NEurope

this definitely did not make me want to start reading FF which really was the whole point of this story and all the advertising it got.

But you just said yourself that you hadn't read the rest of the arc. You can't really call something cack if you've only read the finale.

I havn't read the last few issues, but I've read the stuff thats built upto it (all self contained issues with a general over arching KIND OF story) all bringing new and (kind of retro) stuff into it, its been really unique and awesome. So I think its unfair to just dismiss it like that.

I really liked it. I'm uploading a video review now, so I'll post that when its up.

Also something goes through the person that dies torso/chest, so it is basically a confirmed death. Its not like they're gonna leave him alone like that. :p

I can call the way it was written and drawn cack though, which I think it was. Plus nothing goes through their chest, something wraps around them but thats it apart from the swarming.

Reading other peoples comments theyve complained about the lack of any marks or obvious reasons that Johnny would be dead so I dont think im wrong about him not being impaled. Plus people have mentioned how a bit hard it is to swallow when a character who can burn as hot as the sun goes down so easily.

Well if it isn't impaling the person then its really bad colouring.

FFJohnny1.jpg

And just to clarify, I am under no illusion to the truth that the person will eventually come back.

You've cut out too much of the image though, when you see more of it you can see:

The orange thing go round his back/neck then thats whats coming out from around his side.

But I do think the art/colouring is adding to the confusion on whats happened.

I'll ignore the fact that we disagree on the quality of the issue for a minute to comment on the video as I do usually enjoy your comic tewb ones.

The main thing I wanted to say was that I think you should really give yourself more time to let an issue sink in before doing a review (something which I assume you do with all the other ones). You mention it being a stand alone issue which its not, saying its got very good art but if our previous convo turns out to be true then that wouldnt really be right. Also to be honest it was more of a synopsis that review with just a few token opinions at the end that anyone would usually spout out. I think this is another thing that would have been better if you'd just given it more time to digest.

Again this post isnt me saying I want you to realise how bad it was because obviously thats just my opinion and we disagree on stuff all the time. I just think you rushed into doing that review way too quickly.

Oh no yeah totally. The sole reason I did this review was for views in all honesty. Try and build the Comic Tewb name, its a solid chance to do so with this issue, with it releasing today/tomorrow in some places, and the time difference.

I totally agree with you though, definitely not my usual style or what I'd have usually done. Also I was rushed as I had to do it in the break of Gok Wan lol. :p

(I'll do a proper episode this weekend probably, lot of good stuff out) and for Invincible next week obviously.

(I'll do a proper episode this weekend probably, lot of good stuff out) and for Invincible next week obviously.

Until Invincible's release drops back to 2013 of course.

Oh yeah a little (but probably familiar) update, I am once again considering getting single issues again. If I do this time though it'll probably be a bit more selective. There will be certain titles that I will just wait for them in trade, unlike last time where I just collected everything in singles.

Nice.

I got Y The Last Man volume 1 today.

Upto The Boys volume....5 now (I think) 4 or 5. "Herogasm"

So much lol.

Theres loads of fucking awesome shit in my pile actually, I need to get cracking reading them now. Might even go downstairs and read them when Claire goes to bed.

Having a job saps the time so FUCKIGN much.

You should just sit in bed with her, reading them out loud. Of course add the occassional scream or over the top laughter to add effect.

Don't worry, I do it too.

......except when I turn in bed to tell them how awesome the bit I last read was, I realise I am alone and sink into a deep depression that last a couple of minutes....then I get back to my comic :p

Edited by Happenstance

Hi guys, I need a new, long series to get into, just finally caught up with Ultimate Spidey after buying the first 3 tpbs yeaars ago and never any further. I want like that or better. Obv I've read most of invincible.

edit: i have the boys tpb 1 next to me right now but not got into it yet.

Edited by Shorty

One I would suggest but its harder to find the earlier trades is Geoff Johns Teen Titans run, I got hooked on that a while ago and its really good. Starts with this trade:

51KE3G8S6TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also there is JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man, apart from the end and a bit of a dodgy arc in the middle that was good. That starts with the "Coming Home" arc but can also be bought now in 5 Ultimate Edition trades.:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazing-Spider-Man-Coming-Home-TPB/dp/0785108068/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296023405&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazing-Spider-Man-Ultimate-Collection-Book/dp/0785138935/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296023423&sr=1-1

- The Boys

- Scalped

- The Sword (long ish) (well medium)

- The Astounding Wolf-man (again medium, but complete)

- New Avengers

- Green Lantern (since Rebirth/Sinestro Corps War)

Although nothing Ultimate rivals Spidey in terms of consistant quality (apart from the very short Ultimates 1 and 2), I recommend Ultimate X-Men.

