NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Should I stop reading this topic...?

I'm going to wait for the PAL release, but if it's not being released over here, then I'll import it.

I don't even think it's been confirmed before Europe yet. ONM/NGamer hinted at it but nothings bene confirmed. Though if ToV is taking a while to get released here, wonder how long this would even take.

Well Tos came out in the states in July we then got it November of the same year. So yeah might take a while.

It might take a while to come out over here?

But I want it now :(

Well my bank account doesn't but I do.

I wish it was out here too for Christmas. I got ToS on the Cube for Chrimbo when it came out, so doing the same with the sequel would be ideal for me. I'm holding out for the Pal release though... I'll maybe get round to completing my current file in ToS in the meantime!

So I guess this comes out tomorrow. I would think I would be more excited about the sequel to my all time favorite game coming out, but I'm just not. Hopefully thats for the best though.

Since tomorrow is remembrance day in Canada, I'm not sure if I'll be buying this tomorrow or waiting.

The IGN review just tells it like it (probably) is. It can basically be summarised as the game being too linear, graphics + voice acting being poor and battling being the only gameplay highlight. They say its not something they would recommend to any newcomers to the series, but that isn't gonna worry fans who will already be buying it regardless. I think thats all stuff we could have guessed already, so it shouldn't put us off too much.

The review can be found here.

At this point I don't think I'm buying it because I want a good game, I'm buying it because I want to know "what happens next".

The IGN review just tells it like it (probably) is. It can basically be summarised as the game being too linear, graphics + voice acting being poor and battling being the only gameplay highlight. They say its not something they would recommend to any newcomers to the series, but that isn't gonna worry fans who will already be buying it regardless. I think thats all stuff we could have guessed already, so it shouldn't put us off too much.

The review can be found here.

Aren't they saying the exactly oposite?

They are saying that only guys who already like ToS should try this game, every Newcomer won't like it?«, aren't they?

If you look at the user score on the side of the article, its actually quite a bit higher. The stores open here in an hour, though I'm probably not going to line up in advance...

Aren't they saying the exactly oposite?

They are saying that only guys who already like ToS should try this game, every Newcomer won't like it?«, aren't they?

Yep. Maybe I didn't word it well, but I thats what I meant. :)

Well, neither of the stores within walking distance that sell games had any copies (yet anyway). So I'll have to check again tomorrow for this.

For the record with the IGN review, the guy who reviewed it (Damon Hatfield or whatever) hadn't played the original but he was trying to speak from the perspective of someone who's played a ton of j-rpg's and simply judged it against his standard for them.

For the record with the IGN review, the guy who reviewed it (Damon Hatfield or whatever) hadn't played the original but he was trying to speak from the perspective of someone who's played a ton of j-rpg's and simply judged it against his standard for them.

Yep, correct.

Bozon himself is self proclaimed Tales of Symphonia fan so its a bit strange they didn't put him on this one.

I think the game deserves all the criticism though.

Bash even, as long as Bandai Namco gets the message. (this said the aforementioned review wasn't a bash, even if it was low)

Hell, now that I think of it, I'm defending IGN on a low score they gave for a Tales game! I can't believe it.

Yep, correct.

Bozon himself is self proclaimed Tales of Symphonia fan so its a bit strange they didn't put him on this one.

Didn't have the time, going by the podcast he had a recent death in his family too or something that impacted on his ability to review some titles.

They also said though they felt in a way it was good to have a set of "fresh eyes" on the game and not judge it based on being a sequel but as a stand alone product.

woot, my order has been shipped, prolly have it next week given international post takes a while. Damn this and GH:WT Band Pack at the same time... who said there's nothing on the Wii the rest of this year, and I've got the new WWE game to review on Wii and DS, damn i'm a busy gamer again, yay.

still need to *cough*sort out my wii though.... i'll do it tomorrow

i have succesfully avoided all spoilers, videos, screens not even looked at any reviews.... going in with no knowledge and no cares just like ToS, i don't expect the same "omg this is awesome" (note that is such an understatement) experience as I got with ToS, but hopefully having not been influencened by any hype or negetivity I'll have a clean mind going in and come out better for it

Has anyone seen any other reviews yet?
Mine? :heh:

I've been giving it for months in the breaks of insulting Namco for what they've done.

woot, my order has been shipped, prolly have it next week given international post takes a while. Damn this and GH:WT Band Pack at the same time... who said there's nothing on the Wii the rest of this year, and I've got the new WWE game to review on Wii and DS, damn i'm a busy gamer again, yay.

still need to *cough*sort out my wii though.... i'll do it tomorrow

i have succesfully avoided all spoilers, videos, screens not even looked at any reviews.... going in with no knowledge and no cares just like ToS, i don't expect the same "omg this is awesome" (note that is such an understatement) experience as I got with ToS, but hopefully having not been influencened by any hype or negetivity I'll have a clean mind going in and come out better for it

Exactly the same with me, minus the sorting the Wii out. Playing it with no influence or expectations. I'm thinking we'll get it on Saturday or Monday. I doubt i'll complete the ToS in that time :heh:

Exactly the same with me, minus the sorting the Wii out. Playing it with no influence or expectations. I'm thinking we'll get it on Saturday or Monday. I doubt i'll complete the ToS in that time :heh:

good thing i already have so, haha... mine will prolly come Monday, we don't get post here Saturdays :heh: Luckily I'm off work Monday too, so GH:WT all weekend it is then, followed by ToS: DotNW hopefully Monday and Tuesday

I've got the new WWE game to review on Wii and DS, damn i'm a busy gamer again, yay.

Ooh, I'll be interested to read your opinions on the Wii one. I was looking at it in Woolies the other day... I'm wary of buying Wrestling games though cos we all know No Mercy will probably never be matched, let alone bettered. :(