NEurope
Guest bluey

Apple Press Conference (New iPods, iPhone price drop)

Looks to squashed IMO! Prefer the older design!

iPod Touch looks nice though!

dsc_7640.jpg

The font and everything, I just thought of the Wii when I saw this picture!

dsc_7647.jpg

I'd love a nano with video, games, cover flow etc., but it looks a bit short and fat and wouldve liked more than 8GB, seeing I already have an 8GB nano, and that's 3/4 full. Will have to go to the Apple Store and see if I like it.

Apple have done pretty badly.

The iTouch is awesome! But when you see there is only 8GB and 16GB, you realise it sucks.

The rest, except for the nano, is meh.

I just want a bigger Ipod. 160 gig seems good seeing as I have 80 gigs of music.

I don't care about the features I just want something to play all my music. Thats why Iphone is a no go.

aaah but the nano is so cute!! i really want the turquoise one O_o the iphone is lovely but way too expensive and i might as well just duct-tape my phone, camera and (battered-old-in-need-of-replacement) video ipod together ^_^

..."dear...santa...sorry about all the...

No UK prices as of yet.... Expect them to be way more than the quoted prices in the press conference.

If they allow more formats for video then I want one. If not then oh well.

balls...I just bought a 30gig ipod in the states the other day. (well my mate did it for me...)

dammit.

Apple have done pretty badly.

The iTouch is awesome! But when you see there is only 8GB and 16GB, you realise it sucks.

The rest, except for the nano, is meh.

My thoughts exactly. The iTouch interested me until I realised not even all my music would fit on the 16GB model, let alone movies as well.

I hope Steve Jobs falls down a well. Then at least no one could hear his bullshit.

Erm, Techboards?

Nanos are cute!

Classic is the don!

Touch looks cheap, i'm just gunna get the 8GB or hopefully 16GB iPhone.

160 GB classic for me very soon, will last me a good couple years.

16GB touch is £269

I've done a little big post about it on my website.

Anyone know when the next generation of Zunes are going to be announced?

More to the point, does anyone care?!

Answer: No.

No UK prices as of yet.... Expect them to be way more than the quoted prices in the press conference.

Shuffles still £49

Nano's from £99 for 4GB £129 for 8Gb

80GB Classic for £159 AKA BARGAIN! Old 80GB was 229.

160GB Classic £129

Touch 8GB £199 16GB £269

If they allow more formats for video then I want one. If not then oh well.

EXACTLY the same as iTunes, so you need to get it in MP4 or something and into iTunes and it'll sync across.

That was a bit of a big post for me . . .

seriously people. "oh my god i can only take 16 gigs of music!".

i remember going on holiday with a portable cd-player and only two cd's, some ten years ago. it was enough. you're spoiled to death. some attitude.

hell, i can also remember walking into the grand canyon with a friggin walkman, and only one tape. that's sixty minutes. i compiled it myself. good times. had some top gun soundtrack on it. "highway to the dangerzone". yeah! didn't give a fuck about gigs back then! just me and my songs.

i remember going on holiday with a portable cd-player and only two cd's, some ten years ago. it was enough. you're spoiled to death. some attitude.

Did you're portable CD player + 2 CDs cost you the best part of £300 though?

Thing is, people want their ENTIRE music libraries with them all the time. It's awesome. So when your paying over £250 for something, you want it to be able to do that.

The Classic is the best iPod out there IMO untill they release the tTouch or derivatives of, in models of 30GB or more.

I'm happy though, i'll have a great iPod, with proper controls, and my whole music library and some anime episodes too, and when i get my iPhone i'll use it for holding a few films for me to watch when i'm on the train.

as a matter of fact, my first portable cd-player was one of the first ever made, it weighed a ton, was from sony and it priced somewhere around 10 000 franks (belgium), now being 250 euro, or some 200 pounds. but back then 10 000 franks was more like 500 euro today...

you must also understand that you're not paying for storage per se. there's design, there's the itunes service, there's the fact that these things are brand new and unique in their genre, there's the apple logo and there's the multifunctionality thing. if my cd-player back then could play vids i'm sure it would have been quite the pricy thing.

the point i'm making is that nobody really needs to carry their complete music collection with them. it's a nice thing, but its also a penis-thing. you will never be able to listen to 80 gigs, even if you flew to the moon and back. it's an artificial need, created by people who profit from other people thinking that they constantly need more storage.

hype zomg 4000 gigz! best thing in the world!

people were happy with half a gig of mp3, i remember. so why should they be unhappy now? obviously it's not their decision if they're happy with it or not. and that's a funny thing. consumerism makes baby jezus smile.

as a matter of fact, my first portable cd-player was one of the first ever made, it weighed a ton, was from sony and it priced somewhere around 10 000 franks (belgium), now being 250 euro, or some 200 pounds. but back then 10 000 franks was more like 500 euro today...

you must also understand that you're not paying for storage per se. there's design, there's the itunes service, there's the fact that these things are brand new and unique in their genre, there's the apple logo and there's the multifunctionality thing. if my cd-player back then could play vids i'm sure it would have been quite the pricy thing.

the point i'm making is that nobody really needs to carry their complete music collection with them. it's a nice thing, but its also a penis-thing. you will never be able to listen to 80 gigs, even if you flew to the moon and back. it's an artificial need, created by people who profit from other people thinking that they constantly need more storage.

hype zomg 4000 gigz! best thing in the world!

Look, that was then, this is now. Times change. 16GB for the price they are selling it for is utter bollocks. I'm sorry, but paying that much "for the design" is again bollocks.

I wish they'd have made the "Classic" touch.

More to the point, does anyone care?!

Answer: No.[/size][/color]

Oh yeah I forgot sorry, you're right again.

Oh yeah I forgot sorry, you're right again.

I do, especially if the update is better than what apple has done which at the moment really won;t be hard to beat. If they're any good I might get one instead of this 16 gig touch

I'm sorry, but paying that much "for the design" is again bollocks.

apparently there's 110 million people who would disagree with you there. :)

the ipods have always been overpriced. didn't stop the people from going "omg, it's white!". obviously you know better, so simply don't buy it...

About the storage/price thing. The Touch is using flash memory to conserve battery life which is a lot more expensive. If it was using a hard drive the battery life would be half of what it is at the moment.