NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Pro Evolution 2008

Owen did yo play on wide cam. Ramar the GK's are a joke! hit the ball with power and they push it straight out to the incoming striker or push the ball into the net. Even on Top Player it is easy too score as the GK's cant catch the damn ball!

I only played friends 360 version for few hours as I gotta wait till Winning Eleven 2008 is released in japan but this is the first time in 4 years that I am considering not buying WE/PES. People are not gonna like this but hey I can't believe that I am not enjoying WE/PES like I did before.

The speed on 360 version does my head in and I cant get past it. it is like pinball soccer. Dribbling is bit easy, messi and ronaldinho are just crazy. I have yet to see this Teamvision Konami talk about and it seems like a gimmick. Have any of you played multi-player yet? me and friend are getting scores of 5-3, 4-4, 4-3 etc. defenders seem to just leave open space for no good reason.

another annoyance which has been in PES since PSone days is still there. you do through-ball to somebody, the defenders are all over the place, he's on his own but instead of running he walks towards the ball. He waits until the defenders are in better positions, and then for the last ten feet of the run, he speeds up. CPU Cheats still seem to be in the game! ML still basically the same which is pisses me off! Unless WE2008 is slower paced with better GK's I think I am gonna leave it this year.

Oh and online sucks at the moment. crazy lag and why the FCUK does everyone pick Barcelona or Inter Milan.

WE/PES needs to be ripped up and started again from scratch or it is never gonna progress.

Rant over...

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/25-10-2007-6754.html

ITs £20 on Gamestations website if you buy another xbox 360 Stanglehold is also £20 if you buy another game so you can get both for £40.

Got the game, and I'm liking it. Spent some time doing the Villa kit, all I did was take a photo of my brother's shirt and put it on. Looks good, though. Pity that your player looks awful when you put your face on, can't make it good.

Had a 2-player with my brother earlier as well. Fucked up and lost 5-3 when I was leading 3-2 up until the 87th minute, but it was brilliant.

C'mon, let's play sometime. :D

Got the game, and I'm liking it. Spent some time doing the Villa kit, all I did was take a photo of my brother's shirt and put it on. Looks good, though. Pity that your player looks awful when you put your face on, can't make it good.

Had a 2-player with my brother earlier as well. Fucked up and lost 5-3 when I was leading 3-2 up until the 87th minute, but it was brilliant.

C'mon, let's play sometime. :D

thats the problem me and mate were finding. the 5-3 scores! It is like PES has gone all arcade.

thats the problem me and mate were finding. the 5-3 scores! It is like PES has gone all arcade.

Not exactly, it was one match. And it was my fault for letting him get the equaliser, after that, I couldn't be bothered. It should've been 6-3, but he missed a penalty in injury time.

PES was never very realistic to begin with, let's be honest.

Mikey are you not gonna even rent it? lol honestly mate I really think unless Seabass creates a whole new engine from scratch things are not gonna change. people may prefer PES gameplay over FIFA but FIFA 08 is the more realistic game for sure.

My brother got the PS2 version earlier so I can only really talk about the 20 minutes I had with it.

First impressions were obviously going through the menus- well, the main menu is different but after that it's the exact same thing we've been going through since Pro Evo 4 (at least).. same fonts, same layouts.. would it hurt to freshen it up a bit even if it has no bearing on the actual playing itself?

So, we get to team selection and I do my usual tinkering with Liverpool (at least until I can get it saved on a memory card) and the match begins..

Thank goodness it is no longer Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking- they were awful. The new commentary is better, with Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson, but still hardly ground breaking :heh:

Enough about all that, though. We all know Pro Evolution Soccer has always been about the gameplay. Well, 2008 is no different.. no really, it's no different.. (basically). Perhaps the passing is tweaked a little, as is the shooting, but I definitely got the impression that it was Pro Evo 6.1 (not helped by the fact that the game looks exactly the same also) ..I mean, if it wasn't for the slight change in look to the boxes the names are in at the bottom of the screen, you probably couldn't tell you were looking at a different game!

