N-Europe

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

immy

I've not played DQ 5 in over a week now as I burned myself out a bit with the Metal Slime hunting. I was catching up with that blog earlier and read a great tip- if a monster is going to ask to join you after a battle, it will be the last one defeated. The guy in the blog is after a Liquid Metal Slime but the info applies to both myself and him. :hehe: He mentions that tons of other monsters have been asking to be recruited and I've had the same (for me its mostly been King Slimes) and now we know the reason why. Somehow, those Metal Slimes need to be defeated last... that makes things more difficult.

:(

Kinda forgotten why I wanted one! :blank:

Ah, I had a feeling it was the last enemy killed, I've always killed the Liquid Metal Slimes first and then the Metal Slimes. Still haven't got a Metal Slime to join yet and I've almost killed 256 of them!

DQV is £19.99 at GAME.

I hate your luck, Ike.

:heh:

Haha :P I'm just glad I beat the developer doing the blog :P.

373 Metal Slimes killed and none have joined (yet :P).

! You can buy DQ figures from http://ssl.square-enix-shop.com/eu/category.php?cat=18 I want the Slime and Estark but apparently they'll only ship orders if they total more than £23 and for some reason I can't enter my full postcode :weep:.

Edit: Whoa it's £15 for shipping from the SE store! It's cheaper to import them.

I took advantage of Play-asia's sale and bought Dragon Quest I Symphonic Suite and a DQ DS Lite case.

Edited by Ike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I went on a Dragon Quest buying spree yesterday, buying Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest Monsters! I haven't tried either yet, but I'm more keen to play the latter - despite being a spin-off, I suspect it will have more in common with VIII.

I went on a Dragon Quest buying spree yesterday, buying Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest Monsters! I haven't tried either yet, but I'm more keen to play the latter - despite being a spin-off, I suspect it will have more in common with VIII.

Umm...how do I say this, it's kind of not like the latter :heh:

It's more like the other Dragon Quest Monster games in the series (Which was based off Dragon Quest V monster taming aspect)

Only thing really in common with VIII is that it's 3D...and...

You can have monsters that were bosses in DQVIII in it

Umm...how do I say this, it's kind of not like the latter :heh:

It's more like the other Dragon Quest Monster games in the series (Which was based off Dragon Quest V monster taming aspect)

Only thing really in common with VIII is that it's 3D...and...

You can have monsters that were bosses in DQVIII in it

I appreciate what you mean, but I started it today and I'm loving it. OK, the graphics are poor, but that's the DS, and the d-pad doesn't control a 3D game very well but, again, that's the DS. The music is lovely and I'm loving the general gameplay idea.

However, what's really bowled me over is when I went up to a bookcase it said "None of the books appear to be particularly interesting", which is the same phrase used in DQVIII! Sad, I know, but little touches like this (and the often-identical sound effects) make me hopeful it's generally made and translated in the same style as DQVIII (which I love so much).

DQ V is a top game Grazza, hope you enjoy it!

As always, I'm a little jealous of Ike's buys. :heh:

Thank you!

As for Ike's buys, I just have to pretend Dragon Quest merchandise doesn't exist otherwise I'd have it all! It's nice to see the pictures though.

Well, I've stopped playing Dragon Quest Monsters for now, because I don't know which monsters to have in my team or which to synthesise. I'll go back to it, but it's more in-depth than I want at the moment.

Instead, I put in Dragon Quest V and, I have to say, for one reason or another, I'm feeling the atmosphere much more than DQIV. :)

The opening cruise on the ship set the right tone, the music reminding me of "Travelling With Wagon" from DQVIII.

At the moment, I'm heading to the haunted mansion. I'm not sure which weapons or armour to buy, as by the time I've saved up for the best ones, I'd probably be at too high a level.

I got Dragon Quest V to play on my Week holiday with the family, it's the first proper Dragon Quest game I've played, the other being the Spinoff Monsters Joker. I just want to say for the £15 I paid for it I got my monies worth and more then that, I think it's a brilliant RPG and I haven't played one that good and made me smile for such a long time. I nearly finished it, got the final boss to beat which I'll hope to complete the next few days. Just wow, and it makes me want to play some of the others.

I decided to look past the stupid accents and give IV another shot last week and so far im enjoying it.

Im only on the 2nd chapter at the moment but im loving the fact that it doesn't try to do anything different, its just a basic turn based RPG with plenty of grinding to be done. :D

What I seem to got into the habit of doing is making my way to the nearest town, checking the shops to see what armour and weapons are to be had and then just spend all my time building up cash to afford these. After I have done this I level up a couple more times and then head off to the next destination and repeat the same steps.