KKOB

So which is the better series?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. So which is the better series?

• Metroid
    • Zelda
    • Both are crap-Mario FTW!!!!

Personally Zelda hands down!

There have been some duds (TP over rated me thinks) but a majority of my favorite gaming memories are due to Zelda. Metroid is great but I've never really felt a connection with any of the games except for Zero Mission on the GBA.

Samus would waste Link in a fight though...

MP3 looks ever so f*cking sexy though!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda, of course. TP is my personal favourite game ever, and even though MP was a thouroughly enjoyable game, it is not in that same league as WW and TP. I like those games for their eeriness, though, and both metroid and zelda please in that department.(Zelda more though)

In a fight, Link would win. He would use the triforce to block Samus' attacks, and the powerful master sword to smash through her armour.

I\m really stopping myself from replying to some posts and causing a 'discussion' grrrrr

I thought you were being a bit quiet! :heh:

I would have leaned a lot more towards Metroid if it wern't for Minish Cap which was awesome! And Phantom Hourglass coming out.

I was kinda let down by Hunters...

Actually where the hell is that Metroid Dread game!?! I wan't a 2D Matroid!!!

I would have leaned a lot more towards Metroid if it wern't for Minish Cap which was awesome! And Phantom Hourglass coming out.

I've said it before i'll say it again. The Capcom Zelda games are SHHIIIIIIITTEE A.

I've just rebought hunter :heh: should be here tomorrow or wednesday.

I've said it before i'll say it again. The Capcom Zelda games are SHHIIIIIIITTEE A.

Minish Cap is awesome...The Oracle games were shite!

Hunters is rubbish....especially considering they delayed it for so long.

The plans for dread were scraped late last year, which is a shame, as I've never played a 2-D zelda before. TP still rules, though. And so does Zelda.

wWWHAT?? You like Hunters but think Oracles and Minish Cap are shite!

*sigh*

Some people and their "opinions"... :wink:

wWWHAT?? You like Hunters but think Oracles and Minish Cap are shite!

*sigh*

Some people and their "opinions"... :wink:

hehe

A couple of the ideas in the Oracle games were good, but as 2 games as a whole they weren't up to the high quality the other Zeldas are. Kinda the same thing with Minish Cap except the thing that annoyed me was more intangible. I found going through it for a second time a total chore and bore.

I'll get back to you on the Metroid Hunters thing, been a year since i played it . . . or more.

I can't believe how few people like Metroid/prefer it to Zelda. . .

Awww, man! Only 6 votes for Metroid?:hmm:

I know Zelda is good and popular, but still...

Anyway, I actually liked the Capcom Zelda games way more than LttP.

The way I see it, Minish Cap » Link's Awakening » Oracles » LttP in 2D Zelda games.

Metroid still rocks, but, has I said in my previous post, the experience and opinions all come from different perspectives and preferences.

At least the discussion around here hasn't turned into a flame war. :smile:

I've never played a 2-D zelda before.

You really, REALLY need to experience a 2D Zelda.

It's true Zelda imo. The 3D ones are fantastic of course (other than TP, dur), but the 2D games are classic Zelda.

Couldn't choose between them though.

Anyway Zelda by far, Metroid seems a bit boring but I could be wrong.

Awww, man! Only 6 votes for Metroid?:hmm:

I know Zelda is good and popular, but still...

Anyway, I actually liked the Capcom Zelda games way more than LttP.

The way I see it, Minish Cap » Link's Awakening » Oracles » LttP in 2D Zelda games.

Metroid still rocks, but, has I said in my previous post, the experience and opinions all come from different perspectives and preferences.

At least the discussion around here hasn't turned into a flame war. :smile:

*stunned silence*

LTTP is the best Zelda game ever imo, better than the 'greatest game ever' OoT.

My 2D list goes. LTTP>Link's Awakening>Minish Cap>Oracles>Zelda+Zelda 2

hehe

A couple of the ideas in the Oracle games were good, but as 2 games as a whole they weren't up to the high quality the other Zeldas are. Kinda the same thing with Minish Cap except the thing that annoyed me was more intangible. I found going through it for a second time a total chore and bore.

