NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Tales of Legendia New Trailer

tales-of-legendia-20050314055432424.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8256&type=wmv

Here is the latest trailer of Tales of Legendia (Namco);

The trailer shows beautiful Anime scenes, in game footage and also introduces the characters!;

Things to note;

- unlike Tales of Symphonia's free roaming 3D battle system;

Tales of Legendia features a 2D perspective free roaming battle system; which is pretty dissapointing!

- The Anime visuals look as fantastic as usual, (though IMO ingame looks a bit lacking)

- The music in the trailer is Fantastic (and hopefully representative of the game)

IMO; I don't really like the cast of Characters; they all seem abit too wierd and in some cases, futuristic/"space-suit" looking; I don't really like their style!

Also 'Senel' is not as cool as 'Lloyd'!

In general it's looking pretty good!!

Two of the things I loved the most in Symphonia were the Battle System and the Characters, and both look poor in Legendia.

The music in ToS was one of the best points of the game. It was absolutely stunning - I'm tempted to buy the OST. I hope the ToL owners get the same treat we did.

Hopefully this will come out over here as it looks great. If not I have been thinking about picking up a US ps2 as they have some awesome RPGs out at the moment like Shining Force Neo and Tears, Wild Arms and now this.

Anyone have any news if it will hit these shores? I see that Tales of Eternia is out in a couple of weeks on the PSP. I so dont want to buy the PSP due to lack of good games but I really want to play this....you can see the pickle im in lol.

Just buy it along with Lumines and you are all set, if so you can buy the other two RPGs from USA that are also out in November for PSP.

What other RPGs are out in NOV for it? If they are out in the US wont I not be able to play them on a uk PSP or are they multi-region?

PSP games are multiregion. The two RPGs that are out in USA soon are Legend of Heroes and Popolo Crois.

Hmm doesn't look as endearing as Symphonia but it's a buy for me anyway. ^_^

The graphics and battle system is a step backwards from Symphonia it seems (The characters don't even have their own battle victory celebration :hmm: ) but the voice acting seems as good as ever though.

One of the characters uses' a jar for a weapon, madness!!

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/718/718856/vids_1.html

Here's some gameplay movies! Lookin' good!

Is this definately coming to Europe?

Is it just me or does Will sound like a slightly less edgy version of Kratos, it is the same voice actor right?

Have to say in game looks worse then Symphonia (and to be honest I thought Symphonia could have looked better in game - closer to the anime cutscenes at least) although I don't really mind the battle system being changed, it's back to the way it was in Phantasia by the looks of things and that move where he throws the dragon around by it's tail is brilliant! Hopefully more of hte cutxcenes will be anime, as I felt this was greatly lacking from Symphonia and would have made the game so much better!

Sign in to follow this