NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

The University Thread 2007

Ive found out that it costs an extra £260 a year if I were to do Japanese on the side of the main degree.

I was wondering if anyone else did anything like that and how they're coping money wise.

I've still got a year left so I was just wondering, I want a job to get money of course to maybe save up for this, but I was wondering if it's managable money wise.

i am so far LOVING my course

only had one lecture and it was a tour of the tv studio :D

computers are really close to where i live(like a 2 min walk!)

only downside is im missing greg :( but hes visiting on wednesday and staying over which is cool! :D

yay uni

Sooj: Get your ass into the Barony Bar. Seriously, there are hundreds of hot girls just waiting. Been there 3 nights in a row and been with a different girl each time. :heh:

Today was 12 hour Tuesday too which meant that all drinks were 99p!

Well, I had a look at my lecture timetable... I have lectures from 9 to 11 every day apart from Sunday, and then practicals in the afternoons. However, I do have the time to go to the odd intermediate Japanese lecture.

Ah well, I'd better start packing for going up on Saturday...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Got a 'welcome back! now prepare to hate yourself for the next 9 months!' lecture tomorrow at 10am. According to my recent sleeping habits, that gives me about three hours of sleep :(

Haven't started yet, last day of Fresher's Week. Term starts next week. Yay, I get Monday's off but Tuesdays is a right killer.

Going to New Zealand for 6 months to study =O

Was hoping to get an exchange place in Canada but holy god!! New freaking Zealand!

My lecutres are well placed. Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon (Monday night is student night so gives ample time to get ready, and recover from the next day) and then Thursday all day.

So I got through my first week at uni. As some of you know I have some health problems, so I took a break last year, since 2 years ago I couldn't cope with school and health. Which makes this the 3rd time in the 1st year.

Luckily I already did some stuff on the first year, so now I have a nice timetable. I managed to make monday free of classes, which means 3-day weekend. Waking up at 7 everyday and then commuting to school is tiring though.

I've managed to study a little instead of letting things pile up, but a friend I have entered my school this year so he's always with me. He's a great guy and a great friend, he always wants to help me overcome my problems and encourage me not to skip class, but he's kind of boring. And being with a boring guy 24/7 that always thinks he knows what's better for you and also spends every single second after school at my place is already annoying me. I can't get a minute for myself, whether it's for resting, playing or studying and I'm getting quite annoyed.

But this year I gotta make it, my uni is very very hard, but I'll do my best.

Term starts monday.

No classes Monday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, or on Friday.

I approve. Thinking about doing my second year in Spain...

Well, I've finally arrived here and sorted out my room and worked out how to connect to the internet... it's been fun so far.

Well, I've finally arrived here and sorted out my room and worked out how to connect to the internet... it's been fun so far.

Uni is seriously awesome so far.

Met so many cool people. And, almost every girl is absolutely stunning even without goggles on! There are so many hot girls in my class it's unbelieveable.

Which uni are you at?

Uni is seriously awesome so far.

Met so many cool people. And, almost every girl is absolutely stunning even without goggles on! There are so many hot girls in my class it's unbelieveable.

Which uni are you at?

I'm at Cambridge... got to matriculate in about half an hour.

How about you?

Yay, I'm going back to uni tomorrow...at last! I've just had a look at my timetable and it looks a bit... sparse. Sadly, the very few classes I actually have appear to be at 9am :(

Had my first day of uni today and was quite dissapointed in the lessons we had.... Bleh, hopefully it will improve.

My lectures so far have all been boring. Except when we watched Toy Story. I liked that.

I have problems with my timetable. My lab sessions with Maths and Psychology clash with each other on Monday and due to my timetables being all over the place, if I move praticals then I will miss lectures. I might have to fail one (maths) to do Psychology.

I'm sure all the maths ones are full for Monday and Friday, have lab sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, Computing Tutorials on a Friday which leaves Wednesday buti'm sure none run on that day.

Psychology lab is every 2 weeks so I can go to that and go to Maths every 2 weeks aswell but these a risk i'll just get an 'X' and fail it. Which I really don't mind :heh:

Hate maths and because of it screwed my timetable.

I have problems with my timetable. My lab sessions with Maths and Psychology clash with each other on Monday and due to my timetables being all over the place, if I move praticals then I will miss lectures. I might have to fail one (maths) to do Psychology.

Is your psychology lecturer called Mrs. Gordon by any chance?

I had my first 'lecture' this morning. The first thing the guy said was "I know what you're all thinking: 'I can't believe there are so many people in the same room that you want to shag'".

What a ledge he is. I'd said virtually the same thing to my friend seconds before.

It's a male that gives our lectures. They change with every topic we do so i'll keep my eye open and see if I hear her name.

And that lecturer of your sounds pretty good so far, better than the jokes my Computing Science teacher tries :heh:

It's a male that gives our lectures. They change with every topic we do so i'll keep my eye open and see if I hear her name.

And that lecturer of your sounds pretty good so far, better than the jokes my Computing Science teacher tries :heh:

He's awesome. He was just making jokes all the way through. Swears just a little bit to much though.

Well mine has a mustache and makes little jokes about mixing things up like achrinims or however you spell it and how people barely know what happens 'behind' a PC.

And his name is Leslie.

Sooj: Get your ass into the Barony Bar. Seriously, there are hundreds of hot girls just waiting. Been there 3 nights in a row and been with a different girl each time. :heh:

Today was 12 hour Tuesday too which meant that all drinks were 99p!

Ahh thats shit, can't believe I missed out on that, honestly, I was really looking forward to it but because of work (its basically freelance but they needed me lol),lack of cash (garage to blame) and Strathclyde screwing up my application I wasn't able to go but no worries its been sorted out now, no idea what happened, so I'm going in to meet with Tony Anderson (know of him?) tomorrow at 1 to pick my other modules so its cool. Can't wait to start strath, should be good.

Moria what you studying again?

Sign in to follow this