember the number right.

Well, I like things I buy that cost alot (I'm saying any product that costs alot, not moaning at the price) to stay as close to the condition it was in when I bought it for as long as possible. I just think it looks a bit ugly and loses it's looks with a massively scratched up back.

Well, I like things I buy that cost alot (I'm saying any product that costs alot, not moaning at the price) to stay as close to the condition it was in when I bought it for as long as possible. I just think it looks a bit ugly and loses it's looks with a massively scratched up back.

Buy a case, thats what I did with my nano and it still looks brand spanking new.

Wouldn't you be the person to go for the designer iPod cases then?

My advice to Apple? Try harder next time: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/543276/art/archos/704-wifi-40-gb-multimedia.html?itag=6507

Does more than the iPod Touch and has 40GB of storage rather than the Touch's 16GB. Only thing it lacks is being able to purchase music over WiFi

On the scratching front, you could buy a case but then you are loosing the whole point of having a good design in the first place...

My advice to Apple? Try harder next time: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/543276/art/archos/704-wifi-40-gb-multimedia.html?itag=6507

Does more than the iPod Touch and has 40GB of storage rather than the Touch's 16GB. Only thing it lacks is being able to purchase music over WiFi

On the scratching front, you could buy a case but then you are loosing the whole point of having a good design in the first place...

Shame it looks like a car wreck.

Shame it looks like a car wreck.

Which is why Apple should have looked at it and thought "this is a good product, a bit ugly though" and made a similar but better looking product rather than the retarded touch

The idea of product design is that you design a product, then make it look nice. The Touch is straight out of the Marketing department rather than the design department, they made it look nice then tried to figure out what they could fit inside

Which is why Apple should have looked at it and thought "this is a good product, a bit ugly though" and made a similar but better looking product rather than the retarded touch

The idea of product design is that you design a product, then make it look nice. The Touch is straight out of the Marketing department rather than the design department, they made it look nice then tried to figure out what they could fit inside

What don't you like about it? Personally I think it looks better than the iPhone.

Hmm, now I've seen the prices and had a few hours to think, I'm not sure what I like/want. I like the look of the new nano now, and it is a really good price, but I already have an 8 gig nano and need bigger. The classic is at an amazing price imo, but I'd prefer not to have something that bulky. The touch has the 16 gig that I want, but is way tooo expensive for me. I guess I'll just wait a while until a bigger nano comes out, and hopefully that comes before I get about 350 more songs in my iTunes library.