NEurope

It kind of just carried on in all the comics from different characters, the biggest follow on moments happening in Amazing Spider-Man, Iron man and Captain America really. The next event was Secret Invasion.

heh forgive me for the silly questions, I'm pretty new to this but do you mean as in...

51WjM9YpNAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51XEFi0b9VL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51iKx9HhjUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Murr

Unfortunately none of those images are loading for me but i'll try and list some of the trades that carried on with the Civil War story:

Amazing Spider-Man JMS Ultimate Collection Vol.5 - This one pretty much covers Civil war and the aftermath, it does cost more though as its a collection not just a trade.

The Death of Captain America Vol.1 - Probably the most important thing to happen after Civil War

Im not sure what Iron man needs reading actually and New Avengers Vol. 5 and on deals with Civil War as well.

Unfortunately none of those images are loading for me but i'll try and list some of the trades that carried on with the Civil War story:

Amazing Spider-Man JMS Ultimate Collection Vol.5 - This one pretty much covers Civil war and the aftermath, it does cost more though as its a collection not just a trade.

The Death of Captain America Vol.1 - Probably the most important thing to happen after Civil War

Im not sure what Iron man needs reading actually and New Avengers Vol. 5 and on deals with Civil War as well.

a bit of looking around on Amazon and it appears that I should have probably started here - 51UVPKfLKyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and apparently these too...

Cap - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Civil-War-Captain-America-TPB/dp/0785127984/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Spidey - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Civil-War-Amazing-Spider-Man-Graphic/dp/0785122370/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

Iron Man - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Civil-War-Iron-Man/dp/0785123148/ref=pd_sim_b_2

or is it a case of I cant see the wood through the trees.

Those ones are basically whats going on with the single characters during Civil War, a lot of the time they arent that important. The Spider-Man one is probably the one most tied into the main story and its also collected in that collection I linked to. Ive never read the Road to Civil War so I cant comment on that.

Those ones are basically whats going on with the single characters during Civil War, a lot of the time they arent that important. The Spider-Man one is probably the one most tied into the main story and its also collected in that collection I linked to. Ive never read the Road to Civil War so I cant comment on that.

Ah fair enough,

well cheers for the help though, looks like I'll be parting with some more money on comics come the end of January, Don't normally buy comics as such, I mean i've got Kickass, Matrix comics and Walking dead volume 1 :p but that's about as far as my collection is at the moment.

Well then heres a few recommendations for you :p :

Invincible Vol.1

Blackest Night

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1

New Avengers Vol.1

Batman The Killing Joke

Astonishing X-Men Vol.1

Invincible Vol.1

Blackest Night

New Avengers Vol.1

Batman The Killing Joke

Astonishing X-Men Vol.1

duly noted,

I've heard in terms of Batman that this is a good way to go too?

41qmIaxAv3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah. Usually thats one id recommend straight away but I decided to mix it up today and go with the Killing Joke. Batman Begins got some of its ideas from Year One.

Invincible Vol.1

Blackest Night

New Avengers Vol.1

Batman The Killing Joke

Astonishing X-Men Vol.1

Word, these are basically....the "must dos". The Peeps recently read Invincible and absolutely loved it, as does anyone who reads it. Although I recommend Volume 1 and 2 as there is a big plot point in volume 2 that will swing you if you're undecided.

Welcome to our world.

Word, these are basically....the "must dos". The Peeps recently read Invincible and absolutely loved it, as does anyone who reads it. Although I recommend Volume 1 and 2 as there is a big plot point in volume 2 that will swing you if you're undecided.

Welcome to our world.

Never heard of Invincible...

is this the shiz? 757232d.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

Yep thats it, although that image is kind of misleading for what the book evolves into, try this one:

Invincible_Teaser_3.jpg

Yep thats it, although that image is kind of misleading for what the book evolves into, try this one:

Invincible_Teaser_3.jpg

that defiantly sells it more to me.

that defiantly sells it more to me.

Invincible is the thing that I love more than anything else in the world. I usually think about it in the same way that people who fall in love think about each other for the first few months or whatever....its the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep.

I don't know anyone intimately who doesn't like it. I watched a YouTube video the other day of a guy who didn't rate it and I think it was the first instance of such that I had encountered.

I did not handle it well.

Once you get into Invincible it's pretty much impossible not to love it. I'm not a big comic book reader - I'd love to get into comics but I feel like the back catalogue for a lot of popular comics (Marvel, DC etc) is a bit daunting. I'm not someone who likes jumping in to a story, I prefer to read something from start to finish.

I got slightly into comics towards the end of 2010 after Scott Pilgrim came out. I read all of those then onto The Walking Dead and now I've just read all of Invincible. Any suggestions from anyone?

Word, these are basically....the "must dos". .

Blackest Night is hardly essential, and really anti what he is looking for (stuff without baggage and involving the back catalogue much).