I'll get back to you on the Metroid Hunters thing, been a year since i played it . . . or more.

I can't believe how few people like Metroid/prefer it to Zelda. . .

I personally thought that both Oracle games were great as standalone games. Putting them together made the longest, most epic zelda. While not quite the greatness that is LA, I still the think the games are expertly designed, even if there was less magic. Minish Cap, although excellent, was not quite up to the rest of the game boy zeldas imo, it just seemed a lot smaller to me.

My 2d zelda "best>worst": LA>Oracles>Lttp>MinishCap>the other two

As for Hunters, I don't really consider it a Metroid game, apart from the name and themes there's not much metroidy about it really. A pretty good fps though.

Metroid by a huge huge distance. Zelda never had much of a story.

There has never been a game that is less than outstanding in the main Metroid series, and the only truly outstanding games from the Zelda series for me are LttP, WW and LA.

Everything from the atmosphere, to the gameplay to the music is just better, and there's a sense of urgency and importance in Metroid which just isn't there in Zelda.

Through 3 generations, the Zelda series has essentially been the same game in different guises.

*stunned silence*

LTTP is the best Zelda game ever imo, better than the 'greatest game ever' OoT.

My 2D list goes. LTTP>Link's Awakening>Minish Cap>Oracles>Zelda+Zelda 2

Yeah, I mentioned in my previous post that LttP fans were going to kill me. But that's how I really feel about it. LttP didn't really manage to please me other than a boss fight (I forgot the name of the Boss and the Dungeon, but it was some sort of snake that could throw you in a pit and you had to restart the fight if you did. I liked that boss and wish there were more like that in Zeldas, since it's not puzzle related, but skill related, like Metroid).

Yeah, I just prefer the portable ones when it comes to 2D Zeldas.

By the way, in a similar note, 2D Metroids:

Metroid II » Super Metroid » Zero Mission » Fusion

Fusion was fun, but the story was action-driven, separating it from other Metroids.

Zero Mission and Super Metroid were similar, I felt. Not that it is a bad thing. Both games were good and the only reason Super Metroid is higher on the list is because it felt longer.

Metroid II was awesome. It captured the atmosphere of loneliness better than Metroid prime, even. You had no map, no hint system, no equipment other than the plasma cannon and the missile launcher and the mission was rather clear: Kill all Metroids. I had to do a mental map with this one, which showed that this game is more compelling than most games out there.It's a shame that there won't be any more games like this. Every Metroid nowadays has a map or a hint system that take away from the experience.

Metroid II was awesome. It captured the atmosphere of loneliness better than Metroid prime, even. You had no map, no hint system, no equipment other than the plasma cannon and the missile launcher and the mission was rather clear: Kill all Metroids. I had to do a mental map with this one, which showed that this game is more compelling than most games out there.It's a shame that there won't be any more games like this. Every Metroid nowadays has a map or a hint system that take away from the experience.

I would argue that removing a hint system would be detrimental to the series. A better option would have been to just be able to turn it off. Which i think you can do but i can't remember. Knowing where you should be going is one of those things that makes a game more focussed and playable. If Prime didn't have any kind of hint system then i think even fewer people would like and appreciate it.

I would argue that removing a hint system would be detrimental to the series. A better option would have been to just be able to turn it off. Which i think you can do but i can't remember. Knowing where you should be going is one of those things that makes a game more focussed and playable. If Prime didn't have any kind of hint system then i think even fewer people would like and appreciate it.

Yeah, that's why I said that no Metroid game would come out without the hint system.

Even if you are able to turn it off, no game will be similar to Metroid II, so I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It's just that the technical limitations in Metroid II actually made it what it is, so there won't be another one.

saums would kick links ass. Can people at least admit that metroid primes owns the pants off wind waker.!? i mean dear lord

I wouldn't say "owns the pants off", Wind Waker was a bloody good game. But yeah, the Metroid Primes are better.