NEurope
Hellfire

Next month's ONM: Red Steel 2?

I miss Nintendo Magazine System, when it was edited by Julian"Jaz" Rignall, Ed Boon, Paul Davis, Gary "gaz" Howard and a man who decided to call himself radionautomatic because this crap didnt happen back then. It was bascially the Nintendo spin off of Mean Machines.

Big bumpage here but just read this on GoNintendo.

We’ve known that Red Steel 2 was in the works for a long time now. We never had an official confirmation from Ubisoft, but various retailers and websites directly related to Ubisoft spilled the beans in one way or another. Now ONM has the first official statement from Ubisoft stating that the game is indeed in the works.

Red Steel 2 has been in development for nearly a year now. The goal is to provide better graphics, controls, AI, and basically everything else you would expect from a sequel. As we had hoped for, online play is going to be included as well.

I havent picked up my copy yet but apparently its all in there.

Yes it is but it isn't a quote, it is ONM writing. They also mention about them revealing it - they say they were supposed to unveil the game a couple of months ago but it fell through. We'll hear about it very soon I feel and pray it is an AMAZING game!

The first one was a badly unfinshed product. I look forward to a greatly improved sequel.

Great news. I'm glad Ubisoft don't go all casual on Wii. Can't wait to play it online.

I havent picked up my copy yet but apparently its all in there.

After seeing the scan, there's no official confirmation. They've basically pointing out that everyone knows it exists. Like in NGamer's latest issue.

I hope the sequel will be better, and doesn't portray the Japanese culture so stereotypical again. The potential was there in the first game, but the game just wasn't finished.

There was a rumor a while ago, about why the ONM exclusive deal might have fell through:

The team at Ubisoft Paris behind the Red Steel working on Red Steel 2 for a fall 2007 release date and had the majority of the game finished, until marketing and executive types declared the game to be crap. Because of the declaration, development was transferred to another team at Ubisoft Paris, who has been forced to start work on the title from scratch (for a fall 2008 release), having to redo pretty much everything, and there has been a number of "layoffs." Development on the title is being described as a "nightmare."
Source: http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/10/disaster-day-of-ubisofts-wii-problems.html

Take it as a grain of salt, but... who knows, it's sure taking a while to resurface considering Ubisoft's style of anual sequels.

Well least the got a kick in the face there. Hopefully if the rumour is true then we can see a good sequal.

I really don't know if I should put this up or not. Not after all the other times...

I would until that article itself is there in print. ONM is just so full of bull I'm amazed anyone pays any attention to them still.

There was a mini preview of this in the newest issue of NGamer. It's definitely coming.

How can you be sure? Ha, yeah... it was announced like this time last year. :wink:

In the words of Guiness, good things come to those who wait. :D I hope Ubisoft have taken a leaf out of Nintendo's book and realised that a good game cannot be rushed. The fact that it hasn't been released this Christmas pleases me, as you know that it would have just been a cash in on the last game to get some quick Christmas sales. I hope they're going all out on it.

I hope the game has been in consistent development and gets a two-year development cycle. The single year RS had didn't do the game much good...

The 1st game had potential and if they get the fingers out and get a decent online mode going and copy the Metroid controls then they could be on to a winner.

I miss Nintendo Magazine System, when it was edited by Julian"Jaz" Rignall, Ed Boon, Paul Davis, Gary "gaz" Howard and a man who decided to call himself radionautomatic because this crap didnt happen back then. It was bascially the Nintendo spin off of Mean Machines.

Those were the days.

I think Red Steel just needed to be developed more. If they start with the original and put in another few years work then RS2 might be great. The fact that RS sold over 1 million copies shows that there is a large group of gamers who own a Wii and want good quality traditional games. That fact is also reinforced by the steller sales of the Wii version of RE4, which despite being sold on the GC, PS2 and PC it managed to clcok up over a million sales.

mmo? an fps?

Why not?

A world to explore, two teams, you can kill the other team and you win points by killing it :D.

Then, there are Instance Missions ^^

Woulnd't be cool?

I picked up the latest issue of ONM today to read/glance at while at work and the staff need a good kick up the arse.

They had a review of both:

Lifesigns on the DS and Endless ocean-Both released months ago and should have been reviewed much earlier

They had Dementium: The ward down for a 2008 release!!!

Next time I'II stick to Edge Magazine or general website based news.