N-Europe

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Falcon_BlizZACK

Online is really important for me. It always best playing against other people rather than doing tournaments against the computer. My mouth waters at the prospect of an N-E tournament..

As for the game itself, I'm not sure how I feel about including classic control. If they did, some people may not want to even bother trying to get to grips with the new style yet if it isn't included it may be hard to get your friends over to have a game and be able to compete.

I'm excited at the prospect of a new way to play and I hope the same effort would go into a DS version aswell (some of you will note I outlined a control scheme for that a few months ago). Let's hope it's great!

EDIT: In fact, maybe in the future a link-up feature with the DS would be cool! For instance, if someone was playing PES on the TV screen, someone else could be hooked up with the DS with a full pitch to look at. They would be able to help you out by drawing lines on the touch screen to move the players (which would see the players on the Wii version move into space etc..)

For instance, If your friend is beside you on the DS while you've running down the wing, you could get him to direct the attackers on the DS into different positions to pull the defenders with them and create more space in the box where the DS player directs someone up from the midfield into the space for the Wii player to cross the ball into and to slam the header into the net.

Then on the defensive side the DS player can direct players to close down the attackers and would be aware of all the space available to the opposition considering they have a full view of the pitch..

Maybe it's not a GREAT idea.. but it would be an interesting cooperative mode where it gives the DS player the control over all the players in the team. With some work, it could be cool :heh:

*Diagrams may follow for a laugh :heh:*

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. Wi-fi and a possible classic controller style = instant buy for me

Not being rude, but why would you want to play PES with the classic controller? You'd be much better off getting the PS2 version in if you want to play with a regular pad. It's pad is much more suited to PES than the chunky classic one.

Myself, I'm up for a new approach to how footie games are controlled, so I'm looking forward to the implementation of the Wii remote. It's the reason I bought a Wii in the first place - the promise of a new way of controlling games. I think I mentioned earlier how laborious it can be on FIFA using a button to cycle clumsily through players nearest the ball. At the very least the PES video shows they have removed that outdated problem.

EDIT: Just to let you know that Play.com have this down for the 28th of March. I dunno how accurate that will turn out to be, but I suspect it won't be too far off. I'll be a bit disappointed really if it's true, but hopefully the quality of the title will make up for it.

Not being rude, but why would you want to play PES with the classic controller? You'd be much better off getting the PS2 version in if you want to play with a regular pad. It's pad is much more suited to PES than the chunky classic one.

Myself, I'm up for a new approach to how footie games are controlled, so I'm looking forward to the implementation of the Wii remote. It's the reason I bought a Wii in the first place - the promise of a new way of controlling games. I think I mentioned earlier how laborious it can be on FIFA using a button to cycle clumsily through players nearest the ball. At the very least the PES video shows they have removed that outdated problem.

EDIT: Just to let you know that Play.com have this down for the 28th of March. I dunno how accurate that will turn out to be, but I suspect it won't be too far off. I'll be a bit disappointed really if it's true, but hopefully the quality of the title will make up for it.

That release date kinda makes sense. 5 weeks after Japanese release date is not too bad.

Who said i even had a PS2? :S And it would be a big shame if it turns out to be crap just because of the controls so i just want a back up. Not that im going to get it (N)

Who said i even had a PS2? :S And it would be a big shame if it turns out to be crap just because of the controls so i just want a back up. Not that im going to get it (N)

No, I know you never said anything about having a PS2. I was just trying to make a point about the suitability of your preferred pad option on Wii. I think if I preferred to use a regular pad rather than try the new setup, then I would just buy a PS2 again and play PES on that.

You see what I'm trying to say, yeah? I wasn't being funny or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

confirmed by ign that you will be able to go online and play matches against random people or friend codes. Also transfer your team across to your friends. comin out in march in the us?

surely europe must be soon as we are a much more football loving continent

confirmed by ign that you will be able to go online and play matches against random people or friend codes. Also transfer your team across to your friends. comin out in march in the us?

surely europe must be soon as we are a much more football loving continent

Have a look at the N-Europe Home Page.. all the information you need is there :heh:

• Out Late March
  • Online (v Friends or Random)
  • 6 Game Modes (Match, League, Cup, Training, Trades and 'Champions Road')
  • Mii Support (Make a 'Mii Team' of up to 16 players.. pretty cool, I thought :heh:)

on ign it says champions road is buildin up your team and winnin different leagues in the world and strenghtin your squad by gettin players from the teams u beat

sounds a bit like the pes ds version where u got a machine and put in coins and got a random player from teams u hav beaten

Thanks for the link, laddo..

It looks good, I just pray that the game actually is and that the context sensitive things don't somehow spoil it..

I know the gameplay has taken a knew direction, and I'm glad.. but I don't want anything else to have been simplified..

Will there be enough people on here who buy it so we can have a big tournament? :heh:

This context sensitive shooting could be a bit weird. But then they go on to say that it works well and shooting from range is worth more of a try than in other versions, so waggling the 'chuk can't be that bad.

They sound really impressed with the controls though, which is all I'm worried about.

In fact, skilled runs past legions of defenders look to be a thing of the past, as now it's pass or be skinned...

As for the front end, it's PES but through a Nintendo filter...

...Champions Road, a trimmed down version of the single-player campaign...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And did anyone else notice that players now only have 7 (!!!) traits?

I'm appalled. After Seabass saying they wouldn't dare simplify things, I'm on the verge of shooting myself in the head for their abuse of my trust.