NEurope
Retro_Link

Samba De Amigo

It was confirmed yesterday night, what did you expect?

It's hard a good two months of rumours and build up to which very little discussion is made.

Hell, we've just found out it definitely exsists and it's struggle to reach second page.

So thats Samba, NiGHTS, Sega Rally.

Cue Shenmue?

Shenmue will happen, i know it.

Not for Wii though.

It's hard a good two months of rumours and build up to which very little discussion is made.

Hell, we've just found out it definitely exsists and it's struggle to reach second page.

Yeah but everyone knows what to expect from the game really!

Until we get some info on the Wii version, there's not all that much to guess at and talk about!

According to 1up, this is being developed by Gearbox. Gearbox of Brothers in Arms fame.

Just imagine what that game is going to be like:

"Lieutenant, we're surrounded and pinned down by heavy artillery. What should do?"

"There's only one thing to do, Corporal: SAMBA! "

Can someone explain why I should be interested or excited about this game?
Have you watched the video I posted of it in the first post?

It just looks really fun! Great music! and you can tell it should work so well on Wii!

At last. An official press release

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (October 25 2007) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. are excited to announce that they are bringing back Samba De Amigo™, the Dreamcast classic that helped to create the now-popular rhythm music genre. Created exclusively for the Wii home video game system, this vibrant and addictive new game lets players shake to the beats of a samba-infused soundtrack comprised of popular new songs as well as fan-favorites from the original game.

Playing as the grinning, sombrero-topped monkey, Amigo, players shake the Wii Remote and Nunchuk like maracas, in time with the visual beats of the music on-screen. The perfect party game, Samba De Amigo is packed with lively stages and a host of colorful characters. More details about this exciting new title including a full song listing as well as new special features will be revealed over the next few months.

"The Wii’s controllers enable players to enjoy Samba De Amigo’s unique gameplay without having to purchase an expensive peripheral," said Rick Naylor, Director of Marketing at SEGA. "Between the music, the quirky art style, and the maraca-shaking players, Samba De Amigo is as much fun to watch as it is to play."

Developed by acclaimed developer, Gearbox Software, Samba De Amigo will be exclusively available for the Wii in spring 2008.

Can someone explain why I should be interested or excited about this game?

Why should anyone make the effort? If Samba de Amigo doesn't sell itself to you then no amount of persuasion is going to pierce your black stone heart.

The DC version is classic and I stilll play mine today. I will buy the Wii version also. :)

Samba De Amgio is the first wii Pay to Play game.

230159b.jpg

Download songs for the game.

Now why couldn't Rock Band have DLC again?

230159b.jpg

Cool! Love the box-art and that makes sense that you pay to buy more songs! : peace:

But this game will come out sooner than Rock Band.....!?!?!? Rock Band dev or publishers are being cheap and lazy, there is NO other reason!

Has this got a release date yet or is it still just down for summer? I cant wait to get my hands on it as I never picked it up on the Dreamcast.

The pay for play service wasnt ready yet?

Bull, Harmonix were just lazy, the game isn't even out yet!

The pay for play service wasnt ready yet?
It was announced back in February; before Rock band Wii was announced, and took off like... a week later in Japan, with Wiiware; there's no way that EA wasn't aware of it beforehand, and they haven't even released the game yet.

i'd be interested to see if the wii mote can really detect changes in height while being shaken vigourously.... (and wheres the tacky plastic addon shaker?)

Yeah Sega have talked about possible Marracca shells for the controllers, but they aren't in that ad.

Thant advert is simply appalling, makes me cringe just watching it.

Wasnt there already a Samba topic?

Thant advert is simply appalling, makes me cringe just watching it.

Wasnt there already a Samba topic?

Dude... It's got a monkey and a fat guy juggling marracas. What more can you wish for? :D