NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

This game is so fabulous. I'm over 8 hours in and still haven't faced any of the six main kings. I'm very pleased with how deep the whole thing is.

If anyone's still on the fence about this game, believe all the great things people have said about it. Well worth your time and money.

I ordered this last week at the same time as I also ordered The Conduit. This on 1-3 week delivery on Amazon for £16 and The Conduit was a preorder from Zavvi..... which one came first? Little King's Story by a week and counting!

Anyway, I would agree with all the good stuff said about this game. I'm 3 hours in and loving it, it's such an awesome game to end my evening on after playing something a little more intense like GST or MK. The depth is great, so many different buildings and also so many things to do!

The mini boss fights are really cool too and actually quite challenging. I'm playing on hard and died to the 2nd mission (the frog) a couple of times before I figured out his routine in a slightly Zelda-esque way.

Since this is going around for sub £20 prices I would strongly recommend it, one of the best games I've played so far this year.

Wow. Some glowing recommendations here. I have to take a week off in August and will have to stay at home for the majority so will defo have to pick this up, especially as it's so cheap.

Any negative points about the game?

Any negative points about the game?

Just to prove I am not completely biased :p.

Only negatives I can think of are :

Some people have run into a game breaking glitch where you can't access your save file/or it gets corrupted. I don't think it's a common issue and when I last checked there didn't seem to be a known cause or way to avoid it, just dumb luck really. Obviously, a major problem if you do run into it though, so it may be worth keeping a working back-up save on SD.

Minor issues include, pathfinding when you control a larger army. This is almost eliminated later in the game when a couple of new options present themselves but it doesn't go away completely.

The aiming can be a little twitchy and the camera is a little awkward in a couple of places but nothing that is a serious problem and you do get used to things.

That being said, there are far too many positives about the game to let even the potential game breaker ruin the experience.

Which reminds me, I must be due to crack on with another playthrough soon.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

i know this game is 50hz and 576i only, But does it have black bars on the top, bottom, left, right? (top, bottom = bad pal convertion like madworld).

America just got this lolz!

So if it'll help anyone make their minds up, here's the GT review...

America just got this lolz!

So if it'll help anyone make their minds up, here's the GT review...

They got extra stuff though. I think they got a hard mode or something.

Just wanted to show my love for this game!

I've put about 20 hours into it now, doing lots and lots of the small quests and also finally beating the second king yay! He was so annoying for me to beat, kept resetting the game because all my good men kept dying haha. But eventually I managed to beat him, so yay! ^____^

It's just a really fun game, pretty much exactly what I had been looking for on the Wii I think. Just love it! =D

Just wanted to show my love for this game!

I've put about 20 hours into it now, doing lots and lots of the small quests and also finally beating the second king yay! He was so annoying for me to beat, kept resetting the game because all my good men kept dying haha. But eventually I managed to beat him, so yay! ^____^

It's just a really fun game, pretty much exactly what I had been looking for on the Wii I think. Just love it! =D

Pro tip you are gaurenteed to get all losses from King Battles back on the beach the next day.

Unless you were resetting for convenience and saving death benifit rather than being scared of losing your men.

I really need to get back into this game I stopped playing after the 3rd King but I love the game!

Pro tip you are gaurenteed to get all losses from King Battles back on the beach the next day.

Unless you were resetting for convenience and saving death benifit rather than being scared of losing your men.

I really need to get back into this game I stopped playing after the 3rd King but I love the game!

Ahhh okay! I wasn't sure if I was always going to get them back or not. They're too good to lose!

But yeah my men weren't strong enough when I went into that battle, so after a few times I gave up and decided to go on some more quests and eventually turn them into Hardened Soldiers and buy some extra life points. It helped! =P

Anyway yes, you need to play the game again, it's brilliant. =D

Edited by Eenuh

The king where you have to basically play pinball with him was a nightmare for me. Finishing him off was so tricky.

And I too must really go back to this gem of a game at some point.

The king where you have to basically play pinball with him was a nightmare for me. Finishing him off was so tricky.

And I too must really go back to this gem of a game at some point.

Haha yes, that's the king I meant! He was horrible! Especially annoying when you missed him and he kept eating and eating. Grahhhh! X3

Haha yes, that's the king I meant! He was horrible! Especially annoying when you missed him and he kept eating and eating. Grahhhh! X3

Heh, I just wanted to punch his fat face in. How dare he roll over my warriors :(

Poor Caleb...

As I've updated the thread title with the info may as well post it in here too; currently £15 at Gameplay.

Defeated the rather easy but also nasty

White Poison Mushroom guy Guardian. He seems easy at first but has an instant kill attack which is rather nasty.

Anyway back into this game now it freaking rocks!!

Erf, I really need to get back to this game. Didn't even make it to the first king yet, cause i got kinda annoyed by the grinding for money.

Just did the

Egg King

and wow a game that introduces topics such as existentialism, depression and psychology as well as questioning your reasons for expansion. So much for a "kiddy game". Found the boss fight a little frustrating as I had to keep repeating it but thought it was a classic music and concept wise and the pre boss bit was great as well.

By the way has anyone else

told that scientist guy to shove it?

I hope I didn't spoil the game somehow by doing that.

Anyway what a classic loving this game probably my fave of 2009 so far I reckon.

Erf, I really need to get back to this game. Didn't even make it to the first king yet, cause i got kinda annoyed by the grinding for money.

Why were you grinding for money? Later on something happens that will make it much easier to get money in large amounts I think its after the first boss actually.

This game is currently £10 in Sainsburys!

I nearly bought it but I always get confused between this and some other title which has a similar cover so I text Tellyn to confirm but he never responded :heh: Will pick it up when I next go.

This game is currently £10 in Sainsburys!

I nearly bought it but I always get confused between this and some other title which has a similar cover so I text Tellyn to confirm but he never responded :heh: Will pick it up when I next go.

Ah crap, it was still turned off, lest I crash the plane. But yes, it is a great game. :heh:

Everyone that doesn't allready have this game and still doubts it at this price......

B

U

Y

IT NOW!!!!!!!