NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

"Didn't use" as in, they're not on your party.

When they weren't in your party, they only learned basic moves, like Sheena's Purgatory Seal, or Regal's Healer. To learn the good stuff (like Indignation or Tempest Beast), they had to fight regularly.

And any comment made by Zelos in battle is awesome, obviously.

That's exp distribution all tales are like that. here we're talking about the end of the chapter and in the next, they have, say, two extra levels, without any grinding.

New Trailer from TGS, in that old-fashioned language they call English; :heh:

Looks like Lloyd's voice actor has changed, couldn't hear any of the others, but Collette's (for better or worse) is the same (about halfway through the vid). :awesome:

Yup um er... Robin from teen titans is an ass for putting Lloyd behind him. Game is broken by default.

Is this ever gonna get a EU release date? I'm guessing half of you are all gonna be importing it...

Is this ever gonna get a EU release date? I'm guessing half of you are all gonna be importing it...

I'm probably not importing. I could because my Wii is still on v3.2, but I'd have to brick a Freeloader to get the storage solution next year. And I really can't afford to be re-buying the same game if it does come to Europe.

I'm optimistic on a EU release, from what I remember, ToS was relatively successful (as in not a total failure) when it came to Europe.

Yup um er... Robin from teen titans is an ass for putting Lloyd behind him. Game is broken by default.
He didn't. Namco just didn't hire him because they decided to hire non-union actors, and after they said they'd try to reunite the original cast too.

In short, it's Namco's own fault, and lack of commitment with their own promises.

I'm probably not importing. I could because my Wii is still on v3.2, but I'd have to brick a Freeloader to get the storage solution next year. And I really can't afford to be re-buying the same game if it does come to Europe.

I'm optimistic on a EU release, from what I remember, ToS was relatively successful (as in not a total failure) when it came to Europe.

There's other ways around that and without the need of a FreeLoader :heh:

Also, Namco half assed the games and Voice Actors even though they said they'd get the original cast, was just stupid they even said such a thing.

I'm waiting for the PAL release. I won't risk losing hundrends of hours because Nintendo somehow, someway destroyed the options of using both Freeloader and homebrew.

new info of the game :

- Localization time has been used to add features that weren’t in the Japanese version

- If you have a cleared game save from the first Tales of Symphonia, you can unlock new goodies in Dawn of the New World. Expect items, money, and more.

- while the Japanese version featured 4 motion-controlled attack shortcuts, the NA version will feature 8

new info of the game :

- Localization time has been used to add features that weren’t in the Japanese version

- If you have a cleared game save from the first Tales of Symphonia, you can unlock new goodies in Dawn of the New World. Expect items, money, and more.

- while the Japanese version featured 4 motion-controlled attack shortcuts, the NA version will feature 8

Ooo. Source?

I would import it but my freeloader doesnt work anymore because of update (i updated because i didnt need it anymore) and I don't want to buy a new one.

I've been getting lessons on others ways to play imports other than the freeloader, i'm still on 3.2 haven't got a freeloader yet, so still trying to decide which way to go, but i know i will have to update next year when the SD Card upgrade comes...hhhmmm.

Either way I've already ordered my US copy of DotNW, still with no word on a PAL release I just can't wait. :heh:

It has been confirmed on the N-europe site that we are getting 8 motion shortcuts and save file bonus.

Only just thought of this, but whats the chances of an imported ToS: DotNW freeloaded to a PAL Wii still picking up the info from the (PAL) ToS GC file?

Only just thought of this, but whats the chances of an imported ToS: DotNW freeloaded to a PAL Wii still picking up the info from the (PAL) ToS GC file?
AFAIK... zero.

Guess I'm going to have to go get Tales Of Symphonia from home (as well as my Wii and the memory expansion for my N64) and finish it off then.

Starting off with bonuses and money, wont that unbalance the game at the beginning?

Money won't cause an imbalance in the game if that's the bonus you get for your ToS GC save file. Remember, you can't go and buy the greatest weapons until nearer the end so all it'll do is max out the number of gels/items you can have but thats about it.

I couldn't watch it but if its the orchestral one that's been out for a while, then I think its great.

Hmm not as great or 'epic' as the one from the first game however, but I haven't been expecting much from this from the start, so I'll play it but I won't fall in love with it.

Yeah I don;t think i'll love it nearly as much as ToS. Then again, I don't know if i'll ever play another game and love it as much as ToS.

Also VG+ changed the date from the 18th to the 11th, so it'll be sent on Tuesday now as hoped and hopefully here on Saturday/Monday. Sucks if it's Saturday since i'm working that day :heh: