Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Ultimate Feel Good Thread!

Sarka

Movie wise, wollace and gromit always makes me laugh and forget my worries, and when it comes to music 'build me up buttercup', 'mr brightside' and various other tunes i have fond memories of singing along to with my mates whilst under the strong influence of alcohol. Alcohol thats one that usually cheers me up not in an alcoholic way i can live without it and have done so for the last fwe months, but whenever i do drink it's with close mates and those times and memories are always treasured. Which leads nicely onto my main feel good factor, my homeboys ,sober or drunk, - i mean i'm not gay or anything but theres nothing like a group cotch with the lads you can say what you want and not fear repercussions or gossip or anything just good old male bonding. Course the companionship of a female can be just as fun but the girls i know can't take some jokes as lightly, i.e. me and my mates swear at each other as a sign of affection strange i kno - but the girls don't quite get that and probably never will. Also a game i forgot to mention is Mario Sunshine so bright and vibrant just try to be angry or depressed when playing that!

Playing music with my band, particularly songs which I have written myself, is a feeling which is just uncomparable, and can usually lift my spirits. The presence of good friends also tends to quell sadness and lighten my mood; particularly my best friend, who couldn't be more on the same wave-length as myself.

I feel good when I make a brilliant riff on my guitar, or when I play a riff that sounds exactly like it does on the song.

I feel good when I listen to Foo Fighters or Radiohead or Jeff Buckley. I can just lie down on my bed and listen to the music or sing to it if I want to.

I also feel good when I'm having a good conversation with a good friend, someone who speaks sense on MSN rather then sending me pictures saying WTF???111?? or silhouettes of people getting off with each other. I had a conversation with a friend in the summer on MSN and it was a good couple of hours.

Once in school a friend of mine was really unhappy about something, I won't tell you because I promised her not to tell anyone, but I did manage to make her feel more happy when I cheered her up because I spoke to her and there were a few times when I made her laugh, she felt she couldn't keep it to herself and she thanked me for speaking to her. I felt bloody good afterwards, so good that I didn't give a sh*t about having Business Studies next.

Listen to Ska and Hardcore. Be oldschool. Watch happy animes.

Ska music is great to listen to when your down, the ultimate song has got to be Sell Out by Reel big fish because its soo cheery :P

Another thing that makes me feel good is when im hangin with my friend sarah, she's real nice and makes sure im not down