Astonishing X-men is also very subjective...sure it's "contained", but refers constantly to the immediately previous run (New X-Men by Grant Morrison), and is a sort of spiritual sequel to that. It's brilliant, but a better starting point is New X-Men.

Once you get into Invincible it's pretty much impossible not to love it. I'm not a big comic book reader - I'd love to get into comics but I feel like the back catalogue for a lot of popular comics (Marvel, DC etc) is a bit daunting. I'm not someone who likes jumping in to a story, I prefer to read something from start to finish.

I got slightly into comics towards the end of 2010 after Scott Pilgrim came out. I read all of those then onto The Walking Dead and now I've just read all of Invincible. Any suggestions from anyone?

Complete Non Connected Stories

The Sword (absolutely awesome. 25 issues long)

Chew!!!!!!!!! (Black humour, fucking amazing)

If you don't want to get bogged down with continuity.

The Astounding Wolf-Man (Kirkman's third main pillar)

Savage Dragon (awesome from 1-75, then waines a bit...just starting to get better again at 110)

The Boys (I've only just started it but its awesome)

If you don't want to get bogged down with continuity (but titles that are pre-existing) but good for new readers as they don't particularly refer to previous stuff.

Invincible Iron Man - By Matt Fraction (fucking awesome)

Green Lantern - Rebirth, Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, etc.

Captain America - starting from The Death of Captain America

Astonishing X-men is also very subjective...sure it's "contained", but refers constantly to the immediately previous run (New X-Men by Grant Morrison), and is a sort of spiritual sequel to that. It's brilliant, but a better starting point is New X-Men.

Paj is biased because he loves Grant Morrison. I never read it and Astonishing was amazing.

(Btw, I'm not saying New isn't fantastic...)

Invincible_Teaser_3.jpg

The irony! it burns so deep!

Astonishing X-Men is so much easier to get into than New, plus it doesnt chase people away with its horrible art.

I mentioned Blackest Night because I thought it would be good to add a DC event to the list and its probably the easiest to get into straight from the beginning.

Astonishing X-Men is so much easier to get into than New, plus it doesnt chase people away with its horrible art.

I mentioned Blackest Night because I thought it would be good to add a DC event to the list and its probably the easiest to get into straight from the beginning.

Agreed on both points. (Well I like Frank Quitely but Cassady is infinitely better and easier on the eyes) and yeah...Blackest Night is good stuff. I mean...apart from GL my DC history is shit. I rarely have a clue what was going on at the beginning of Brightest Day, but it isn't important (and now understand Brightest Day) it would be a similar thing with Blackest Night...I mean its all obvious and so much is introduced in it specifically anyway.

Agreed on both points. (Well I like Frank Quitely but Cassady is infinitely better and easier on the eyes) and yeah...Blackest Night is good stuff. I mean...apart from GL my DC history is shit. I rarely have a clue what was going on at the beginning of Brightest Day, but it isn't important (and now understand Brightest Day) it would be a similar thing with Blackest Night...I mean its all obvious and so much is introduced in it specifically anyway.

Lol, its more of a jab at Paj anyway.

Well, Happenstance's "jab" failed since New X-Men DID have terrible art from Igor Kordey, not Quitely. So you actually just told the truth (if not the whole truth).

It helps to read New X-Men before I think. The fact it's absolutely stunning is also a reason to read it. But yeah, Astonishing can be read on it's own. Just elements of it ring more stunningly post New X-Men.

The Sword (absolutely awesome. 25 issues long)

This is so shit I actually hate everyone who likes it.

Also, how can you seriously recommend GL? And then not Batman? GL is so convoluted, as you pointed out it has at least 3(?) comic book series that are are parallel with each other.

You're full of suck today, Rez.

Well, Happenstance's "jab"

Pajjab, if you will.

This is so shit I actually hate everyone who likes it.

Also, how can you seriously recommend GL? And then not Batman? GL is so convoluted, as you pointed out it has at least 3(?) comic book series that are are parallel with each other.

You're full of suck today, Rez.

The Sword is amazing, so I don't know what you're smoking right now, but its working.

GL being convoluted? HUH? The storylines that I suggested are just the core books (GL), not three books (of which one only just started and GLC is definitely for fans only, not too important.....BATMAN HAS LIKE 10 FUCKING BOOKS OR SOMETHING, so don't even go there.

I like Batman, but jesus fucking christ....ONLY stick to the definitive stories or the stories that people say are good....the rest is so god-damn-samey its horrible to read. Oh Batmans being all grunty and dark and now hes got a psychological opponent. Ugh. I loved that book back when Judd Winnick was writing it, his shit was awesome, great cool storylines and artwork and it wasn't all samey and you could actually follow it. The new stuff suxxors.

Apart from Batman and Robin which is totally different to the normal Batman stuff, and thus amazing, with Grant Morrisons highly imaginative stories and more importantly characters and characterisation.

Anyway I've just realised you're only trying to get a rise out of me....

A RiZe, if you will.

-------

Finally Paj. Mo fo. Tell me how much you love my heroclix from the previous page. :(