N-Europe

Wii60 love is increasing!

Maiky-NiSuTe

I totally agree, but he shouldn't of brung up a post form pages ago just to have a dig of me, he act's like hes 5.

I only read this thread this morning. And what you meant to say was

"I totally agree, but he shouldn't have brought up a post from pages ago just to have a dig at me, he act's like he's 5."

Where you may say I act like I'm '5', you clearly have the spelling and grammer of a 5-year-old.

And if you can't cope with reasoned debate about a point you made, don't come on here.

EDIT:

I've seen your last edit, and you're obviously some illiterate little kid who has got his knickers in a twist because he posted up a list of games that aren't out and some aren't even confirmed or announced and I quoted the post.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone who says the PS3 is overpriced....it's not. It's cheap when you consider what you're getting, hence why they're making a loss on each one.

Anyway, looking at that list of ps3 games, the only one i'd like to play is MGS4. Like i even care for the rest. I mean, Haze, lair and warhawk look good but I doubt i'd really bother getting into any of them.

Goron makes a valid point about what you get for your buck and it is quite a great price especially if you want a Blu-Ray and with the 2 games and free pad aswell.

In regards to Caris Vs Zech, alot of people on various forums especially ones that are dedicated to "their" machine have a hard time accepting the competition.

Regardless if Sony are doing bad are not you cant deny the quality of games that are on the horizon and saying otherwise is stupid. Alot of the games coming are either new IPs or sequels of established franchises.

At the end of the day this isnt like supporting a football team or something. If you stick to one "team" then you will end up missing out on a hell of alot of good games and you usually have tunnel vision in regards to which console is the best.

Also Zech its very harsh to have a go at Caris about his spelling as he is dyslexic

whats with people correcting grammar lately its bloody annoying! you know what there saying so whats the point

zech lay off caris as H-O-T said hes dyslexic

360 and wii have great lineups so for me thats the combo best suited to me. As for the ps3 theres only a few games i actually want for it and to spend the best part of £500 to get a few games and the console is ridulous.

As for blu-ray i dont have a hd-tv yet so no point in me getting me films.

In regards to that i got a couple of hundred dvds and im happy with the quality of them so dont see the point in spending more money on a blu-ray copy of a film that i can get for alot cheaper on dvd.

Ive never owned a playstation console/handheld and been a happy gamer all this time so i think ill continue as i am.

i MAY get a ps3 one day toward the end of its cycle

I'm sure for the price of a PS3 you will get a lot for that price and some games do look lovely, but it's still expensive to me.

I'm really thinking about getting a 360(and soon) mainly for the Naruto game, but i'd rather get a US Wii first.Just gonna see how much I get paid first :heh:

Like i said, it wasnt the smartest move by Sony, reckless even.

I have to wonder though... Had it been the other way around.... If Sony recycled the PS2 and focused on a motion sensing pointer controller instead of Nintendo and Nintendo released a behemoth powerhouse console whose graphics shit all over the PS3, would Sony still be the laughing stock of this forum?

^.^ may be true but i do not think so. remember when i said its the game that makes the console and not the other way around. well if you create a console that is difficult to develop for you wont get great games, at least not fast but they will take more time. also time is money developers don't like games that cost to mush! the more it costs the less risks they can take.

Well, it is a Nintendo forum, and I'm sure many people here dislike SONY and thei dominance over the last two generations. Remember, in both those generations they won with inferior technology.

if they would have done it the other way around Sony would have one! developers would jump on it like crazy and Nintendo would see ... well the end of an era!

Have you guys seen ff13 and gt 5? they look better then anything i'v seen on 360 so far?

The ps3 will be doing fine when big games like

Socom

Uncharted

Heavenly sword

Unreal Toury 3

Haze

Lair

Warhawk

Rachet & Clank

Singstar

Wipeout HD

come out

Sorry but leaving out buildings and surroundings saves polygons for other things. i am most convinced the 360 is more than capable of producing the same games. although thanks to some technical evances the ps3 has better textures. but that is just a bit. and if you look at the blue ray vs dvd aspect. wel its more than true blue ray wins vs dvd but microsoft can use multi game disc and there would be no more diferance

To anyone who says the PS3 is overpriced....it's not. It's cheap when you consider what you're getting, hence why they're making a loss on each one.

Anyway, looking at that list of ps3 games, the only one i'd like to play is MGS4. Like i even care for the rest. I mean, Haze, lair and warhawk look good but I doubt i'd really bother getting into any of them.

the ps3 is way under priced!! and Sony makes big losses on it. but the price will go down anyway no mater when or how. why put a device in a game console if that makes it increasable pricey? its almost like Sony is showing off there technology knowledge vs Microsoft. a battle not worth to be fought over the backs of millions of gamers. and i think its fair to say when i say Sony went a bit over the top. Well its here now any way so why not enjoy it. well i don't know about you or any one else here but the first awesome game has jet to be released on it. and that finishes this with the same quote as i started it.

its the games that make the console and not the console that makes the games.

:wink:

This thread descended into farce when the debate was stifled by a foul mouthed little prick who no doubt wouldn't say 'boo' to a goose in the real world.

I'm happy to come on and debate with anyone. I have my opinions and if people don;t like them, fine. That's the thing with opinions, we're all entitled to our own.

Personally I still think this listing of 'great' games which will make the PS3 sales go through the roof is a load of rubbish. Great games didn't save the Gamecube or make the N64 win over the PSONE. It takes a lot of factors for a console to win.

Plus, all this 'AAA' software will be a bit late if PS3s keep selling like they are, and most of it will get ported over to the 360 as RE4 did to the PS2 when the 'Cube sales weren't strong enough.

Personally I still think this listing of 'great' games which will make the PS3 sales go through the roof is a load of rubbish. Great games didn't save the Gamecube or make the N64 win over the PSONE. It takes a lot of factors for a console to win.

Im not saying the PS3 sales will sky rocket but they will increase as more games come out. Will it over take the Wii? Highly doubtful due to the lead it has but I do believe given time it will overtake the 360 in terms of sales.

The Cube and N64 didnt sell very well but I love them both. I couldnt care or less about whether a console sells well aslong as it has quality games on it. I mentioned in another thread a while back about how I loved my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. Both consoles were classed as failures but both had a great amount of quality games.

I said earlier about given the choice out of the 3 compines I would choose Nintendo any day of the week as I have been a lifelong Nintendo fan and yes it is great to see them on top again but I wont and dont dismiss the other consoles just because my favourite is "winning". All 3 of them have their positives and negatives and im looking forward to Gametrailers Bonus Round on Sunday when they discuss that very matter.

Im not saying the PS3 sales will sky rocket but they will increase as more games come out. Will it over take the Wii? Highly doubtful due to the lead it has but I do believe given time it will overtake the 360 in terms of sales.

The Cube and N64 didnt sell very well but I love them both. I couldnt care or less about whether a console sells well aslong as it has quality games on it. I mentioned in another thread a while back about how I loved my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. Both consoles were classed as failures but both had a great amount of quality games.

I said earlier about given the choice out of the 3 compines I would choose Nintendo any day of the week as I have been a lifelong Nintendo fan and yes it is great to see them on top again but I wont and dont dismiss the other consoles just because my favourite is "winning". All 3 of them have their positives and negatives and im looking forward to Gametrailers Bonus Round on Sunday when they discuss that very matter.

Let's not forget why the Wii is selling a crap load, look at the audience buying them.

Agree on the Dreamcast front, my flat mate at uni had one, it was utterly brilliant and had so many wonderful titles, the amount of time we spent on Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was unreal! Not to mention HotD2, Carzy Taxi, Confidential mission, and also a little gem I would love to see again on the Wii - Toy Commander!

You make alot of sense.

Of course I make sense, because unlike others on this board I'm not so much of a fanboy i come out with shit.

I mean, come on, if the PS3 was £180, I'm pretty sure everyone would get one. There's no denying it's a great system, just expensive for most people.

Of course I make sense, because unlike others on this board I'm not so much of a fanboy i come out with shit.

I mean, come on, if the PS3 was £180, I'm pretty sure everyone would get one. There's no denying it's a great system, just expensive for most people.

Well yeah of course, I mean, who wouldn't. Thats the only problem with the it basically, its just too expensive. As you say, there's no denying it's a good system.

Guest Stefkov

If people just got up and got a job. Even a newspaper delivery job and saved up. It's quite amazing how little the PS3 costs.

For a Blu-ray player, a superb games console, a developing online system with Home (which looks great) for (What I earned over the past few days) 16 days work. I got £100 ish for 4 days work.

Think about it. Stop moaning it's so expenseive and get off your arses and earn money.

If people just got up and got a job. Even a newspaper delivery job and saved up. It's quite amazing how little the PS3 costs.

For a Blu-ray player, a superb games console, a developing online system with Home (which looks great) for (What I earned over the past few days) 16 days work. I got £100 ish for 4 days work.

Think about it. Stop moaning it's so expenseive and get off your arses and earn money.

You do realise people have to spend money on things other than a games console. for some people its quite hard to drum up 425 quid.

I still need one soon though, ratchet and clank comes out this year. Damn it.

Not really, when you own a Wii and a 360 and you compare the games both consoles offer you realise that the 360 has a lot more games worth your money than the Wii.

It might not be that the Wii doesn't have enough hardcore games, but un-biasedly compare it to the other consoles and you realise that the PS3 and the 360 have more and better core games.

The Wii is better if you have friends.

The 360 is better if you don't.

Hardcore gaming means nothing. A game is a game. People who play all types of games should be considered a more hardcore gamer. Though why do people insist on using the word hardcore? Everyone is just a gamer, no matter what you play.

Actually; there's a difference between me, a guy who plays a range of games, from shooters & 'survival horror' to Mario & Pokemon (and also a mix of multiplayer fun and single player adventure and lives off of games), and someone who buys FIFA every year and a shooter now and then and plays games sometimes.

its not one that gets the greatest console is several.

first on consoles sold: Gameboy hits nr 1

Best cartridge: SNES (oh owe now i have done it! please dont kill me over this one)

Best CD based: PS2

Best Arcade: Neo-Geo

wel etc etc

(this is my vision of coarse. i dont say that it has to be this way for every one)

The Wii is better if you have friends.

The 360 is better if you don't.

i cant agree more!! well said!!!

Actually; there's a difference between me, a guy who plays a range of games, from shooters & 'survival horror' to Mario & Pokemon (and also a mix of multiplayer fun and single player adventure and lives off of games), and someone who buys FIFA every year and a shooter now and then and plays games sometimes.

Damn it. I Stand corrected.

But please, please, people need to stop using the term "hardcore" for a gamer. Its just horrible. But yes, you're right.