NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

Hmm I wonder if this is an issue for everyone who finishes the game...

That is a strange glitch , will be interesting to see if it's a common problem. I hope not.

Just out of curiosity , after moving the save file , did you try to move it back and then try the game again , just a thought (and may save you starting again).

Just tried that now and it still freezes my Wii. Its a shame as I really wanted to get all the pics/treasures etc. I guess I will play it again some where down the line.

That's not good.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough if i have a similar problem (just done the final king) , but it may be best if I carry on going after the collectables 'just in case'.

Here's a question for you. If I equip a unit with one of those special weapons, and the unit dies, do I love the weapon forever?

Looks like im not the only one that the glitch happened to. Just found this over on G-Faqs.

Ok found a MAJOR glich in the game.

not sure how i did it or anything like that but i can no longer get bast the third loading screen (the one just before the title comes up and you can see whats going on in your kingdom) instead i get a blank screen until i turn the Wii off.

but this only happens if i load the game with my saved data, if i move the data from my wii to the SD card it works fine but then i would have to restart the game [and i've completed tones so don't want to do that]

has anyone got any idea how i did this or how i can get the game to work with my data intact?

i think i must have done sometihng strange just before saveing the game and the game can't display this on the title screen

At least I managed to finish the game, this poor sod has lost it halfway through playing it :(

Looks like im not the only one that the glitch happened to. Just found this over on G-Faqs.

(

Since reading your post , I have started to back up my save , especially as I decided to attempt to complete this yesterday (and failed miserably :p , but thats another story).

Really shouldn't have to do that though and for a game of this quality to have such an issue is seriously disappointing.

Here's a question for you. If I equip a unit with one of those special weapons, and the unit dies, do I love the weapon forever?

Pretty sure you don't , as you get the opportunity to re-equip it to someone else.

Seems like the days of DK64 with all this stuff to hunt down :p

Currently have :

97/100 paintings

54/58 Equipment (hoping the rest appear IF I get those paintings)

Records Book 9/9 complete

Jewels 6/7

Tunes 15/30 (ouch)

Animals 13/14

Food 40/40 complete

UMA 51/53

Wonder Spots 20/20 complete

Video 36/36 complete

Almost there , only taken close on 60 hours so far

Since reading your post , I have started to back up my save , especially as I decided to attempt to complete this yesterday (and failed miserably :p , but thats another story).

Really shouldn't have to do that though and for a game of this quality to have such an issue is seriously disappointing.

Pretty sure you don't , as you get the opportunity to re-equip it to someone else.

Seems like the days of DK64 with all this stuff to hunt down :p

Currently have :

97/100 paintings

54/58 Equipment (hoping the rest appear IF I get those paintings)

Records Book 9/9 complete

Jewels 6/7

Tunes 15/30 (ouch)

Animals 13/14

Food 40/40 complete

UMA 51/53

Wonder Spots 20/20 complete

Video 36/36 complete

Almost there , only taken close on 60 hours so far

hehe thank you for the answer then I guess it's time to equip my army.

Also there are a lot of people on GameFaqs that finished the game and got no bugs. That's most likely a corrupt save.

That's most likely a corrupt save.

Another reason why I am frequently backing up a working save.

Just keeping a close eye on what I do in case I am able to replicate the glitch , in the hope of offering a solution. It's a whole new mini-game :p.

Pigmarcher, i'm assuning you're the one pimping this game at Quidco. Nice one!

Yep , that would be me. It's not often that a game this awesome comes along so any opportunity to convince people to give it a look needs to be taken. ;)

Finally decided to crack on a complete the thing , completely awesome game from start to finish. A few issues here and there but nothing major other than the above glitch which I don't appear to have run into.

Managed to also get close to 100% completion but have the saved file to go back to.

Despite loving the game , I was disappointed that you couldn't continue after and I do feel that they dropped an excellent opportunity to provide that chance.

During the second part of the final battle when the world is getting destroyed by the earthquake , I do feel that Cing could have allowed/found an excuse for us to go back to the world to repair the damage. After all , all that Boi could have come in handy and it would have allowed a great chance to go for the 100% completion.

Speaking of which , managed to fill out 7 of the 8 books , only the Songbook needed completing. Also still needed 3 paintings and 3 Treasures (although those are probably linked.

Seriously, finished it already? I thought this game was massive, lasting you for ages and stuffz...

It is massive. My save file is a fraction under 60 hours , although the total time would be a lot more than that.

I just have had nothing on for the last week and ended up getting completely addicted and consumed by this , always wanted to do 'just one more day'.

It is massive. My save file is a fraction under 60 hours , although the total time would be a lot more than that.

I just have had nothing on for the last week and ended up getting completely addicted and consumed by this , always wanted to do 'just one more day'.

Sweet :) This game will be mine when ye olde student wages have been paid.

Oh wow ok preaching to the choir here but brought this game my first new Wii game for ages.

And its incredible! Firstly all I can say is the music! Its so awesome it makes you feel like a 19th century King especially the battle theme, it also lends a fairy tale element to the whole world.

The mechanics are great so far really enjoying it.

Two questions though, when I am told someone's washed up on shore do they just reappear in town? I have been down to the shore and have only found urns.

Secondly does anyone else find the graphics slightly blurry?

I think the festivals are such a lovely touch it really makes the town feel alive and makes each victory so sweet. Touches like that are what make good games great imo.

Two questions though, when I am told someone's washed up on shore do they just reappear in town? I have been down to the shore and have only found urns.

Secondly does anyone else find the graphics slightly blurry?

Yeah, the graphics are slightly blurry but its not really off putting.

As for your men washing up on the shore im not quite sure. Alot of the time they were in my Royal Guard and I could just call them from the pedestal and they would appear. Other times I had to go the the beach and get them one by one.

Heard this game runs in 50hz only. Does it have borders like MadWorld or does it run in fullscreen? If not I'll get the US version.

I got it yesterday, the damn frog keeps killing me!!

And yea, the game runs in full screen.

Yeah, the graphics are slightly blurry but its not really off putting.

As for your men washing up on the shore im not quite sure. Alot of the time they were in my Royal Guard and I could just call them from the pedestal and they would appear. Other times I had to go the the beach and get them one by one.

They actually wash up on the beach? :P I thought they were just saying that..Whenever one of my soldiers die, I go the citizen list and re-assign them to the royal guard.

Still stuck at the mountain king. How much luck do I need? I think I got five directions right in a row before the time was up. Going to try again sometime later with some new jobs to get through it faster.

Is it really 60 hours? It's a good game, but I'm not sure if I want to play the game for that long. I have played it for about 22 hours.

Still stuck at the mountain king. How much luck do I need? I think I got five directions right in a row before the time was up. Going to try again sometime later with some new jobs to get through it faster.

Is it really 60 hours? It's a good game, but I'm not sure if I want to play the game for that long. I have played it for about 22 hours.

At the entrance to the caves check the signpost there , as it gives you directions. Took me a while to notice it.

The game isn't 60 hours and can probably be done in around 25 , but you would be missing out on a lot of other stuff. Really depends if collectathons and side quests are your thing.

Even then , 60 hours is probably a little much , as I did spend way too much time just dossing around the kingdom.

Was that 60 hours of actual playtime or the time the game shows? I remember taking ~40 hrs for fire emblem, which in reality was more like 80 hrs (with all the resets)

I'm not one of those people who wait for pricedrops, and I was convinced to buy this game when I first heard of it (which feels like.. A year ago?).

Unfortunately, this game does not seem to exist in The Netherlands. I've called various stores Friday, and checked a few websites, but it's nowhere to be found. Maybe some distribution problems? Who's the distributor in Europe (I'll give them a call perhaps). I think I'll wait a bit, in case it does show up in the next week or so, so I can support the Dutch videogame market specificly, or maybe I'll just order it from Amazon(.co.uk), that'll be a quicker, and a whole lot cheaper as well.

Maybe you already got it, but just in case: did you try Dimension Plus? I got it there, you can also order online through their website.

I got my copy in Belgium, but usually the mediamarkt should have it.

Looks like this might be available from the stars catalogue again soon, it has a "coming soon" sticker on it.

Currently doing side quests after the death of the first king. Have to admit find it kinda sucky that the quests have time limits I have already failed one and now it seems I can never do it agian which I consider a bit of a pain.

Still never mind I lost loads and loads of men but I think pretty much all of them washed up on the beach the next two days which was classic!

Also had my first time staying out all night with my men love the morning exercises animations they started doing at daybreak. :grin: