NEurope
Retro_Link

Little King's Story

Cheers for typing that up H-o-T. Not sure what Seage is but hey... :heh:

*raises middle finger*

Just gave it a quick look through and corrected any mistakes I spotted.

Here's the games intro sequence.

There have been a couple of cut scenes like that in what I've played of the game so far - I love the style too.

It's a sad state of affairs when gamers are actually anticipating a price cut :indeed:

I'd love to grab a good deal as much as the next guy, but I also want this to sell well. Either way, this is definitely my next purchase.

But it's understandable seem as so many of us have been stung recently with the likes of HOTD and Madworld getting big price cuts just 2 weeks after release.

Seems to be £27.99 most places online, good price.

Meh, I kinda relish the fact that I supported HotD & Madworld before the pricecuts. Makes me feel like a tough brute hardcore man, mister Hat.

Of course, now I don't have any money left. Which kinda sucks I suppose.

Was glad I waited for a price cut for HotD but Madworld left a bad taste in my mouth , hence the initial reluctance to pre-order this.

At least this should provide more than just a few days entertainment.

Meh, I kinda relish the fact that I supported HotD & Madworld before the pricecuts. Makes me feel like a tough brute hardcore man, mister Hat.

Of course, now I don't have any money left. Which kinda sucks I suppose.

I'm sorry but having enough money to eat takes precedence over feeling like a mug for paying full price for something that is half price within the same month...

Ahum, before this discussion takes on proportions like Conduit's SD/HD-'discussion', back to Little King's Story.

Looks very fun and interesting! Getting some good reviews too, so chances are I'll pick this one up.

Edited by Strange Cookie

GAME is processing my order, hopefully it will ship today. Pikmin 2 has already been shipped.

GAME is processing my order, hopefully it will ship today. Pikmin 2 has already been shipped.

Ditto , really looking forward to this now.

I am going to have to wait a while for Pikmin 2 , hopefully gets a price cut soonish , but probably not , that'll teach me for selling the Cube version :shakehead , (although I marginally prefer the prequel).

Mine too ( along with Henry Hatsworth ) I really cant wait to get my hands on LKS, yes im very hyped! :)

Mine too ( along with Henry Hatsworth ) I really cant wait to get my hands on LKS, yes im very hyped! :)

Me too. Mine's been shipped! I'm expecting a load of other parcels though so I hope it doesn't interfere with the delivery.

Me too. Mine's been shipped!

Just checked my emails again and mines been shipped aswell. Its now a race against time to see if I can finish Soul Bubbles before it arrives. Im on the last world now so I should be done in time...

I like this part of the review by Eurogamer.

Repetitive? Yes. Dull? Yes, if you're the type of person who thinks all games are dull unless they feature 19 kinds of gun, monsters who look like they're made of genitals and a driving bit. If you prefer pretty, soothing, comforting gaming experiences, Little King's Story will hook you in like a lullaby sung by an angel who breathes morphine.

Classic.

I'm not into gun games, and to be honest, I'm starting to find this a bit boring.. The production values are excellent, though, and from where I am in the game, it looks like there'll be LOADS to do, so for those people who do enjoy it (and don't get bored) you're going to love it.

Words cannot describe how much im enjoying and loving this game so I will do this.

:bouncy::bouncy::grin::D:love::love::bouncy::grin::D:love::heart::heart::bowdown::awesome::awesome:

:bowdown::bowdown::yay::yay::heart::heart::D:kiss::kiss::heart::heart:

I didn't recieve it from GAME today, which is odd as 99.9% of the time i always do...hopefully tomorrow!

Mine arrived this morning and I have managed to spend a couple of hours with it (done up to the second boss).

TBH , my very early impressions were a bit mixed , loved the style , soundtrack but just thought the controls seemed a little screwed (especially the aiming thing). Also found it a little difficult to establish the health of all of your party , except for having to pull up the menu. That part still seems a bit off , especially when you can control even just a few more citizens. I was hoping that splitting your different classes would be easier , a bit more Pikmin like I suppose.

However , the more I am playing of this the less those slight issues are bugging me and this thing is really beginning to draw me in. Even though I am still early it is already becoming clear how much this game may have to offer , and this may actually be the game that ensures my Wii stays in regular use for a while.

All I can say , Rising Star/Marvellous are quickly becoming one of my favoured Wii supporters.

EDIT - Just played a little more and it turns out that I wasn't actually at the second proper boss battle , but I have just done that now. After doing that , ignore the slight negativity posted above , as I can now say that HoT's post above echoes exactly how I feel about this absolutely awesome game.

Any doubters - you really do need this game in your life.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

Yeah, the bosses threw me off a little aswell. I thought to myself that the game would be really short as there are only 7 bosses but it wasn't til I fought the Onii King that I realised the ones I had killed were just mini bosses.

The archers are so cute with their little cat hats :D

Is it true that this game does not support 60hz and 480p?

If yes,no buy for me.

Mad world was the last game I bought without 480p and the difference was huge...

I REALLy want this game, but I'm a changed man, so I need to complete a few other games first....something to look forward to, and it'll probably be a bargain by the time I pick it up!

Man, this game is huuuuuuuuuuuge! I have spent a good hour just dotting around my kingdom getting cash together and doing various sidequests and just when I thought things couldn't get any better another sidequest opens up which allows me to find 100 pictures that are scattered around the land! I love me some collectables. :)

While I was on my search around the kingdom I have come across a couple of giant purses, methinks a new unit will have to investigate as my current ones just look puzzled when I tell them to pick it up :D

I've just realized, how come we didn't have a coutdown for this on the mainsite? Or even a LKS banner? The game scored 9/10 and 90%+ in various magazines and websites, surely we could have helped the game out by pushing it ourselves? :(

Is it true that this game does not support 60hz and 480p?

If yes,no buy for me.

Mad world was the last game I bought without 480p and the difference was huge...

It's 576i 50hz from what I've heard, it's a shame we are getting a gimped version again but it is WIDESCREEN though. It sounds like a great game otherwise but I can't play it as I hae a VGA Cable :angry: