• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Looks pretty cool anyway. Might go to the CBR forum in a bit and see some fanboys have a seizure over him not being a ft body builder that couldn't possibly exist in the real world.

Iron Man is sick this month.

The New Iron Man is a nano-suit. It comes out of his body somehow and forms a kind of metal muscle layer under the 'liquid' forming armour. It's totally fucking awesome.

Stark's new Repulsor has firmware replacing his lower brain functions so he has total control over his post-extremis body. It powers the new 'internal' suit somehow. I think he's more intelligent than before, too.

Stark Resilient is the new company he's set up. No more weapons development at all- he's forming a repulsor based free energy system to replace fossil fuel. Worldwide. All based on his new chest repulsor.

It's a VERY exciting new set up. Can't wait to see it kick off.

Nice to finally read another proper Invincible issue again, feels like its been ages!

#71 was mostly covering all the team leaving Earth for the war but there were some nice moments in the issue and #72 looks like it should be awesome.

YEEEEAAAH!

Man it's good to have The Vince back on track. Sometimes I forget how awesome this book is. The ending was ace. Saw it coming straight away obviously but that was part of the charm.

Predicto: Robot and Monster Girl come home in Guardians of The Globe #1 as adults in their mid twenties or something. Flaxxan time moves super fast in relative terms and the GOTG teasers had Robot suited up and Monster Girl hulked out- behind that I think we'll see a new adult look.

Yeah if I remember right Robot created a belt which took a DNA sample just before she changes so her body has a template when it turns back so she stays the same.

Sarah Wayne Callies Cast in The Walking Dead

Sarah Wayne Callies has scored the female lead in AMC's new drama The Walking Dead, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The 32-year-old actress will play the wife of Rick (Andrew Lincoln), a police officer who leads a group of survivors after a zombie apocalypse. Three-time Oscar nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) serves as the project's writer, director and executive producer.

Watch videos of Sarah Wayne Callies

Callies most recently guest-starred on House following her four-year stint on Prison Break.

The Walking Dead begins production in June and will premiere this October.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sarah-Callies-Walking-1017989.aspx?rss=breakingnews

I liked her in Prison Break so I think she should be pretty good

So I read Invincible 71 and it was all "so I hope you read Invincible Returns #1 before reading this". Well no I didn't, because you didn't put this message at the beginning of the comic, you cock. Not everybody who reads comics follows everything about comics.

Also, I've finally decided that while Invincible is still very good, it's a million miles from what it was when it began.

A) He put it in the letters column.

B) Genuinely the only remotely important things were;

He went to different costume.

and

In one panel Allen and Nolan say "Are you ready, we gotta go soon".

And I don't think you could be more wrong personally. Its absolutely amazing since issue 50. The pre 30 issues aren't in the same league.

---------

Ultimate Avengers 2.

The bit with the Punisher made me so giddy as a school girl. I was of course practically clapping.

A) I stopped reading the letters column when he started putting ridiculous spoilers in it.

B) Tbh it's been so long since #70 I thought I'd just forgotten Nolan's return :heh:

I still think it's very good, the place you split it at shows that we just have different tastes. Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to very much be drawn into (not solely, mind you) any story that has a mindboggling scale, where everything changes at a rapid pace and all out war can break out and reshape the planet in the blink of an eye.

Well, I like that too, but I also liked the smaller stories that Invincible told when it began, and the buildup of character that went along with that. I also still can't get my head around Nolan's betrayal-betrayal. The Invincible vs Omni Man moment was the pinnacle of the comic for me when it appeared, it became what it was all about, and then it was as though Kirkman just had a change of heart.

Like I said, I still think it's really great, but... hm... maybe I would've preferred if it had taken a little longer to get this far.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!