N-Europe

Blocks

Cube

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10849

Basically, you stack blocks then knock them down.

Steven Spielberg's Wii project - Blocks - has been revealed. Check for details, and a video, inside...

Steven Spielberg started on this game after last year's E3, where he got to play Wii Sports with Shigeru Miyamoto.

His Wii game, Blocks sets to "reinvent" the toys we all used to love playing with. The game is stated to be simple, pure, addictive fun and is aimed to appeal at all audiences.

The basis of the game is simply just a stack of blocks and a realistic physics model. The Wii Remote can move, push and throw blocks around the screen; as well as throw objects (such as a bowling ball) at the blocks. Of course, it isn't quite as simple as that - there are special blocks too. There are over 20 block types including blocks that disappear when hit and once that cause chemical reactions and explode. These are also mixed up with four different themes, including Western, Haunted House and Medieval.

The main point of the game is to knock down stacks of blocks with as little throws as possible, which is simple but can get difficult. The game includes hundreds of pre-built levels which can be used in singleplayer, co-op and multiplayer modes.

One defining feature is the level editor - all pre-built levels were made using the level editor - which allows for just about anything. Levels can be used in single and mulitplayer modes, and you can create some that are "just for show". One entertaining possibility is the ability to make your own "chain reactions" - complete with explosions, levers that throw blocks and a final target - the video below shows off one such "chain reaction" level made in the editor. Thanks to GameTrailers for the video.

Trailer Here

You know....it looks like it would be possible to make Jenga in the game.

Ha I had to laugh at the developers comments about working with spielberg is a great experience he is a master of storytelling etc and then comes out with a game about blocks.

Wow Whoever thought the director of ai and war of the world would stoop this low(oh wait)

But it should be good or it's his ass really.

Am I the only one that is excited with this game? I love puzzle games and this one seems creative, simple and fun. The physics seem nearly flawless as well.

"Blocks" remind me of a combination between the blocks I had as a child and the puzzle mode in Tetrisphere (great game for the N64. I shouldn't have sold it. :()

One think that I really think they should do with this is really expand it into something similar to little big planet, have user generated levels available for anyone to play through... I suppose we could see a similar version of this styled like Elebits where you can send them to each other, but how about we something more ambitious than that simple system?!

It's an odd game for Speilberg to be involved in but an exciting one none the less.

One think that I really think they should do with this is really expand it into something similar to little big planet, have user generated levels available for anyone to play through... I suppose we could see a similar version of this styled like Elebits where you can send them to each other, but how about we something more ambitious than that simple system?!

It's an odd game for Speilberg to be involved in but an exciting one none the less.

That's a pretty damn perfect summary of what i was going to say!

Imagine how good downloadable user created levels would be and the naughty people who would use blocks to spell out rude words!

I think that the level editor will be the big pull for me on this one!

Anyway all in all it looks quite interesting.