NEurope

Uggggggggh...

Woke up at 4am with what felt like a massive blood-tasting snotball dangling at the back of my throat. After a few attempts at getting it out, I realise it's my uvula - and it's about 5 times bigger than normal.

Uvulitis. I can actually feel it sitting on my tongue. I can touch it and it feels like... a fleshy sack of snot.

I don't think i've ever had any sort of ~itis before. Have you guys?

tonsilitis loads of times. but never "snotty-feeling-dangly-thing" itis.

Never knew that could happen the the uvula. Got tonsillitis loads of time.

That sounds horrible, I hope that goes away soon, it must be gross.

That sounds like the thing that Jordan gets a lot :(

Does it make you feel ill?

That sounds nasty.

itis, my mum tells me, means imflamation. If its true then I have osgood schlatters. Something to do with the knee.

Kneeitis?

It's gone down now :) bit o' ibuprofen and fruit smoothies seemed to do the trick.

Apparently it can be either due to dehydration (had me, liek, 12 pints and a couple of cans of cider yesterday) or can be an allergy, often nuts.

Jordan gets it a lot? it's not fun, so i feel for him. Luckily mine was of teh "6-8 hour" persuasion. My sources say that once you get it once, you're on the books for repeat visits. FUNZ.

EDIT: haha, i did read some stories of people who tried gouging it out and just ended up with lots of blood and a speech impediment :D Go me for brainz.

I had tonsilitis once(possibly twice?) but I think other than that I've been pretty cool on the -itis front. Pretty weird you talking about this, I was reading about the uvula the other day(never knew its proper name, always wondered) and how it could swell up like tonsils, and I thought 'wow, never heard of that happening'.

Until now. How's it feeling anyway, getting better? Seen a doctor?

I had tonsilitis once(possibly twice?) but I think other than that I've been pretty cool on the -itis front. Pretty weird you talking about this, I was reading about the uvula the other day(never knew its proper name, always wondered) and how it could swell up like tonsils, and I thought 'wow, never heard of that happening'.

Until now. How's it feeling anyway, getting better? Seen a doctor?

it's all gone now - just a sore throat. I didn't see a doctor, despite girlfriend's/mother's demands. Just checked the internet for a diagnosis and went to the pharmacy in boots and it sorted itself out.

A good point my mum made was to make an appointment with a doctors at least so that it goes down on my record - and that they would have a proper look and stuff. My record doesn't even say that I smoke yet, and I suppose it should be kept up to date.

it's all gone now - just a sore throat. I didn't see a doctor, despite girlfriend's/mother's demands. Just checked the internet for a diagnosis and went to the pharmacy in boots and it sorted itself out.

What did you buy? Im pretty sure I have developed this too. It tastes like crap.

What did you buy? Im pretty sure I have developed this too. It tastes like crap.

It's gone down now :) bit o' ibuprofen and fruit smoothies seemed to do the trick.

:yay:.