NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

I wonder what spell Colette was using in the video because that one really did much damage and it even seems that it wasn't finished in the video...

However: Now that I saw the new trailer I think that the graphic itself look really good. I mean the screenshots only didn't look that great on some parts...

I still don't like it that there is nothing known regarding European release date...

Who knows might not be missing much anyway. I'll probably still end up playing TOS more than this. I hope there is some sort of save file bonus option that players who have the cube game can get extra content though.

After seeing the new trailer, I'm starting to think this might after all not be too bad of a game. I'm just worried that playing it though will sort of ruin the story from the original game.

The trailer looks good. I still think its funny the way the characters hair doesn't animate, it just stays wooden lol. I'm liking the motion capture, it makes things look more fluid and natural than in the original.

Well, you guys know my opinion (and that is that I disagree with everyone that thinks what was seen looked good!) but anyway:

Emil: Courage is... a magic that makes dreams come true?

You are the Spirit of the Great Kharlan Tree, Ratatosk, aren't you?

Tenebrae: Ratatosk-sama is the guardian who protects the door to a mystic world that is linked by the Great Kharlan Tree.

Marta: It's the Chosen who was the first to do horrible things.

She abandonned Palmacosta for the sake of the World Regeneration.

Emil: I'll search for Lloyd. Then... I will take revenge for my parents' death.

Hey, try sending Heaven's judgment on me!

Marta: This way, it looks like I will be the one to become the knight who protects Emil.

Richter: Don't apologize more than needed. Although if you want to become a pig, I won't stop you...

Emil: The game is... over!

Marta: Let's go, Emil!

Colette: Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing... (Holy Judgment)

Presea: This is... the end! (Hien Messhoujin)

Regal: I won't let you go away! (Garen Zesshuugeki)

Sheena: I'll show you my power! (??)

Raine: Destroy this being! (Sacred Shine)

Genis: This is it! (Indignate Judgment)

Zelos: Eat this! (Shining Bind)

Alice: I'll be mean <3

Decus: Die!

Brute: Fools deserve the king's judgment... despair!

Emil: Lloyd Irving. You... you!!

Emil: You told me to protect you as a Knight of Ratatosk. Now that's what I'm doing! What's wrong with that?!

Decus: Alice-chan, this is your Prince, Decus!

Alice: I love breaking the arms of a cute girl <3

Brute: If it's for justice, any means will do.

Emil: The Emil you imagine and the true me are different, but...

Marta: It doesn't change the fact that you are you. You're a little cowardly, but you're kind and always do your best.

Richter: Emil, are you listening? Give up being a Knight of Ratatosk immediately!

Lloyd: If this is the way you chosed...

Marta: Then... Ratatosk!

Colette: It's because you are Emil and Marta that I want to be your friend.

Zelos: Huh, don't get so warmed up, kid.

Sheena: That's right. That's why it's little nostalgic.

Regal: It is just like when Lloyd saved me, a long time ago.

Genis: Of course, we know that too, don't we?

Raine: You seem ready.

Presea: I'll help too.

Emil: That's because you are the first who gave courage to the coward Emil.

Let's go, Marta. Let's put an end to our journey.

I'm still annoyed with it aswell. I think most of it should just be revamped and get a release late this year/next year. I don't care waiting for it.

I'm still annoyed with it aswell. I think most of it should just be revamped and get a release late this year/next year. I don't care waiting for it.
It won't, half assed is how they want to be while they're fluking their money on a platform that simply fails to sell at their biggest market, the dumb f*cks.

Other than that, I'm thinking of doing the pre-order for this one because of the bonuses, and might I add that due to the twilight hack it is possible to run imports without the freeloader? (of course, if newer games will play is unknown) but does anyone else think of importing this one?

I'm not importing the Japanese, i'll see things happen and not know why which would ruin it, so i'll be importing it from America since I can't be bothered waiting cause of translations etc.

Speaking of point and click... why isn't there a wii FF tactics game yet?

