NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stranger

Where to go on dates?

Word, breres.

If the cinema is getting old, and the romantic meal at a fancy restaurant is a little too cliched for your tastes, where do you take your loved one on dates?

No "I don't have a girlfriend" whinging here please. Save it for the other thread.

i like a place where its kinna quiet, and not all posh, just so you can get to know the person. maybe like a quiet pub or a quiet restaurant. Something chilled out, so ur not stressed about what clothes you should be wearing, or how you should act etc

the cinema is cool but way over-rated i mean how can you talk through a movie, this is probably better for couples that have been together for a while.

Taken from Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime.

If her daddys rich take her out for a meal

If her daddys poor just do what you feel

:wink:

Can't beat heading to the pub and get airlocked with her, then head home with her!

haha my thoughts exactly :D

Ice skating. Bowling. Zoo. And paintballing, if she's a rough one.

Now that my ice skating "skillz" have picked up a little, I might just do that. Bowling was a hit with my last girlfriend, but I reckon it's more a group thing. What do you think?

Zoo is also a great idea. Never been paintballing personally, but my girl would clearly give me a pasting.

Do something together that would normally be completely mundane or usual. Go to the dry cleaners together or something. All you have is conversation, so you can judge whether your partner is someone you could really spend time with, and if you click then, well, it's really impressive on your part. It works well if it's something she's scheduled to do; offer to tag along. It's far more romantic than catching Wallace and Gromit and coughing up for her ticket..

I know its already been done Stranger, but somewhere like Thorpe Park. Just you and her. Maybe Alton Towers, or something similiar. Or...a trip to London. Or perhaps a seaside town. Brighton and Bournmouth are awesome. Last week we went to Bournmouth and went on the Pier, its more of a couple thing I think. Then we headed into the town, got some munch and went back to the seafront. I can imagine it being pretty romantic. Teehee, you could take her to the SeaFront Arcade; and try and win her a one of those little stuffed teddy things on the grabbing machine.....

...then watch as you get addicted, frustrated and hostile as you keep loosing your money...and suddenly your girlfriend seems alot less attractive..and just another thing to leech more of your gambling money, and you end up leaving with no winnings and no girlfriend, and bluudy enraged....:P

Ahh god I couldnt resist. Forgive me. :D

EDIT - Oh and Craig, this bit is my favourite...

Speed along the lane

Do a ton or a ton an' twenty-five

When the sun goes down

You can make it, make it good in a lay-by

EDIT 2- Besides, when you buy a girl a cinema ticket your not paying for her to see the film; instead your paying for the right to get into her pants. So remember that guys when she is screaming and beating you orf. Just say 'Hey Bitch..I've paid for this, now shut up, or I'l get my big boy out'.

Do something together that would normally be completely mundane or usual. Go to the dry cleaners together or something. All you have is conversation, so you can judge whether your partner is someone you could really spend time with, and if you click then, well, it's really impressive on your part. It works well if it's something she's scheduled to do; offer to tag along. It's far more romantic than catching Wallace and Gromit and coughing up for her ticket..

How on earth did you know about that?

But hey, it worked for me! Chicks dig animation.

It was all that innuendo. I checked for "Daniel Smith" in the credits.

It was all that innuendo. I checked for "Daniel Smith" in the credits.

Thats Daniel Offerman Smith to you, and don't make me take you over to the snooker table that you stained during our last session.

So remember that guys when she is screaming and beating you orf.

I don't think she's meant to scream when she does it.

Don't take a new chick to the cinema, you can't talk. Whats the point in - first off shelling the money and secondly bothering - if you're just gonna sit next to the person not talking for two hours.

As far as where to take her, do something overly clichéd, such as a picnic. Unless the girl is one of those annoying emo/goth/alternative "I hate romance" types, then take them off a cliff.

As far as where to take her, do something overly clichéd, such as a picnic. Unless the girl is one of those annoying emo/goth/alternative "I hate romance" types, then take them off a cliff.

Oh how i wish that laughing smiley was here right now.

Awesome reply.

Ahh god, Ash that made me cry with laughter.

But on a serious note; from what I have heard Emos..etc...and Goth girls all bang like shithouse doors. And most are bloody gorgeous Sir.

EDIT - Sods law says that if you have a picnic, it will either A) Rape it down with rain, or B) There will be a thunderstorm and your girlfriend will get struck by lightning; and if your holding her hand\kissing\engaging in anything for sexual gratification, then the chances are you will also feel the brunt of 100,000 Volts of DC ripple through your body.

Don't take a new chick to the cinema, you can't talk. Whats the point in - first off shelling the money and secondly bothering - if you're just gonna sit next to the person not talking for two hours.

Fair point, but I've known my current lady friend for some time anyway. :smile:

Brilliant.

I don't know really, I don't take my girlfriend out on "dates" as such.

We just hang out together, in rather usual and normal places. Like today just sat on a bench for a couple of hours talking. Either that or round each other's houses, or just shopping together.

That sort of stuff.

If you find yourself trying to think of what to say all the time and just moan to each other, "what do you want to do?" all the time then I don't think you should be going out.

Go for walks near, or up, or around, pretty areas, like lakes, mountains and streams. Go swimming in these watery ones too. That's always a laugh.

Ooooh, go fly a kite, up to the highest height. All you need is tuppence for paper and string then you'll have your own set of wings. Kite flying at the beach is cool, then you can go look for crabs and stuff in the water pools too.

Well Stranger, best tell your girlfriend to don a pair of Welly Boots for the date, a thick coat, a scarf. Ohh a change of clothes. And a full blown craft kit to make a kite, and watch out for Pylons. Don't want you scraping remains orf the floor after she got zapped.

the comedy club, rock cimbing,a place called ferl near brighton if you realy want to woo her.(dosent work if ur girl wears rock port and tucks her jogers into her socks)

altho i have been wrong before now. or just some were with my mates as well because they would make any girl laugh probable take the piss a little but it shows a good side of you. and if you have been together for a while or you realy like the person sicilly is always a winer so start saving

Sign in to follow this