• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Just finished watching Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, overall it was pretty good. I always liked the original story and this new version of Supergirl though so I was expecting to. There were a few changes from the original story but nothing too major. One nice change however was seeing Supergirl take on Darkseid and do pretty well, showing as well that she had a different fighting style to Superman.

Only real complaint would be some choices in the art style, mainly the annoying cheekbone lines that were used in Superman: Doomsday are back and also I just dont think Darkseid looked right.

Just finished watching Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, overall it was pretty good. I always liked the original story and this new version of Supergirl though so I was expecting to. There were a few changes from the original story but nothing too major. One nice change however was seeing Supergirl take on Darkseid and do pretty well, showing as well that she had a different fighting style to Superman.

Only real complaint would be some choices in the art style, mainly the annoying cheekbone lines that were used in Superman: Doomsday are back and also I just dont think Darkseid looked right.

Ooh, I'm gonna watch that now I think.

I didn't like Public Enemies very much (again never read the original, but I have no desire too, and Ed McGuiness' style did not translate nicely to animation IMO) but enjoyed Doomsday enough, and I'll give this and Under The Red Hood (got good reviews ) a go.

I almost finished Apocalypse when my coputer fell apart/stopped. I really liked it.

It annoyed me though - Wonder Woman was more integral to the story than Batman (other than a few points, he had no reason to be there), yet wasn't billed in the title. (Yeah I know this was based on the comic, but here it felt like they may as well have credited her properly)

Barda was glorious. Thought her intro scene was funny, and generally the battle choreography with her and the Furies.

I missed the last 3 minutes or whatever. Will finish it tomorrow.

Black Panther - "The Man Without Fear"

WhoWillBeTheNewManWithoutFear_03.jpg

As announced Tuesday evening on G4's Attack of the Show, Black Panther will take Daredevil's place as both the guardian of Hell's Kitchen and the "Man Without Fear" starting in December.

As of issue #513, the ongoing Daredevil series — previously reported to be ending with #512 in November — will become Black Panther: The Man Without Fear. The change is a result of the currently unfolding Shadowland story arc, and corresponds with the "Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear?" teaser images released last month by Marvel Comics, where Black Panther was presented as one of five possible candidates for the title. Shadowland ends in November.

G4's Blair Butler reported the creative team as novelist David Liss and artist Francesco Francavilla. Liss made his comic book debut last year with Marvel's Daring Mystery Comics 70th Anniversary Special, and Francavilla drew all five of the "Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear?" images. Francavilla was announced by DC Comics last month as the artist of the Commissioner Gordon co-feature in Detective Comics starting with November's issue #871.

In the report, Butler said the new direction for the series "finds the Black Panther living outside of his kingdom and rebuilding his life without any of his trademark tech."

In recent months, Daredevil has alienated his superhero allies with his new role as the leader of ninja assassin clan The Hand, and constructed an underground prison called "Shadowland." What today's Black Panther news means for the status of Matt Murdock at the end of the Shadowland story remains to be seen.

Late last month at Fan Expo in Toronto, Marvel announced Daredevil Reborn, by Shadowland and current Daredevil writer Andy Diggle and art from Davide Gianfelice. The series starts in January 2011, and last week the publisher unveiled two covers.

2 New Marvel Movies In The Works, But What Are They?

According to Stan Lee, there are 2 new Marvel scripts heading into production. Let the speculation commence!...

I don't normally write articles based solely around a comment on Twitter but for this one I thought I'd make an exception.

Stan Lee(if you don't know who he is, I don't know what to tell ya) is a fairly regular tweeter but its usually various bits n pieces about his movie cameos and him being a Generalisimo and what not. But just a moment ago he let fly a genuinely interesting bit of news..

Big day! Two new superhero movie scripts in the works. I wish movies could be done as fast as comics. With luck, you'll see 'em in 1012!

Lets assume he means 2012! But what could they be? Well, I asked him but something tells me I won't get an answer! Assuming that he isn't talking about any movies we already know about such as Iron Man 3 which although not officially confirmed, is certainly expected to happen at some point. But I doubt it will be in 2012, the same year The Avengers is due. That leaves some projects that many of us expect but that there has been little information on up until now. We know that Marvel are making strides to adapt some of the lesser known characters with smaller budgets and we have heard whisperings from Lee himself about a Dr Strange movie so my guess is that's one of them. The other? Iron Fist? Power Man? Black Panther? Dazzler! All have been rumored. What do you folks think?

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Daredevil is actually really interesting, like a more genuinely engaging Batman, with a "Marvel" feel.

Never given Black Panther the time of day so can't say much. Never read anything that makes him appeal to me, and his marriage to Storm has stifled her as a character.

Never given Black Panther the time of day so can't say much. Never read anything that makes him appeal to me, and his marriage to Storm has stifled her as a character.

The issue where they got married was painful to read, they tried so hard to make it look like the biggest thing ever but it just falls flat.

Other than that, always been a bit interested in reading Black Panther.

from what I have been told the Priest run is pretty awesome but the character went down the drain when Hudlin took over.

From what I am told.

51VtFIk4uIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bought this at Deadhead Comics today for £8 - I actually went to get Astonishing X-Men Xenogenesis 3, but either it's not out yet or they didn't have it. They have a good amount of "hard to find" tpbs/out of stock online tpbs. And my new thing is to get as much X-Men stuff I missed out on since I stopped reading after Morrison as I can.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!