Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

'Buffy' spin-off given go-ahead

Happenstance

Never liked Buffy, thought it was complete toss, especially when my friends made we watch that diabolical musical special. But back in the day Sarah Michelle-Gellar was hot.

Yeah, Sarah Michelle Gellar in series 1-3 was stunningly gorgeous. Now she's just like most other skinny celebs. Disappointing.

I did say BEFORE they met. so episodes with zoe and mal in the war (they had a lot of war stories), maybe an episdoe or two of Jayne, couple for Shepard before he was a shepherd and how he became a shepherd etc. They'd have to be linked though, maybe through the actions of a new character. They are telling that persons story, but at the same time showing all the others. Obviously it would be set before the events shown in "out of gas".

but that'd remove Serenity- the coolest set in tv!

you know they built the whole thing? all the rooms are linked and everything in a massive soundstage. quite impressive really.

It's 2 massive sets - an upstairs and a downstairs.

In the set made for the movie, the top half on the ship is built on massive, shakeable platform. Eat your heart out, Nemesis Enterprise Bridge.

Angel > Buffy imo

Also if they were gunna do a spin-off, atleast choose someone better to revolve it around, a Spike spin-off would of been ace.

Joss Whedon doesn't really like Spike that much as a character (never saw the big appeal myself either). So not going to happen.

The Faith and Spike roguing around on a motorbike spin-off that was kicked around during season seven would have been quite awesome.

It hasnt been confirmed what it is. Years ago it was originally a prequel but that was when it was just a concept.

If you are to believe the original article (which now its been pointed out, most of us dont apart from the fact that Ripper will air in some form) then its set when Giles comes out of retirement and if thats the case it'll have to be a bit in the future to sync up with the season 8 comic.