NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

If two Wii's were connected to the internet via the same router and from what I've heard Wifi play on the Wii is mostly peer to peer, then playing online will essentially be Lan play. Maybe with a roundtrip to your ISP but that should be neglagible.

Unfortunatly by the sounds of it, it'll only be 2 players per Wii via Wifi, so you'd need an awful lot of space(not to mention 6 TV's) to have 12 players in one house.

Then again if a Wii can connect to a DS via Wifi I don't see why it can't connect up to another Wii, whether it'll ever be used is another matter. I havn't seen a LAN option in BWii, so I don't think that has this feature.

6 TV's Check

12 people.. Check

6 Wii's ... Crap that will be a bit harder

Enough plugs >.> i can manage

6 mariokarts not good im not going to make that...

why Nintendo why not 4 players online!

Maybe the Wii is not Powerful enough to calculate 4 Players plus the others from the Net (Frame and Lag) but I would Imagen its more a Software issue or Nintendo choice not to do it.

It would have been cool 4 Players vs 4 Players over the net. Yeah that sucks!

So I am thinking about pre-ordering Mario Kart soon and as play.com is no longer accepting pre - orders I am turning to GAME online. I am just wondering what people's experiences are of ordering with GAME, when they got their order (eg on day of release?) plus also whether they had any general problems.

At GAME a copy of Mario Kart is £34.99, (while still looking for some voucher codes online to get a further discount lol) Does anyone know where they are selling it cheaper? (Play.com seems to have stopped taking pre-orders whereas Amazon [£32.99] charges for delivery if I want it on near day of release).

I also found a small deal here which is Mario Kart plus an offcial controller for only £39.99 which seems like a very good deal for those who need another controller

So I am thinking about pre-ordering Mario Kart soon and as play.com is no longer accepting pre - orders I am turning to GAME online. I am just wondering what people's experiences are of ordering with GAME, when they got their order (eg on day of release?) plus also whether they had any general problems.

I've only ordered one game from GAME online (Burnout Paradise). I got it the day before it's release.

Yeah as much as the store is run by idiots the online site (as its two different companies - random factual tidbit of the day yo!) are reliable. People tend to get games Weds or Thurs of a game's release. I belive Dom uses them for all his stuff.

I shall be getting mine from Game, with discount ;)

GAME.co.uk are awesome, I've always got my pre-orders on the Thursday, plus double reward points is nice. I've ordered this via Gameplay as it's £29.99 after using a voucher, but I got to pay an extra 99p for first class postage.

Seems like positive reviews about Game.co.uk, thanks :) I will also consider Gameplay (they are good too?) I am going to hold out until Easter weekend because sometimes GAME may have a special promotion/voucher code during that time.

Thanks for the replies :)

At GAME a copy of Mario Kart is £34.99, (while still looking for some voucher codes online to get a further discount lol) Does anyone know where they are selling it cheaper? (Play.com seems to have stopped taking pre-orders whereas Amazon [£32.99] charges for delivery if I want it on near day of release).

I also found a small deal here which is Mario Kart plus an offcial controller for only £39.99 which seems like a very good deal for those who need another controller

http://www.Shopto.net £29.99 and Usually cheapest for all games...

Yea, but the free cap...

Only thing I don't like about shopto is that I need to sign for the item :heh: Sometimes I don't hear the post and they can't stick it through the letter box or anything so it means I have to go travel to the pick up location.

I love Game Online, just got a game today (which is out today) so there good!

I always get new releases a day before release, but being good-friday tomorrow, i obviously got it on release day this time!

I would say as well, that Game will get the majority of Mario Kart's as there the biggest gaming store in the UK...could be wrong!

i love my local game shop altough ill pay more than other i get great service the games as soon as they come in (some times a week before the release date) even i get import games faster than the release date in the US or Japan. i can always return the game or buy a second hand game for a really good price. and the people in the shop know me and some even turned out in friends

Ngamer rated this 88%, my subscription copy arrived today.

So were there any details on new characters or courses in the Ngamer review?

Arent there meant to be tons of playable characters in this compared to the others?

Am I reading that right...Battle mode is only playable in team mode now?

8/10

pretty much the score everyone will give it. Like the first page, the sound of loads of boosts and it seeming fast is good.

Fuck battle mode! Whats this about single races only? I guess it's like Mario Kart 64, where you just race until you get bored or whatever and keeps track of your wins and losses - it keeps tracks of your wins and losses right?

The 4-player mode sounds horrid. You can't turn off the AI controlled racers.

Simple 4-player races was one of the biggest reasons for me getting the game.

I think its better having AI while you play with others but there you go. Boo.

So were there any details on new characters or courses in the Ngamer review?

Courses yes, characters no.

GAME.co.uk is run by the same people as Gameplay now. The old GAME.co.uk was rubbish, but Gameplay have always been really good, which is why I use the GAME site now.

GAME.co.uk is run by the same people as Gameplay now. The old GAME.co.uk was rubbish, but Gameplay have always been really good, which is why I use the GAME site now.

No its not it is Game.co.uk it is not run by Gameplay and 22 days to go!

No its not it is Game.co.uk it is not run by Gameplay and 22 days to go!

I think you'll find it is.

Order an item from both.

I think you'll find it is.

Order an item from both.

Howcome I thought Game.co.uk is gut Game so if it is not howcome you can get your order from the shop.

GAME do indeed own Gameplay.

Heres a link. http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?display=news&code=cotn:GMG.L&pageno=2&period=2004

This should take you to Game Group PLC News from 2004, page 2.

Choose the 05-10-04 Game Group PLC - Interim Results and have a close look at the part that states

"Acquisitions"

Heres the text if you can't be arsed;

Acquisitions

In July 2004 the Group acquired Gameplay (GB) Limited, an award winning online

and mail order retailer of video games, computer software and associated

products.

Our existing ecommerce site GAME.net continues to trade well. This acquisition

enables us to broaden our consumer demographics and further enhance our online

capabilities.