NEurope
Guest bluey

Apple Press Conference (New iPods, iPhone price drop)

Enjoy taking it out your pocket every time you want to change the volume!

God the iPod touch is so shiiiiit.

just out of curiosity what's your opinion about the iPhone. I'm going to order a 8-gig black nano for sure now. I'm trying to decide when though, should I order right away or wait until the rush is over.

UK Prices:

iPod shuffle: £49

iPod nano: £99 (4GB), £129 (8GB)

iPod classic: £159 (80GB), £229 (160GB)

iPod touch: £199 (8GB), £269 (16GB)

just out of curiosity what's your opinion about the iPhone. I'm going to order a 8-gig black nano for sure now. I'm trying to decide when though, should I order right away or wait until the rush is over.

iPhone, fantastic innovation, excellent styling and OS... lacking in features big time.

I'm getting an 8GB black asap, why wait.

3G, Picture messaging, video recording, video watching, copy/paste, games, radio, proper camera, picture editing, use your own ringtones...

I could go on and on

I do also think that the grey ipod classic looks incredibly cheap (as in tacky)

It's 'silver' apparently. I think i'm getting the black but i know when i see it in person.

3G, Picture messaging, video recording, video watching, copy/paste, games, radio, proper camera, picture editing, use your own ringtones...

I could go on and on

Who needs picture messaging when you have email? Video watching? huh?

Games you can get with a hack ^_^ And who really wants to edit photos on a 3 inch screen?!?! Surely if your serious about editing photos you'll do it on a bigger screen, like say the macbook pro.

The 2MP camera needs an upgrade, and it definitely needs 3G for us in Europe. And the ability to record video should've been included as well. New iPhones soon though i expect, so probably a version designed for us more phone savvy europeans.

It's Apples first phone so it's not going to be all too feature packed. They also know that people will buy it anyway even lacking all that functionality, only to get even more sales when iPhone 2 comes out.

The lack of picture messaging still sucks. As does most of the other features I mentioned. I couldn't care less about photo editing but it's still something other manufacturers have been doing for ages now.

Have you ever tried reaching into your jean pocket, flicking off the Hold, and changing the volume on the click-wheel? It's not easy.

Motion how did you come up with those prices? They official?

Posted them a couple pages back as well.

Have you ever tried reaching into your jean pocket, flicking off the Hold, and changing the volume on the click-wheel? It's not easy.

I too would be to differ. It depends how loose your jeans are though, if your one of them emo types in skinny jeans you have no chance of doing anything in them apart from looking stupid 85% of the time.

Can be a task if the iPod is situated in the same pocket as my wallet and phone. Unless I've got my MC Hammer Parachute trousers on, then its easy as busting a move or two.

How hard is it to reach into your pocket and adjust the volume using the clickwheel? Piss easy.

How annoying would it be to reach into your pocket, turn it off sleep/hold mode, drag your finger accross the volume control, put it back onto sleep mode, then put this huge thing in your pocket? Bloody annoying.

How hard is it to reach into your pocket and adjust the volume using the clickwheel? Piss easy.

How annoying would it be to reach into your pocket, turn it off sleep/hold mode, drag your finger accross the volume control, put it back onto sleep mode, then put this huge thing in your pocket? Bloody annoying.

Agreed, the best thing for me is when i get an iPhone to have all my video on that, and keep all my music on the Classic i'll be buying in the next month or so.

Agreed, the best thing for me is when i get an iPhone to have all my video on that, and keep all my music on the Classic i'll be buying in the next month or so.

but the iPhone doesn't have that much storage.

I dunno why people complain about the touch, i really don't.

i agree its a nice piece of hardware and if i was willing to spend an extra 100$ i would get one instead of an 8 gig nano.

but the iPhone doesn't have that much storage.

8GB with a decent compression is fine for a few series of TV shows and a couple of films. Plus it'll probably go up to 16GB before i can get the iPhone.

So....how long until an iPod Touch with decent storage comes out? How often do these changes happen? Twice a year? (questions galore!)

Well the last iPod (video) update was August last year.

I wouldn't get a Touch just yet, I'm thinking it will be a transition one until a better one comes out, similar the iPod Photo. I would think possibly April of next year? I'm hoping for the 16GB to be the price of the current 8GB, the 8gb to be discontinued and then release a 32GB one at the price of the 16GB.

I don't think they'll phase out the classic, there will be a big demand for it at this price, a lot of people don't want anything more than a normal iPod. The new Nano is very good value at £100 for 4GB with video capibilities.