N-Europe

wiilionare

Maiky-NiSuTe

Its insane really, I can't remember of a time where Nintendo didn't make a profit, the Gameboy brand and software sales where always positive and kept the company afloat, but this is just crazy.

If I had enough money, I would buy some of Nintendo's shares.

Nintendo have only made one loss in their entire operating history I think. 2003 or 2004, don't recall which.

It's an unbelievable business achievement what they've managed to pull off in the last 2 years. Yamauchi went up a shitload of places in the listing of richest people in Japan due to his stock. He's the 3rd ranked in worth in all of Japan.

i dont know what they are planning with all this money but i think its big!

Excess Money = MORE GAMES! :yay:

Actually, that's the problem, I don't see any results from this. No complete online system, no new IPs, more "casual" games, even in the marketing department they're still a bit shy.

We'll see at E3 where they're going.

Actually, that's the problem, I don't see any results from this. No complete online system, no new IPs, more "casual" games, even in the marketing department they're still a bit shy.

We'll see at E3 where they're going.

yeah i see the same to. and its a bit worrying. but this is only the Wii but how mush would it be for the DS?

ok lets speculate: ds costs 125,- does nintendo make a profit of this gameconsole? and how mush would it be? put that vs the 21 Million Units sold so how mush would that be?

treu. only Sony and Microsoft already have this and they don't get 1,- out of there console in fact they are actually making loss at every sold console. and why would nintendo give the share holders such a crazy amount of money? sure they will get something but not this mush. also the R&D normally is payed from the money of the previous console. and lets not forget that Nintendo gets money for every game and hardware that is sold with it to.

According to page 128 of this scoreboard Nintendo invested about 100 million pounds in R&D and I had a look at prevous years, it seems to be pretty constant.

I'm really wondering how much money Ninty got on the bank but I guess they could even afford a console not to sell and still be in business.

On another note: I was also wondering where that money actually went. The Wiimote was planned as a GC add-on originally, the Wii is more or less an overclocked GC and I guess that graphics processor isn't all that great as well. (was looking for that nintendo on picture where it says I want to believe but couldn't find it)

Edit: nice to see you here again Maiky

Value is an ambiguous term. If Microsoft were to buy any of the two (and no, not even Microsoft has close to the amount of money necessary), they'd have to pay an almost equal amount for the two. It doesn't mean Nintendo has as much money as Sony, which likely isn't the case yet. It does mean that Nintendo is very healthy for its size; a large total share value usually means that fewer of the company's rescources are payed with loans and such, which is a good thing as there's little interest to be payed.

• 3 months later...
They're planning on keeping it for theirselves, don't think they are going to treat us with it.

the chances are pretty high indeed that they will do that Knowing that the profits of the NES and Game Boy all got banked. but i do think Nintendo did it right. after a few years of reserving rent of it they had enough money for R&D for the DS and Wii

the chances are that nintendo will do the same for future products