N-Europe

Tomato Ketchup or Brown sauce

UK

Which of the two legendary sauces do you prefer? Brown or ketchup? Personally, I love brown. Everything goes well with HP sauce, and its spicy. Like me.

However, Heinz tomato ketchup is always my first choice when it comes to takeaway chips. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, foooooooooooooooood.

I used to have HP Sauce all the time, but ever since those fuckers at Heinz moved production of HP to The Netherlands I haven't eaten a drop since. Heinz can shove their red sauce and their beans up their money-grabbing arses, fucking *****!

Yeah, couldn't agree more villain. For a sauce thats supposed to be 'proper British', how comes its owned by a bunch of Americans who make it in Holland? To me, that makes no sense.

Ketchup is horrible becaseu whatever you put it on then tastes like ketchup. Its an nice taste, but i also like to taste the other things on my plate. Brown sauce is much better on sausages and bacon etc. Salad cream is about good as you get for cold meat, salad and CHIPS.

The best sauce however is Branstons Pickles brown sauce, Its like some awesome person has mated HP brown sauce and braston pickle and produced a glorious mongrel offspring that has inherited the best qualities from each. Tis truely awesome. works with EVERYTHING.

except chips (go salad cream)

Yeah, we call it red sauce in our house. Always a bit embarrassing when you go round someone's house and call it 'red sauce'. It makes so much more sense than ketchup.

Yeah, i say it in Subway. They always know what i meen though.