N-Europe

Do you accept Nintendos laziness?

Falcon_BlizZACK

I ask this because it seems people or rather fans except that there are certain things Nintendo just won't do - Like a grande scale Wii RPG Pokemon game (see topic).

TP felt all too familiar to me and the new Pokemon games are too, this makes me begin to wonder if Nintendo only want to stick with what rakes in the money - a true and tried formulae.

Do we just except these short-comings as a conservative Nintendo standard and get the games anyway?

*Apologies for the misspelling in the title... Thats 'accept'.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TP was great. I did not expect anything more.

I don't think Nintendo is lazy. A Wii Pokemon RPG won't work and they have given us several original games, like Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion. I'm sure we will get more this gen.

under development for twenty fucking years :)

lol, I knew someone would say that :D

I don't care, if it turns out to be one of the greatest games ever (which by the reaction of all the previews seems a dead cert), the time it took to develop means nothing to me.

(also you do know that mario 128 is not super mario galaxy? 128's been in development since 2001 and been used in all sorts of other games, I have no idea about galaxy)

Laziness? I can't really complain. Metroid, SSBB, Mario Kart AND Mario Galaxy all within the first 18 months is incredible, and with games like Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem and Super Paper Mario filling the gaps I can't complain.

Hell, combine that with the huge risk factor they took with their console, 100% focus on gaming and the pure nostalgia the games give me, I have to say Nintendo are still very close to my heart.

Yeah, I disagree with some things Nintendo do, but hell alot of these things have won me over sooner or later. Nintendo just make games I like, in a way Sony and Microsoft don't. I seriously don't know how it happens, but it does for me, yay.

I ask this because it seems people or rather fans except that there are certain things Nintendo just won't do - Like a grande scale Wii RPG Pokemon game (see topic).

TP felt all too familiar to me and the new Pokemon games are too, this makes me begin to wonder if Nintendo only want to stick with what rakes in the money - a true and tried formulae.

Do we just except these short-comings as a conservative Nintendo standard and get the games anyway?

*Apologies for the misspelling in the title... Thats 'accept'.

As others will no doubt soon say. NINTENDO DON'T MAKE POKÉMON.

i call a shitty online service and lack of games lazy so i just didn't buy the wii :)

Both things which Nintendo couldn't really do alot to fix. Fair enough, they could of made a few of their games online (MSFC, SSBB, BWii) but really Nintendo were in a very bad position.

Fair play though, they're turning both your criticisms around very quickly, I see you buying a Wii in 2008 ;).

If at next year's E3, they focus primarly on the casual gaming market, then Nintendo will be lazy.

They were somewhat lazy with Twilight Princess methinks. After the years in production and the delays we suffered, it turned out to be a kind of tribute, to Ocarina of Time. Still a great game tho!

I always used to take Nintendo's delays and such, but lately I've found my self importing alot, its a shame you cant do this for the Wii, I may of still had it if it were region free.

Nintendo europe are incredibly lazy, It seems all they do is wait for the game to be released in one territory then begin translating outs into seperate languages.

I remember seeing how lazy the Mario kart translation was, surely they would of put information on the cart about problems that would help UK gamers, instead I got a US phone number. I dont want a fucking US number!

TP was great. I did not expect anything more.

I don't think Nintendo is lazy. A Wii Pokemon RPG won't work and they have given us several original games, like Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion. I'm sure we will get more this gen.

LOL

Several original games yet you only remark on two series? Luigi should have had another game for the GC...Okay, cheers for Pikmin 2 but even that featured full levels of its prequel, just in different seasons/angles...Thats kind of 'lazy', but I am thankful for it.

...I guess I just want to see a lot more from Nintendo. The 1st 8 months of the GC's lifespan had more action, with games like; Pikmin, ssb;melee and some alright launch games.

I just won't be buying games like Wii Play/Cooking Mama, so I wish these types of games don't soak up the time and effort could have used to make games for other genres. That goes for the VC as well.

There is always Brain Training -_-

You are right about the Wii so far, there isn't that many great games from Nintendo, and at least not original hardcore games, though MSCF is a good try. I didn't buy GC before two years after it was released so I can't compare.

There are a lot more than those two. But unless I give you a list of hundred titles, I guess you won't be satisfied? And is that hard to think of some yourself?

Honestly, I can't think of anymore ORIGINAL Nintendo games other than those two series. Seriously. But surely if you have 100s I'd like to know a few so I can disgress.

I personally rank developers by the number of quality games they produce. I'm taking quality like Half-life, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires, Far Cry Supreme Commander etc type quality. Lets take some examples, Valve produce one exceptional game every 3-4 years, Blizzard Produce 1 maybe two quality titles a year. Ensemble Studios, one every year. Westwood (formally), one every two years, same with the old Team 17. EA maybe one or two brilliant titles a year. Three if you lucky, and they have studios all over the world. Ubisoft might get one or two AAA titles.

Nintendo get fairly regularly at least 4 brilliant games a year. That's not forgetting they also brought out the DS and the wii hardware, which aren't exactly unpopular. I'm sorry if you're not getting the games you want this minute, I'm sure if you phoned up nintendo and asked them to pump out quick movie tie-ins and budget bug filled games they might just to satisfy you impatience. Personally waiting makes a good game that little bit sweeter, and calling a studio lazy for producing more good games than other developers seems a little harsh.

I'm pretty sure you'd do a much better job if you weren't to lazy to make your own games.