NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Phube

An extra/spare Sensor bar?

Any one know how to get/purchase an extra, 'official' sensor bar. Mine is nicely stuck on my TV but when I take my Wii any where I have to keep ripping it off the top of my TV. Then putting it back is annoying (in the right place, sticky pad not sticky anymore etc.).

So I want two... greedy I know but where can I get one!??

Email/Phone NoE and ask for one. They should give you details/price on getting a spare/replacement one.

Email/Phone NoE and ask for one. They should give you details/price on getting a spare/replacement one.

I'll try that. Cheers!

I'll try that. Cheers!
Let us know how you get on. :smile:

I’m thinking about getting a second sensor bar at some point, and maybe an AC adapter too.

Might just pick up one of these though:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=NW0125&title=gameplay_-_wii_replacement_sensor_bar_

Not official, but seeing as it's just a bunch of LED's I don't reckon all that much could go wrong with it really. :hmm:

I would love a sensor bar with a stronger signal. The signal on mine barely reaches my sofa and even then its not smooth enough.

Let us know how you get on. :smile:

I’m thinking about getting a second sensor bar at some point, and maybe an AC adapter too.

Might just pick up one of these though:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=NW0125&title=gameplay_-_wii_replacement_sensor_bar_

Not official, but seeing as it's just a bunch of LED's I don't reckon all that much could go wrong with it really. :hmm:

Will do, will have to wait for Tuesday now though.

Why's it soo bendy!??

Will do, will have to wait for Tuesday now though.
Did you have any luck with an official replacement?

Why's it soo bendy!??
Not sure, I'm guessing it's to try and cover a wider area?

It has mysteriously disappeared from the site now though. :hmm:

Did anyone buy one while they were on sale?

I would love a sensor bar with a stronger signal. The signal on mine barely reaches my sofa and even then its not smooth enough.

I think you'll find that the sensor bar doesn't give out any signals. All it does is shine a couple of lights for the controller to pick up. In which case, it's the controller where the problem is.

Of course I could just be talking b***sh*t in which case I'm sure someone will point it out!

I think you'll find that the sensor bar doesn't give out any signals. All it does is shine a couple of infrared lights for the controller to pick up. In which case, it's the controller where the problem is.

Stronger IR LEDs will solve the problem.

I'm considering getting a wireless bar but havemt read any revioews or opinions. Anyone got one on here?

Did you have any luck with an official replacement?

Bugger, I always keep forgetting!! Being at work an all!!

I might try e-mail!

I haven't tested it jet. It's slightly uglier than the normal tough.

I don't know the UK price 'cause I live in Norway (the most expensive country in the world). But I guess it cost about 1/4 of a Normal Wii game.

If you've got a table or some other platform in between your television and sofa, could you place the sensor bar on that? I remember IGN saying they tried it and it still worked fine.

The sensor bar only provides a solid reference point and doesn't need to be directly below (or above) the screen. In fact, the sensor bar on my second Wii console is near the left side of the screen (it kept getting moved around when people picked up and put down the television and DVD remotes, so I moved it to one side out of the way!) and still works fine. :)

If you've got a table or some other platform in between your television and sofa, could you place the sensor bar on that? I remember IGN saying they tried it and it still worked fine.

The sensor bar only provides a solid reference point and doesn't need to be directly below (or above) the screen. In fact, the sensor bar on my second Wii console is near the left side of the screen (it kept getting moved around when people picked up and put down the television and DVD remotes, so I moved it to one side out of the way!) and still works fine. :)

Nah I don't.

Its the only thing that stops me playing more often in my living room.

Dunno where to get stronger IR LEDS or whatever.

I didn't know Gameplay sold GAMEware products.
Yeah since GAME took over, I think they just rebrand the stuff beforehand.

I'm considering getting a wireless bar but havemt read any revioews or opinions. Anyone got one on here?

I have got a wireless one, the '4gamers' bar the reason i have it is because i like to move my wii between my bedroom and living room and want to move the least amount of wires possible, (so i have seperate component cables as well)

I would say that it is awful, it takes six... YES SIX batteries and it has so far failed to manage more than about 7 hours use from all the batteries!!!

Also it is annoying that you have got to get up and turn the bar off whereas it normally automatically is turned off as part of the console!

How annoying!

Anyway, i am hoping to upgrade to a second wired sensor bar for the living room as well.

Sorry that i couldn't post a more positive response!

Sign in to follow this