NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Yea, not taking it as truth yet, but would be oh so good if it was all true though.

I feel a tad better with how ToV is looking right enough though.

EDIT - Oh god, I just seen the ToV intro song. What the hell are they thinking? :D

Also tried to watch the battle system and it was a Dr Phil video... :heh:

Also tried to watch the battle system and it was a Dr Phil video... :heh:
Try again, I fixed it, was rushing out of home and...

You were rushing so much you pressed the back button and copied and pasted Dr Phil :blank:

You were rushing so much you pressed the back button and copied and pasted Dr Phil :blank:
Someone had sent it right then through MSN and... oh well :P

what matters is... ToV gameplay is looking to be crap; did they put trainee's on the AI routines, dumbed it down for the handycapped or something?

Someone had sent it right then through MSN and... oh well :P

what matters is... ToV gameplay is looking to be crap; did they put trainee's on the AI routines, dumbed it down for the handycapped or something?

ToV seem to be more force for the westen market.

ToV seem to be more force for the westen market.
In a craptacular bad way. That's like the epitome of we don't want, same for crappy music.

Oh well, f*ck them. bastards, let's hope they learn and never let M$ moneyhat them again for such diminutive userbases.

The combat did look pretty boring I have to say. And I don't know the full mechanics of the gameplay but there was only 1 person attacking at a time, i'm sure all 4 will and it might of been some sort of mashing special attack of somesort.

The combat did look pretty boring I have to say. And I don't know the full mechanics of the gameplay but there was only 1 person attacking at a time, i'm sure all 4 will and it might of been some sort of mashing special attack of somesort.
There's more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKk67RBAucA

They run along and all that but it's missing something; furious action and flexibility on the system for one, it's slow; tries to be overly flashy making the attacks last too long, the camera attempts to be too dynamic for it's own good... like the 3rd person "follow camera" segments that detract from the whole Tales team sense (knowing where the characters are what they're doing) so it ends up being like you're saying a watered down system who gives the flashy spotlight for one member at the time and makes it difficult to know what exactly the others are doing.

Hell, they went after Tales of Legendia system and took the button masher attacks, this is stepback on all accounts, they f*cked the game. And the AI of the enemies is really f*cked up too.

Doesn't leave them off the hook (namco) but they deserve it to suck.

I'd be happy if it sucked actually and bombed so their comment about 360 games selling well is proved outrightly wrong, and also for Knight of Ratatosk to sell better. Shows how much they screwed up overall :D

Perhaps Team Symphonia have decided to produce a crap game on the xbox in protest of not being the ones to make the next ToS game.

That very thought crossed my mind earlier actually :heh:

Would actually be pretty cool if it was true, as in to say "Don't force us to produce a game" so made a crap one instead since they couldn't do what they wanted.

Yeah I'm sure they are going to do that.

Bit disappointed that the game play appears to be sucking at the moment but then again I've never played a Tales game so wouldn't know what to expect. It still looks gorgeous though.

Well the people that know Tales well knows that Team Symphonia can do much better than ToV anyway. Just seems like they can do much better but they're just not.

Back to Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

The Plot: "Long ago, Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were united as a single world that drew strength from the Giant Kharlan Tree. Divine intervention tore them apart, however, and the Tree withered and died. It was eventually left to a boy named Lloyd to restore the world to its true form. At his journey's end, a new Tree was planted to replace the Giant Kharlan Tree and to hold the two worlds together. This is the story of the Journey of Regeneration.

United once more, the world is now entering a new era. However, its people are still faced with many problems. After the lands became one, maps were rendered useless and the climate went through many vast changes: desert towns became frozen wastelands and lakes dried up into valleys. All of this stems from an overlooked factor in the unification of the worlds: the spirit of the old Kharlan Tree, Ratatosk, still exists somewhere, and its slumber has sent the world into chaos.

However, Ratatosk isn't the only problem: tensions are escalating between the people of the two worlds. The citizens of Tethe'alla look down upon the citizens of Sylvarant due to their inferior technology, and the citizens of Sylvarant fear the citizens of Tethe'alla for their power. Two years have passed since the worlds were first merged, and the people of Sylvarant have created an army, known as the Vanguard, with which to rise against the Church of Martel and the people of Tethe'alla.

One day, the Church of Martel goes to war with the Vanguard, and Sylvarant's city of Palmacosta is caught in the crossfire. Countless innocent lives are lost and Palmacosta is consumed in a terrible fire. This event comes to be known as the "Purge of Blood", a massacre allegedly led by Lloyd Irving of the Church of Martel"

Dawn of the New World takes place two years after the events of Tales of Symphonia.

The protagonist is named Emil, and nearly all of the main characters from the original Symphonia will return: only Kratos, who will act as the game's narrator, will not return in a playable capacity.

And it also seems to be pretty much like FF X-2's plot. In terms of warring factions, even the world was saved there is still trouble etc.

And it also seems to be pretty much like FF X-2's plot. In terms of warring factions, even the world was saved there is still trouble etc.
Hell no, that would be a sequel with Collete as the main, and I'd run from it like the plague.

this said FFX-2 graphics-wise had more evolution compared to FFX than this tramp has over ToS (detailed shadows, ding ding ding)

Perhaps Team Symphonia have decided to produce a crap game on the xbox in protest of not being the ones to make the next ToS game.
Nah, they just screwed it while trying to make it appealing to retards, and deserved to screw it, I wish I could screw them further.

And I still want a darn port, if they fix the lame system the better, that sh*t could run on the Wii.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080321/tov11.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080321/tov12.jpg

Darn namco.

EDIT: Oh, and take that tramp opening from my sight and give me extra content while you're at it Namco [won't happen]. (we should have done a pettition and noise just the same long, long ago, making them know it's not freaking ok at all)

OK so the Freeloader no longer works.... is there a chance Datel might have a new Freeloader in the wings that will let me play ToS2 when it's out in the US without having to buy a US Wii?

Does the US have a release date for it yet... my avoiding of information has been going a little too well.....my will is strong :heh:

This will be out in Q4/Winter time in the US. No need to even upgrade your Wiis firmware just now anyway, even if you do upgrade, i'm sure Datel will have a new Free Loader by then.

Wow, alot of hate for ToV in here. I think it looks alright and it will be a release day purchase for me when it makes over here. Im still hoping its region free so I can just import it. I think the intro video is okay aswell but nothing will match the opening from Tales of Abyss.

Oh and before everyone gets all defensive saying that ToV looks bad compared to ToS etc etc I will admit that im not a hardcore Tales fan. I played through ToS once and thought it was a very meh experince, fun but not godly as alot of people claimed it to be. Tales of Abyss>>>>>Symphonia IMO.

Anyone back on topic, here is the Famitsu score and titbits. Enjoy!

Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk - 8887

- Improvements over ToS such when it comes to tempo, production value, and strategy

- tons of events

- battles are more difficult

- could have used more polish

- You don’t need to play the Cube outing to enjoy this title, but you’ll get a much richer experience if you have played it

Im sure alot of you will disagree with the production value comment :)

Yeah and to be honest it feels like Famitsu hasn't known what they've been talking about for a long, long time. Years ago they used to be seen as credible and rarely gave out full marks or close to (mainly just as it's 4 separate reviewers) but nowadays I rarely see them scoring genuinely bad shit poorly. I don't think they ever really go as low as 3's 4's and rarely 5's probably just as it's not "polite" in their view.

Western reviews these days are far more harsh, so I'll be looking for some of them before I begin to think anything about this game.

Wow, alot of hate for ToV in here.

It's more along the lines that we feel we have been stabed in the back after Namco were hyping all of us about possibly a brand new Tales game for the Wii, but in the end we get an half assed game which was mostly copy and paste from Tales Of The Abyss and Symphonia. While most of the Tales studio are working on a system that sells like shit in japan.

I think it looks alright and it will be a release day purchase for me when it makes over here.

Will be for me...unless I have a ton of games to get through. :heh:

I think the intro video is okay aswell but nothing will match the opening from Tales of Abyss.

It's terrible, when listening to the other songs that Misono has sung, it's terrible >_>

Oh and before everyone gets all defensive saying that ToV looks bad compared to ToS etc etc I will admit that im not a hardcore Tales fan. I played through ToS once and thought it was a very meh experince, fun but not godly as alot of people claimed it to be.

We can say the same about Final Fantasy VII, compared to other Final Fantasy games, I think it's meh experiance. :heh: But that does not stop people when they claim it as epic.

Tales of Abyss>>>>>Symphonia IMO.

I am currently playing Tales of the Abyss on the PS2, it's a fantastic game, I am really enjoying it at the moment ^^

Even tough im not gonna buy this game, i have to admit.

The visuals are pretty Animish, wich is cool.