NEurope

Just read Avengers #9, looks like this is going to be a good arc. Also I was very happy with JRJRs art, in the first arc it didnt seem that great at all, like he was having trouble with detail because of so many characters but this one looked really nice, back to some of his best id say.

I wouldn't say it was some of his best, but it was definitely way better than all the other issues (combined).

Dialogue was better than usual too. People actually had normal conversations.

Then I read New Avengers and it went straight back to bull shit. :/

Not back yet but no word either that somethings gone wrong so hopefully its just taking longer than they thought.

Just read the IGN review of Avengers #9, turns out that this issue had Scott Hanna doing the inking, hes also the one that did the inking for JRJRs ASM run so id say it looks like it wasnt all JRJRs fault in the previous arc.

The importance of inkers and colourists is sadly underplayed IMHO. They should all get a credit on the cover.

They can make, break and utterly elevate comic books.

Agreed. All credit to Ottley but FCO is easily his equal in creating the look and feel of Invincible.

Agreed. All credit to Ottley but FCO is easily his equal in creating the look and feel of Invincible.

FCO is disgustingly talented. Like....what the fuck. Seriously. What the actual fuck.

I mean, I think the world of Ottley, I do consider him to be like as good as you can be. Triple A. Platinum. Mega +.

But FCO is in a different league to other colourists.

I always feel a bit bad that I never really know inkers or colourists on comics, or even letterers for that matter. A good letterer deserves a lot of credit when they mix it up a bit.

You know I hate it when comics get relaunched then just end up going back to old numbering anyway, it messes with collections. Ultimate Spider-Man has done it recently and from what I hear Fantastic Four will be back to its normal numbering at #600.

Yeah its ridiculous. Ultimate Spider-Man seriously took the piss.

On Savage Dragon it was hand lettered right up until 2003. I was reading the letters column and I was like "WTF" as I didn't realise (It was hand done)

I wonder how you become a letterer...

Especially if it's mostly done digitally now.

You probably do it as part of a wider job, general typesetting/sfx baloons across the whole comic.

Yeah I think letterers do the whole gig- fonts, sfx etc. Invincible has really distinctive sfx, and I imagine that's a creative move by the letterer rather than Ottley or Kirkman.

That's true I suppose. /of course.

Must be really annoying if the artist doesn't leave enough space for the cloud. But then I guess they'd be in contact back and forth/the artists aren't stupid.

I guess it gives them more to do..? In the age of decompression it might be more enjoyable to have more to deal with. :p

Flashpoint Arc

FLASHPOINT spans the DC Universe from the dark streets of Gotham to the ruins of Big Ben. It’s an international tale of action and intrigue that impacts an entire universe.

Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert and Sandra Hope are creating an epic five issue series, one with a scope so big and ambitious that there will be fifteen mini series expanding on the events, along with several important one shots.

This afternoon we’ll be announcing fourteen mini series’ titles - and leaving one a mystery for now, along with the one-shots.

This isn’t a parallel Earth.

This isn’t a mirror world.

This is home.

ff_final_blog-835x1024.jpg

Whatever Happened to Gotham City?

FLASHPOINT: BATMAN KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: DEADMAN AND THE FLYING GRAYSONS #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the World’s Greatest Super Villains?

FLASHPOINT: CITIZEN COLD #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: DEATHSTROKE & THE CURSE OF THE RAVAGER #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: THE OUTSIDER #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the Aliens?

FLASHPOINT: ABIN SUR THE GREEN LANTERN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: PROJECT: SUPERMAN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Science & Magic?

FLASHPOINT: FRANKENSTEIN & THE CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: SECRET SEVEN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Europe?

FLASHPOINT: EMPEROR AQUAMAN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: WONDER WOMAN AND THE FURIES #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #1-#3

Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash

FLASHPOINT: KID FLASH LOST #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: THE WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-#3

Anyone think this will be interesting?

Edited by Dante

I'll buy the main series and I'm confident all the 15 tie ins will be a complete and utter waste of time. :p

Need to get the new Flash tpb when its out to catch up.

OH BLOODY HELL INVINCIBLE PREVIEW.

PAGE 1 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday needs to get here now!

Edited by ReZourceman

I'll read the main series and the titles related to books I already read but not everything else.

ReZ dont get so excited about a preview and not give us a link! :p

I'll buy the main series and I'm confident all the 15 tie ins will be a complete and utter waste of time. :p

Need to get the new Flash tpb when its out to catch up.

OH BLOODY HELL INVINCIBLE PREVIEW.

PAGE 1 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday needs to get here now!

link? :wtf:

Oh sorry, lol. The first double spread is just fucking insanely beautiful. Like...oh god. Up there with amazing besties.

Luckily its not that spoilery either, and its only a four page preview (which is good), hopefully the action steps up in the other 18 pages. :p

http://www.imagecomics.com/fivepagepreview.php?title=inv77&page=cover&doubles=

Tuesday can't come soon enough. I hope 78 is sooner rather than later too.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 intro and credits are online :)

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost