N-Europe

Terrorist Threat Defused in London

Blackfox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Context aside, what other religion actually tells their followers to kill?

Well the Bible's not over friendly to the non-believers and people who are deemed to have 'insulted' the religion

“He who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.” (Lev. 24:16)

Ouch.

It's rediculous if people still take every word of these holy books literally in modern times, these books were written in a world completely different to ours and therefore not all their teachings should not be applied to our times.

Considering the fact that the Bible teaches that slavery and rape is acceptable while gays must die shows that these religious texts need updating or removing.

But I have nothing against teachings in religious texts that teaches people to be respectable and honest.

To the people that are anti-Islam fair enough, I can be pretty anti-semetic sometimes, but basing your argument on the fact that this bomb threat looks like the work of Islamic extremists is not evidence enough. Anyone could have done that so save your rants for the next 9/11 or 7/7.

Anyone could have done that so save your rants for the next 9/11 or 7/7.

If it had come off, the 2 cars and their intended targets it could have easily been a major incident like 7/7.

We don't know if Tiger Tiger was actually targetted (I have spent many nights in there myself) or not but there were over 1500 people in the place thursday night so there could have been a lot of casualties.

As for not knowing who it is, im sure they do (simple number plate check, using the cameras to track back where the car came from etc) however it's not very wise releasing names etc to the press untill all areas are covered, links established and arrests taken place.

Do you think they payed there congestion charge?

No because the Congestion charge is only in effect from 7am - 6:30pm on weekdays.

It's rediculous if people still take every word of these holy books literally in modern times, these books were written in a world completely different to ours and therefore not all their teachings should not be applied to our times.

Considering the fact that the Bible teaches that slavery and rape is acceptable while gays must die shows that these religious texts need updating or removing.

But I have nothing against teachings in religious texts that teaches people to be respectable and honest.

To the people that are anti-Islam fair enough, I can be pretty anti-semetic sometimes, but basing your argument on the fact that this bomb threat looks like the work of Islamic extremists is not evidence enough. Anyone could have done that so save your rants for the next 9/11 or 7/7.

This man speaks the truth *bows*

Its cowardly to run in with a bomb strapped on to ur chest, swords where used to fight when these books was written

If it had come off, the 2 cars and their intended targets it could have easily been a major incident like 7/7.

Well my point wasn't that loads of people needed to be killed for there to be an argument :heh: , I meant they need to be proven to be attacks carried out by Al Quaeda.

But using 9/11 as an example was a silly thing for me to do considering that I was pretty convinced by Loose Change.

Well the Bible's not over friendly to the non-believers and people who are deemed to have 'insulted' the religion

“He who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.†(Lev. 24:16)

Ouch.

And who practices old testament these days, apart from jews?

They get enough shit as it is without going all zealot on people.

Guest Stefkov

“He who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.” (Lev. 24:16)

Ouch.

Don't know why I thought of this but I remembered something How many people god killed

Just something random I found. Satan killed 10 people from what I remember aswell.

This has no relevance to anything, I apologise.

Don't know why I thought of this but I remembered something How many people god killed

Just something random I found. Satan killed 10 people from what I remember aswell.

This has no relevance to anything, I apologise.

God's got much better PR people though, look at how him massacring thousands upon thousands of people, innocents and sinners alike, with a holy flood got turned into a cute children's story about animals and rainbows.

Context in which it was written.

Well what's the difference in Muslims saying about things when when translated and presented on their own seem to promote the slaughtering of unbelievers "Oh, well you're not supposed to do that any more, that bit doesn't count nowadays" or whatever? :blank:

Anyway, someone must be getting a right bollocking from Mujhadeen Command at the moment, getting a parking ticket on your car bomb and having it towed away, did they send the Muslim version of Mr Bean?

Dragging this thread slightly back on topic, I have a suspicion is was an very anti-gay rights group, most likely to be Christian, or, as some have already said, Muslim, fundamentalists.

The reason I say this is that there was to be a gay pride parade tomorrow in Haymarket. I am by no means convinced it was just a coincidence.

However, the attack could have just been aimed at the nightclub.

Context aside, what other religion actually tells their followers to kill?

Although it does not actually directly instruct the killing of non-believers, the bible implies, suggests, or states that it is a virtuous and blessed thing to do so on more occasions than I can be bothered to count considering its just gone midnight.

You'd better add Judaism and Christianity to your list.

I would recommend anyone serious about the topic Christopher Hitchens' 'god Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything (US) /The Case Against Religion (UK)', which is available in hardback from Amazon and other places. It is quite inexpensive.

Well, unfortunately they do, and the result is jihadism and the Hamas government in Palestine and the late Jerry Falwell and the 700 Club and fundamentalist New York Jews who circumcise their young, physically suck off the bloody foreskin and transmit STIs as they do it.

I would recommend Christopher Hitchens' book on this. He can counter this far better than I can.

To the people that are anti-Islam fair enough, I can be pretty anti-semetic sometimes, but basing your argument on the fact that this bomb threat looks like the work of Islamic extremists is not evidence enough.

It is not reasonable to suggest that it is however, or at least far more probable that is, on account of 1) the likelihood of a jihadist attack, which is far greater than any other and 2) the analysis of counter-terrorism experts on the bomb equipment

I swear something funny's going on here. I can't find the original BBC artical from yesturday morning at all, (well i couldn't find it yetsurday after school either). It had a funny quote in that said "All options are open right now, including the irish", but i cannot find that anywhere, i think it's been erplaced (the article).

Also, this new bomb has sprung up out of nowhere?

I don't usually believe in conspiracies like this usually but this time i'm making it up, it just doesn't seem right to me.

*waits for everyone to call me crazy*

Well,

1) The second car had been towed to Park Lane, so the police came upon it later. I think your argument here is with linear time.

2) There are a number of reasons why the BBC would rewrite their article. Either a) the information is redundant b) the information isn't necessary or c) the information isn't true.