NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
|Laguna|

Revolution In May?!?

Yeah but come on; E3 is on May 19th!

There is no way Nintendo would be able to fully reveal the Revolution as late as the 19th if they wanted to get it into the shops by the (30 days have september, april, june and november....) 31st!!!

They wouldn't have anywhere near enough time to get the news out to the masses (those who don't follow E3 on the net) in 10 days or so!

They need the Rev to be hyped up on ever gaming website, in ever magazine, in adverts, in the shops!!

I reckon (as others have said) we'll see alot of revolution details (although probably without game images/videos; as we'll see those next year) later this year (as Nintendo have said), probably around the launch of the Xbox 360!

I reckon we'll get the release date come May (E3), not the release of the console itself!

But if we did, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

wait wait wait.... if http://www.n-next.com is a credible site then why do they say that the information comes straight from nintendo? if infact the information comes from some dodgy game helix site? also cant we somehow confirm these details? (say contacting the guy who made the claims)

Though if there is any truth to this it would be the smartest move that nintendo, or any gaming company for that matter to make. IF nintendo did indeed launch the system at this time the sales that they would get would be absolutely outrageous (not to mention a nice start on sony), which if the company wants to truly succeed in this console race would be a hell of an advantage.

Lets just hope that this source is true, coz if it is, i have no doubt we will see a revolution in gaming.

If its true its good but Im gonna have to scrounge money to be able to afford Revo and Download 2006 tix. This would also draw alot of attention away from 360 before it can even manage a decent head start.

How do we know its true? Besides, revealing everything and launching in the same month doesnt seem credible. Im not getting my hopes up.

Whether it's true or not, I think it's very likely that they will launch the Revo shortly after E3 (maybe one or two month later) because then there will be a lot of talk going on about the system, people would have had the chance to try it out themselves and during the summer month there are never a lot of games released so if there was a new system with games that makes up for the lack...:D

Sounds like good news, but somehow i don't think that Nintendo would show off Revo and release it all in the same month. It sounds promising, but it won't work. I still reckon Revo will be out towards X-Mas 2006

I just went back to n-next.com and it seems as though they've taken off the post about the revo launching in may????????????

Sega came to the E3 of '94 and announced that the Saturn was in US shops that day, when noone saw it coming. Look how that ended.

How do we know its true? Besides, revealing everything and launching in the same month doesnt seem credible. Im not getting my hopes up.

not that I'm getting my hopes up, but its plausible that the rest of the information about the revolution will be revealed by december, E3 can just be info about the games.

it is possible, but I don't really care, I'm only interested in when the first price drop occurs.

Spong's June release is more realistic: Nintendo announce in April that the system will get a near simultaneous global launch; they show off the system and software at E3 in May, possibly revealing something special about it too; June is used to build up the hype until launch date(s).

They wouldn't announce the main part of it and then release it within 2 weeks of announcing. People have to have time to save up money etc.

I think it's smarter to let the E3 sink in, let every mag publish about it, and then release the Revolution - which would be July/August. June is a bit early if they don't release info earlier.

Sega came to the E3 of '94 and announced that the Saturn was in US shops that day, when noone saw it coming. Look how that ended.

Yeah, but they ANNOUNCED it then. Nintendo would tell us, just release it near E3

Yeah, but they ANNOUNCED it then. Nintendo would tell us, just release it near E3

So, what's the real difference? Releasing it at the E3 or two weeks later barely matters - there's no chance for people to get their excitement or cash ready, no time to hype the console. Even an August release would be too short for a good campaign.

They wouldnt suddenly release the actual release date during E3...They would declare the release date months before they release the console and we already know about the most important part of the console. More Revolution news is coming before the end of this year.

If Nintendo is to release it shortly after the E3, they should give all the launch details about the Revolution before February, release videos and screens of launch games and give some media the chance to play those titles. Then they can use E3 for the things to happen after the launch, such as Zelda and Mario 128 perhaps. A June/July launch date would be very possible then. If they wait for it all until the E3 they could launch it in June, but it would be much wiser to wait for September at least.

There is no possible way that the Revolution will be ready for release by June, i mean Dev Kits have only just been sent out.

There is no possible way that the Revolution will be ready for release by June, i mean Dev Kits have only just been sent out.

The Xbox 360 dev kits were only sent out a couple of months ago. And it's ready for launch in a months time.

Yeah...Nintendo seem to have pleanty of 1st party games comming to launch anyway. Isn't there going to be a new franchise too?!

Even if that is true, Nintendo's own titles are not as appealing to mass audiences as much as Playstation's so they need some solid third party support to give them a push at launch. And there's no chance of Metroid Prime 3 being ready for launch, Retro Studios have done all they can with Gamecube Dev Kits and according to Matt from IGN there still waiting to receive Revolution Dev Kits. So that leaves Mario 128, Super Smash Bros. 3 and the new IP just for launch, that's no way near enough.

Sign in to follow this