NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

All tracks and modes of play are available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Hey thats good, some tracks on Mario Kart DS were not playable online, so its good to know you can play all tracks online.

Shot of the Wheel

p1050708gm5.jpg

Oh, come on.

Just kidding dude :smile:

It would be poor if some of the tracks weren't playable online.

Has it been confirmed that you can choose to play people by the controller they use? (online)

I'm all for choice, but I don't want to be forced to use a gamecube controller cause i wouldn't have a shot at winning otherwise.

^ Now this problem could prove gamebreaking. If there isnt a system where you can play people from the same control sets then there is something wrong.

Mario Kart Wii (Wii, Nintendo): 10 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (37/40)

( in comparison mario kart ds scored 36/40)

Mario Kart Wii (Wii, Nintendo): 10 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (37/40)

( in comparison mario kart ds scored 36/40)

Wow so Mario Kart DS is better then the Wii

Why I say that well you have more in the Wii version and it only has 1 point more!

Wow so Mario Kart DS is better then the Wii

Why I say that well you have more in the Wii version and it only has 1 point more!

Do you mean Mario Kart Wii is better than Mario Kart DS.

You won't know till you play it will you? Not like the scoring has that much of a differnce so far.

Control: Mario Kart Wii is compatible with four different control schemes, so players can customize how they want to play:

* Wii Remote Controller (with or without Wii Wheel): Steer by tilting the Wii Remote left and right. Or snap the Wii Remote into the Wii Wheel to transform it into a steering wheel for an intuitive, motion-based control scheme.

* Nunchuk Controller: Steer with the Control Stick on the Nunchuk and use the Wii Remote to accelerate, perform tricks and drift.

* Classic Controller: Mario Kart veterans can let their thumbs do the driving with the Classic Controller. However, players cannot perform certain moves with this control scheme.*

Nintendo GameCube™ Controller: Experienced Mario Kart fans may also enjoy this familiar scheme, although some maneuvers cannot be performed.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: There are two options for races and battles over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: up to 12 people via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or up to 10 people via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with two people playing locally.

In simple words that means people who are going to use either classic or gamecube controllers get limitations.

Nope GC/Classic controllers used the D pad for tricks and maneuvers.

So is anyone actually going on Saturday to play this and see if they can get a fast lap? Might go to play it early and see what other people are like when racing.

Aka, I wanna see how much better I am than them :awesome:

So is anyone actually going on Saturday to play this and see if they can get a fast lap? Might go to play it early and see what other people are like when racing.

Aka, I wanna see how much better I am than them :awesome:

I cant go becuse its not near me so I cant go I just have to wailt untill April 11th.

Nope GC/Classic controllers used the D pad for tricks and maneuvers.

don't think its about the tricks, and surely nintendo knows that you can do the tricks with the dpad. I dont know what exactly is limited but there;s something.

Do you mean Mario Kart Wii is better than Mario Kart DS.

Nope! I never played Mario Kart on the Wii but I can tell you more when I get it.

But I am saying that from the Review Score.

Mario Kart on the Wii comes loaded with new and advance features then the DS version does.

But still only made one point more compared to the DS. :wtf:

Think about it.

I see that the US site for this game has gone up:

http://mariokart.com/wii/

Because of course they still have to get something before us right? :indeed::heh:

Not much to it really, a nice hi-res version of the intro on there though and some better quality title screen music too. :yay:

Mario Kart on the Wii comes loaded with new and advance features then the DS version does.

But still only made one point more compared to the DS. :wtf:

Think about it.

Yeah but a lot of that stuff was to be expected, online and stuff. And as a result there being online wouldn't so much help raise the score so much as not lower it. Things like Miis ect are new and the channel, but when you have 5 games in the series already reviewers are likely to not be as impressed by it and the basic game is likely to get a bit less emphasis.

I'm gonna take part in one of those tournaments on Saturday, and I'd really like to get a decent time. I was wondering if anywhere has the controls for each scheme detailed yet? I'm considering the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, but the news that everything's been gimped apart from the Wii Wheel is a bit worrying.

It's not really a tournament though is it? Just to see who can get the fastest lap and that's it, is it not?

It's not really a tournament though is it? Just to see who can get the fastest lap and that's it, is it not?

£50 vouchers and a god damn Mario car!

Plus I'm recording it for the main page, and I don't want to look like an MK noob.

I think i'll probably go assuming I don't take a lazy streak. Chance to win vouchers is good for me to go :heh:

I want a free game...

Shadow, you need to record something too so we can do a co-feature. :D Don't leave me alone. :(

Bah if I was in leeds I would go. London branch will be PACKED so screw that.

You know it's funny, out of all the GAME's at Newcastle, they pick the smallest one to host it.

I'm thinking of going, but I can't decide if it's worth the trip.