Doh Squeenix, just doh.

here are also some tidbits from the official blog of the game :

-they ditched the purely waggle-to-attack battle system because from their experiments, they found out that it was too tiring. Instead, they choosed to map the regular attack to the Wiimote buttons, and to offer two different options to pull off special techniques (aka ougis) : the purely buttons based one (mapped to the four directions of the D-Pad) and the motion based one, which implies to swing the Wiimote or the Nunchuk vertically or horizontally to pull off the four differents ougis which are mapped on each sense and on each controller.

-about the play style of the protagonists : Emil is mostly aerial based. He can send the enemy upward and connect aerial attacks (by pushing the control stick and hitting the A button with good timing). The skills that Emil learn also influence enormously his aerial offense.Thus, you can easily disturb the enemy and pull off more than 20 hits with a single combo, but you better not let your guard down when comes the time to land.

When it comes to Marta, she is specialized in ground attacks, as well as healing and holy magics. At first glance, she is the typical back up character, serving to protect and heal the Knight, but the director insists that she is in fact pretty much as powerful as Emil, and perfectly serviceable as a main.

There is also an entry by Daigo Okumura, on, essentially, how difficult it was to be the main character designer for a Tales of game, and to actually redesign the old characters so they could fit the new design [while retaining their old, iconic design], with as an example :

080520_1.jpg

and an entirely new character

080520_2b.jpg

main_bg.jpg

New Screens

sysBattle_1.jpg

sysBattle_2.jpg

sysBattle_3.jpg

sysBattle_4.jpg

sysBattle_5.jpg

sysBattle_6.jpg

sysBattle_7.jpg

sysBattle_8.jpg

sysBattle_9.jpg

sysBattle_10.jpg

sysBattle_11.jpg

sysBattle_12.jpg

sysBattle_13.jpg

sysBattle_14.jpg

sysBattle_15.jpg

sysBattle_16.jpg

sysBattle_17.jpg

sysBattle_18.jpg

sysBattle_19.jpg

sysBattle_20.jpg

sysBattle_21.jpg

sysBattle_22.jpg

sysBattle_23.jpg

sysBattle_24.jpg

sysBattle_25.jpg

sysBattle_26.jpg

sysBattle_27.jpg

sysBattle_28.jpg

sysBattle_29.jpg

sysBattle_30.jpg

sysBattle_31.jpg

sysBattle_32.jpg

fansub tralier 3

If only they changed the points and click to an overworld map ¬_¬

And you know, redone the characters a bit better. And loads of side quests. And ditched the monsters.

Either way balls are still broken...

I never have. Same with a lot of folk on here. It's being half-assed and the proudcers of ToS have buggered off for Vesperia leaving inexperienced folk which have stuck in monsters instead of characters.

Basically not doing what the fans want and making a crappy Tales game but slapping in the Symphonia world to make it sell.

people dont like this game now? :hmm:

I like it. Sure it would be nice to have a real overworld and everything, but I still think the game looks good. I like how the characters (old and new) are looking and the monster side of things (no monster too monstrous!) could be fun too.

Btw.: Did I see correct and that spell from Raine made over 30.000 damage per enemy with one shot?

Otherwise I am really interested in how this game turns out. If it is bad or good we will see afterwards but just saying it is bad without having even played it, I think is extremely unfair...

I'm not saying it is bad, i'm saying it's been half-assed and screwing the fans with a cheap game but slapping it in a well loved world.

Well: Even that you can only say after playing it if you ask me... Though you might be right. Seeing is there is no overworld - this is a part that I don't like either...

people dont like this game now? :hmm:
It's a lame cash-in spin-off made on the premise of recycling 5 year old assets and is lacking when it comes to graphics to even break the "this can't be made on PS2" let alone the GC or the Wii. At some points it's insulting when 90% of the team symphonia is elsewhere doing the next installment for a platform that doesn't even sell in japan and with graphics that are not that much better than wind waker, should be what they should be pulling on the Wii; not low poly enemies and characters with textured mouths and rounded N64 shadows. I mean just read the thread, they've kinda insulted us repeatedly too every time they gave a interview.

