NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

But I'm a hater of that too and this isn't a case of it. Tbh the forum takes the whole 'opinions' thing overboard. I don't know why if someone says they disagree with something it's against the law.

Edit: Im sorry I said 'tbh'. Substitute 'I think' for it if you find this a problem.

Don't blow up the tbh thing, it was a bit evil of me to quote that. Anyway, I thought you meant that, because you said something along the likes "I don't really care what you think as I have my own opinion", while I was just fired up for a grand discussion. Blowed it a bit out of proportion, sorry :smile:

And the end of the day it's always better to have too many options and just not use them.

Don't worry about it.

I'd like to see a Diddy Kong Racing Wii game. That would be a guarenteed buy if they kept the hovercrafts and planes etc in it.

This im on the fence with, which is strange because I'm usually up for a bit of Kart. I don't really like the changes to it, the whole 'wide courses' thing is a real downer.

More info from a source at Mariokartwii.com, who has contacts at Nintendo Power magazine. I posted his last batch of rumours a few months ago, and most of them have ended up in the game. This new batch could be an April's fool of course.

-The comeback character is none other than Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2. It is unknown if he will make any more appearances in future games.

-There will be two new original characters. I don't have the names, but they are the girlfriends of Wario and Waluigi. I've been told they're really ugly and Wario's girlfriend is taller than he is.

-King Boo and R.O.B will not be coming back. I've heard that Paratroopa will not be coming back from a different source but it's highly doubtful. Boo will replace King Boo.

-Metal Mario is a secret driver.

-King Boo and Metal Bowser (from SMS) are both bosses in Mission Mode.

-There will be a theme park-themed course that involves driving on a rollercoaster.

-There will be a Spiny item. It can be thrown as a ball at opponents and will then turn into a roaming turtle that will walk back and forth in the path. It may fall off the path if it is too narrow.

-It was implied to me that there will be a completely re-vamped version of Koopa Troopa Beach from MK64. It's either featured as a retro course or modified to be an entirely new course, I'm not sure which.

12 DAYS for Europe cool it is next Week its out and how would we get the channel?

I don't think that guy actually has contacts and as you mentioned it probably is April fools.

The first part saying 'It is unknown if he will make any more appearances in future games.' doesn't really fit in and seems made up.

I won't eat my words.

12 DAYS for Europe cool it is next Week its out and how would we get the channel?

The channel update is on the disk. The channel is optional if I remember right.

Why is there a channel? I thought it would be like the Corruption one where you can preview some videos.

Why is there a channel? I thought it would be like the Corruption one where you can preview some videos.

You need it for ghost Data and Rankings and all that lot.

I hope Wart does come back!

If it's not him...maybe it's Tatanga! Well that would be cool. He needs to come back at some point.

Is there any point in spoiller tagging rumours? I'm sure loads of people have heard of that character before and doesn't take much thought to think about it.

Is there any point in discussing spoiler tagging rumours?

Managed to see a TV advert for this in the early hours of the morning (stupid time) and I am really beginning to look forward to this.

Ad wasn't much really , quite similar to the very brief early Galaxy ads.

You need it for ghost Data and Rankings and all that lot.

Basically it's a quick way of seeing if any of your friends are online without having the Mario Kart disc in the drive. It also shows any ghost data you have been sent and your ranking I think.

Format: Wii™

Launch Date: 04/27/08

ESRB: E (Everyone): Comic Mischief

Game Type: Kart Racing

Accessories: Wii Wheel™ (included)

Players: 1-4 locally or up to 12 on Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection with up to 2 players locally

Developer: Nintendo

KEY INFORMATION

The worldwide race is on with a whole new set of tricks, tracks and ways to play.

* The Wii Wheel transforms the Wii Remote™ controller into a steering wheel that feels natural in anyone’s hands, while the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controller offer a classic control style for the Mario Kart veteran. In either configuration, players can perform speed-boosting tricks with a shake of the Wii Remote.

