NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Japanese pre-orders reach 200.000 units:

Orders are fairly strong, around 200.000 copies
Source: http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

For comparison purposes... MGS4 had 210.000 pre-orders, I sincerely hope that this turn of events puts an end to some JRPG developers attitude towards the Wii, while they're wasting their precious resources on moneyhatted X360 projects that will sell... 5 units. Cut the crap basically, and stop releasing JRPG's on formats that are as a alive in Japan as Betamax.

Source: http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

For comparison purposes... MGS4 had 210.000 pre-orders, I sincerely hope that this turn of events puts an end to some JRPG developers attitude towards the Wii, while they're wasting their precious resources on moneyhatted X360 projects that will sell... 5 units. Cut the crap basically, and stop releasing JRPG's on formats that are as a alive in Japan as Betamax.

Wow that's pretty awesome, when is it out in Japan... probably enough time to increase on that figure?

Pre-order figure seems to be going up at a fair rate, safe to say it'll increase.

I think it's the 26th of June it's out.

Wow that's pretty awesome, when is it out in Japan... probably enough time to increase on that figure?
erm... It comes out in 4 days (June 26th).

I'm not holding my breath for this game having legs though, it's a spin-off, and a low budget one at that... and a sequel too. ToS1 sold around ~750.000 in Japan on PS2 and GC combined... It's only natural if it doesn't sell as much; even if it debuts selling well. I'm just saying this before the "OMG, the game fell down the charts" or something. 200.000 preorders is a success, but it's still Namco's "worse" attempt this year, and their cheapest, as well as one of their dumbest moves in history.

Is it just me or is this looking better?
Thumbnails always do the trick, problem is that the things we've been pointing since the first screenshot haven't been solved, no matter how much stuff they put on top of it. it's a matter of basics.

If I'm forced to update to 3.3 the day before this gets announced as not coming to Europe, well... The Daily Mail is gonna have a teenage suicide field-day on their hands.

Hahahaha, I am going to love how Namco sweet talk out of this when they talk about userbase crap on the 360 compared to the Wii.

It seems that the pre-orders are going to beat the whole sale of what Vesperia is going to sell in japan. :heh:

I'm surprised a Euro date hasn't been mentioned, or that it's even coming here yet.

Good ol' Free Loader :)

It seems that the pre-orders are going to beat the whole sale of what Vesperia is going to sell in japan.:heh:

Haha, would be great if that was true.

Hahahaha, I am going to love how Namco sweet talk out of this when they talk about userbase crap on the 360 compared to the Wii.

It seems that the pre-orders are going to beat the whole sale of what Vesperia is going to sell in japan. :heh:

what do mean "going to".... you mean there's more than 200,000 360's in Japan? :heh:

I would be surprised, if Vesperia won't get a bundle - so that the XBox 360 itself sells more too...

Though I think Vesperia very likely will also get a PS3 release, after all it won't sell that great on the XBox 360 in Japan.

I would be surprised, if Vesperia won't get a bundle - so that the XBox 360 itself sells more too...
It has a bundle, just like Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyseey had. And they still sold like crap.

I haven't said anything that the game will sell extremely well with a bundle.

No, I think that a PS3 port is very likely.

However, "Mokong X-C" said that there are not even 200.000 XBox 360's in Japan BUT that doesn't necessarily indicate that there won't be more afterwards (especially with a bundle).

However, you also need to say that all JRPGs released on the XBox 360 so far, were new ones and not already known labels like "Tales of". Though I don't think this will change much....

I'm glad that Yuan's back, he was an awesome character imo. I'm suprised by how different he looks now though, not that that's a bad thing...

Dammit, now I wish I didn't look at that. Didn't think it was a spoiler T_T

Dammit, now I wish I didn't look at that. Didn't think it was a spoiler T_T
I'm sorry :X

Well its not like he was dead or anything. Now if it was Botta that came back that would be a OMG situation. He looks somewhat more like his OVA4 character model than his TOS one.

Now if it was Botta that came back that would be a OMG situation.
Oh, so you really want those spoilers huh? :heh:

*goes in search of THAT photo*

Nah, just kidding (for now)

I'm assuming the mp3 for Nininsankyaku is gonna hit the net tomorrow. I need that song like oxygen.