I'll buy it, I don't think it'll suck (they have to be geniuses if they could crap out the gameplay going from a existing recycled engine) if anything to give a slap at Namco, but I'm not happy about it at all, getting crappy secondary support possibly to pay off the other game flopping; we deserved much more than this.

The developers don't give a shit anymore, so neither do I...

Yes I loved the original Tos but we live in an era of games where if devs can get away with making a half assed sequel, they will.

Thats not to say it won't be good, once people start playing it, they will most likely forget about any graphical shortcomings and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

Tales games are getting samey now anyway, Tos 2 will come out, Tov will come out and there will be fanbases for both due to whatever unique and lovable quirks or gimmicks are included in either.

Just release it allready so I can play it, get all nostalgic about Tos and then sigh in the sad realisation that we will never see another Tales game that even comes close to it ever again. :(

Only reason I want ToS 2, fact, i'm never calling this ToS 2 again, not worthy to have the Tales of Symphonia label. Only reason I want this is for the story, apart from that I don't care for the game.

Tales of Symphonia was the perfect RPG, now because of the corruption of developers who screw fans instead of showing them their ideas and thoughts and making good games, we get this thing called Knight of Ratatosk.

Then we'll never get a good game like that for a long time, which is a shame because one of the few teams that cares about making a good game and pleasing fans, is working on a game that will ultimately flop. I don't care for the graphics in this, just the overall attitude and Namco pretending what the fans want under some sort of illusion that it's getting great feedback is disgusting.

We have newbies apparently, working on a huge game that was critically acclamied and adored, surely they would want to put effort and follow up on the success. But instead they think they know what fans want, but add what they want.

Hmm lets see, monsters, or new original characters thrown in with our favorites from ToS? Affection system to differ the game, or make our pets love us? Finding and exploring for quests, or you being given them?

Argh I could go on, but i'll just get more annoyed.

I don't exactly like Namco giving this game their B (C?) team, but if the game's good, it's good. And it seems good. So, good.

Also, motion combat for me.

First things first:

1-Darksnowman, to call that...thing...a Murkrow is an insult to both creatures. :heh:

2-The Tales series dislikes America and hates Europe. Many Tales games never leave Japan, and those that do only reach America. The only Tales games to reach Europe were ToS, Phantasia GBA (horrible port) and Eternia PSP. I learned to stop getting my hopes up for this series.

3-Who cares if the graphics are barely better than Tales of the Abyss?

Tales of Symphonia (Black outline, screen has blurred edges, which hurt my eyes), Skies of Arcadia (jagged edges in character models), Pokémon (obvious graphical shortcomings),... These are all some of my favourite RPGs of all time, and much, much better than Baten Kaitos, Final Fantasy XII, etc. which have stunning graphics.

4-How can you people be so negative about the game, if you're going to buy it? If you start playing it with a negative attitude, of course you won't like it.

I don't know if the "monsters" thing has anything to do with the story, but I'm not judging it until experiencing it. Even the "Point & Click" thing is (kinda) understandable, since a lot of people complained that the overworld was bland in ToS.

My point is, if the game is good, cool. If it isn't, lame. But I'm keeping an open mind about this.

It's starting to piss me off, people being negative about this game, saying "it could be better". Any game could be better than it currently is, but I'm not thinking about that when I play something enjoyable.

Think on the bright side, at least you won't see Colette, Raine and Sheena in skimpy outfits, using spheres or whatever to play dress-up...

I'm glad the screens are looking a lot crisper.

As for all this negativity towards the game, I want to echo Jonnas' words. For me, at least, ToS was unique in the way RPGs go for having it's true appeal in PLAYING the game.

I can see why many people are angry with the whole "spin-off/sequel" thing, but I loved the original too much to instantly dismiss it's bastard child.

Sure, I'll anticipate the reviews, but I'll almost certainly buy the game anyway.