It drops off in the latter third of the series (when Robert Kirkman, in a strange exhibition of completely dull writing, takes over), so you deal with it, but before that, it's excellent. Possibly more awesome than Ultimate Spider-Man, but just less consistantly good.

I'm in an Ultimate X-Men mood though.

- The Boys

- Scalped

- The Sword (long ish) (well medium)

- The Astounding Wolf-man (again medium, but complete)

- New Avengers

- Green Lantern (since Rebirth/Sinestro Corps War)

I'd add Y: The Last Man to that list. And if you've not read The Walking Dead, do.

I've read TWD up until shortly after the 'nobody is safe' arc. At which point I found it frankly ridiculous and kinda just fizzled out. I feel like there's nothing really going on except the constant shock/gore/I can do anything in my world factor which also started to put me off Invincible.

And even then he bullshits. If I was to tell you to pick only two characters who would survive that moment in TWD, to force you to bet every penny you own, you all would've got it right.

Edit: but thanks for all the other suggestions. Like I said I've got The Boys tpb 1 already so if I get into that, it might be my next read.

I think I've started New Avengers, Dan did you lend me the first hardback of that? If it's what I'm remembering right, I was enjoying that.

Edited by Shorty

Good-News3.jpg

MyXSS should be back up either tonight or sometime tomorrow, although if we registered after June last year we'll probably have to do so again as thats the backup they're being forced to use.

I caught up on Spider-Man yesterday.

I was blown actually, kind of, loved both issues.

First of all the finale of the Hobgoblin arc

Art was great obviously. I LOVED the different modes on his costume, that was total bad ass ness. "You look like an ad for Tron" lolz. Nice threads left dangling. I hope Kingpin sorts out a new Sinister Six maybe. Then the Scorpion prologue at the end was totally awesome, and Stefano Caselli's artwork has never looked so good IMO.

I think (Caselli's) artwork seems to have gotten just slightly less abstract/manga-y, but its helped it ten fold IMHO, despite being fairly subtle. Honestly, maybe its just me though, but I just liked this a lot more than his usual stuff, which I still think is great.

Then the next issue was great too. Not too much to talk about on that one, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

New Avengers was fine/boring/where is it going/just the art was meh I think. Not meh. Just okay. I'm happy to see a few stand alone issues after the overly long first arc though, so I shouldn't complain.

Iron Man 500 was a great Spidey/Iron Man story, actually. Nice to see all the extra pages used up in a better way for once. Looking forward to the Doctor Octopus arc a lot now.

And Avengers was awesome. Shame it is delaying Kick-Ass so much though.

OH OH I've been meaning to say since the weekend. The last issue of GLC (not the most recent) but the penultimate one that came out...BIG continuuity mistake on last page - Arkillo with tongue intact.

I was furious with nerd rage.

Could the tongue not have just grown back?

In Spider-Man did Peter know this was all because of Kingpin or mention/talk to him during the issues? I remember thinking about it while I was reading the story but I dont remember if it was just a thought for when they do meet up or a slight complaint now but they'd better not just forget what happened in Back in Black. Peter pretty much beat Kingpin to death and really should hate him as much as he does Norman Osborn at this point.

Good-News3.jpg

MyXSS should be back up either tonight or sometime tomorrow, although if we registered after June last year we'll probably have to do so again as thats the backup they're being forced to use.

yyyeeeeeeaaaahhh

Could the tongue not have just grown back?

In Spider-Man did Peter know this was all because of Kingpin or mention/talk to him during the issues? I remember thinking about it while I was reading the story but I dont remember if it was just a thought for when they do meet up or a slight complaint now but they'd better not just forget what happened in Back in Black. Peter pretty much beat Kingpin to death and really should hate him as much as he does Norman Osborn at this point.

Re the tongue - I don't think so. Theres been no mention of it, and he specifically wears it around his neck as a sign of his momentary weakness. Or whatever.

Re Back In Black, I didn't actually read it. But yeah, he didn't seem to particularly react that it was Kingpin or whatever.