* Players can race as their favorite Nintendo character, or even as themselves! Mario Kart Wii lets players race with their personalized Mii™ characters. And racers will see other Mii characters they have created cheering from the sidelines on some race courses.

* Players can compete with up to three friends in their living room. Or challenge up to 11 opponents via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in the biggest Mario Kart race yet. All tracks and modes of play are available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and players can visit the Mario Kart Channel to compete in tournaments, check rankings, see when their friends are playing and download ghost data.

* Cruise new tracks and arenas or tour classic courses from Super Mario Kart™, Mario Kart® 64, Mario Kart®: Super Circuit™, Mario Kart®: Double Dash!!™ and Mario Kart® DS. Tired of riding on four wheels? Bust out one of the new motorbikes for special tricks and techniques.

Game storyline: Drawing on courses and battle arenas from every game in the series – not to mention tons of new ones – the true king of the Mushroom Kingdom racing circuits will finally be crowned.

How to progress through the game: Place first in Grand Prix circuits or clear skill-based missions to open up increasingly difficult and thrilling circuits. Players can have multiplayer races on any open courses or battle in arenas.

Characters: Nintendo favorites Mario™, Luigi™, Peach™, Yoshi®, Donkey Kong®, Wario™, Bowser™ and Toad™, plus a host of new faces-including your own! Get into the game and put your Mii™ character behind the wheel.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Whether racing around an obstacle-filled track or battling in an arena, drifting and tossing items are the keys to Mario Kart success. Players can shake the Wii Remote while launching off a ramp to pull off a trick that will temporarily boost their speed. When riding a bike, players can gain additional speed by flicking the Wii Remote up and popping a wheelie.

Control: Mario Kart Wii is compatible with four different control schemes, so players can customize how they want to play:

* Wii Remote Controller (with or without Wii Wheel): Steer by tilting the Wii Remote left and right. Or snap the Wii Remote into the Wii Wheel to transform it into a steering wheel for an intuitive, motion-based control scheme.

* Nunchuk Controller: Steer with the Control Stick on the Nunchuk and use the Wii Remote to accelerate, perform tricks and drift.

* Classic Controller: Mario Kart veterans can let their thumbs do the driving with the Classic Controller. However, players cannot perform certain moves with this control scheme.*

Nintendo GameCube™ Controller: Experienced Mario Kart fans may also enjoy this familiar scheme, although some maneuvers cannot be performed.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: There are two options for races and battles over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: up to 12 people via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or up to 10 people via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with two people playing locally.

In simple words that means people who are going to use either classic or gamecube controllers get limitations.

How shit is that?

'although some maneuvers cannot be performed.'

OK DCK will be happy about this, but why limit the GC when it has the most buttons.

What a gag fest.

Say it's a late April Fools.

wow! A lot of quoting from DCK xD

Anyway I also prefer options it keeps people happy, like me :D

My favorite place is...the place in DD where there is traffic everywhere and you can pick multiple routes and roads

:shakehead

How shit is that?

'although some maneuvers cannot be performed.'

OK DCK will be happy about this, but why limit the GC when it has the most buttons.

What a gag fest.

Say it's a late April Fools.

There so many better ways to make an april fools joke, Maybe nintendo decided that the wiimote and nunchuck also does the trick and if they let the main control focus be gamecube was kind of dumb because that confirms that the wii is just a gamecube with 1/3 of the games still compatible with the gamecube controller.

All people forgetting that you can attach a nunchuck to a wiimote.:(

At least be happy that you can choose the gamecube or classic controller.:indeed:

All people forgetting that you can attach a nunchuck to a wiimote.:(

:

What? Did you not read it?:wtf: Or do you mean people are forgetting there's that option...i'm confused.

What? Did you not read it?:wtf: Or do you mean people are forgetting there's that option...i'm confused.

**Or do you mean people are forgetting there's that option** thats what i ment

Oh, come on.