Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tales of Legendia New Trailer

Retro_Link

tales-of-legendia-20050314055432424.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8256&type=wmv

Here is the latest trailer of Tales of Legendia (Namco);

The trailer shows beautiful Anime scenes, in game footage and also introduces the characters!;

Things to note;

- unlike Tales of Symphonia's free roaming 3D battle system;

Tales of Legendia features a 2D perspective free roaming battle system; which is pretty dissapointing!

- The Anime visuals look as fantastic as usual, (though IMO ingame looks a bit lacking)

- The music in the trailer is Fantastic (and hopefully representative of the game)

IMO; I don't really like the cast of Characters; they all seem abit too wierd and in some cases, futuristic/"space-suit" looking; I don't really like their style!

Also 'Senel' is not as cool as 'Lloyd'!

In general it's looking pretty good!!

Hmm doesn't look as endearing as Symphonia but it's a buy for me anyway. ^_^

The graphics and battle system is a step backwards from Symphonia it seems (The characters don't even have their own battle victory celebration :hmm: ) but the voice acting seems as good as ever though.

One of the characters uses' a jar for a weapon, madness!!

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/718/718856/vids_1.html

Here's some gameplay movies! Lookin' good!

Is this definately coming to Europe?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or does Will sound like a slightly less edgy version of Kratos, it is the same voice actor right?

Have to say in game looks worse then Symphonia (and to be honest I thought Symphonia could have looked better in game - closer to the anime cutscenes at least) although I don't really mind the battle system being changed, it's back to the way it was in Phantasia by the looks of things and that move where he throws the dragon around by it's tail is brilliant! Hopefully more of hte cutxcenes will be anime, as I felt this was greatly lacking from Symphonia and would have made the game so much better!