Anyway, it's still Pro and it's still great fun to play but I hope the Wii version can provide something different to complement this version. Maybe I will have different views after a few more matches, but currently what I see is that if you own a PS2 and a copy of PES6, I don't yet see any earth-shattering reason to upgrade..

Hehehe, I was playing as Barca versus Read Madrid and Robben did a dive in the box and the ref gave him a yellow for it. First "lol" since it's Robben and also that is a nice feature.

Since when did 5-3 become unobtainable score for a match? And considering it was a multiplayer match what do you expect, no one is a robot and can have a completely solid defence.

Like I beat one guy on Live 4-0, then lost 3-2 in the very last minute to another guy. Just because you get a high score in one game doesn't mean "LIKE Z0MG ARCADE!!111" it means there was a lot of goals scored, thats all. If scores of 13-10 were happening for every match then I'd say you had a point, but its not that way so you don't.

Mikey are you not gonna even rent it?

No, I tried the demo, it's the same shite as always.

I can buy games for like 1 or 2 pounds from Amazon second hand, fuck renting.

Since when did 5-3 become unobtainable score for a match? And considering it was a multiplayer match what do you expect, no one is a robot and can have a completely solid defence.

Like I beat one guy on Live 4-0, then lost 3-2 in the very last minute to another guy. Just because you get a high score in one game doesn't mean "LIKE Z0MG ARCADE!!111" it means there was a lot of goals scored, thats all. If scores of 13-10 were happening for every match then I'd say you had a point, but its not that way so you don't.

Er I don't expect 5-3 games on a regular basis. you may like this but I think this should not be happening. It seems defenders seem to just leave open space. Like I said the GK's pushing the ball out or into the nets does help.

you had any strange things happen online yet like ball vanishing or game just stopping for 5 seconds.

Pity that your player looks awful when you put your face on, can't make it good.

That's just waiting for a joke to be made about. :heh:

Getting it today, can't wait! Won't be able to play multiplayer until tomorrow though as I'm going home.

you had any strange things happen online yet like ball vanishing or game just stopping for 5 seconds.

Had some pretty severe lag when I played a guy in Spain. Pure lagged for two of his goals. Hoping they'll sort it pretty soon.

Anyone know where I can get a good option file for PES 2008 on PS2? Or is it too early to be asking?

I have not seen any files yet. I will be about a week I think before fully completed OF appear.

Just got the game today and I find it much easier to score goals! Which is good news I guess. Not too different to PES6 though.....But overall I do like the feel of the game. Bit slicker IMO, more arcadey feel which I think I prefer.

Yeah Pc version was lead version. They should have hired more people. Its amazing how tight some game's budgets are.

IMO they should patch the PS3 version. The replays have horrible slowdown. Its like they didnt have time to sort out the visual bugs.

I am the sort of person who sees the positives more than the negatives in games. And there are a lot of positives with this.

I'm loving it. I'm owning the Master League and have got Villa's kits very similar to the real thing.

Maybe I'll play one of yow lot over Live one day and pwn you. :smile:

I think it's safe to say I absolutely love this game and Barcelona are just too good in it.

Had some great games earlier this evening. Most the games were relatively high scoring, but nothing major. In the last one we went into extra time at 2-2. I scored 2 in quick succession after the restart. After 20 minutes I thought I had it won when my friend got one back. He then went onto miss an absolute sitter, then score a screamer from outside the box. In the 29th minute I got a free kick just outside the centre circle, so there was nothing to do but go for it. I hit the cross bar with a Perotta special.

What a game that was, it was an hour ago and I'm still buzzing. :heh:

Just had a couple of good games too.

Playing as the mighty Arsenal in all my matches:

Beat United 1-0. Rosicky with a header from a Cesc corner.

Then I beat Aston Villa 3-1. I put them ahead through a Gallas own goal but then I equalised through Adebayor, then Cesc made it 2-1 and Flamini put the icing on the cake with a late screamer.

I only play on Regular, because I'm a n00b. :P

Too much uni work has bogged me down so I haven't played it in a few days.

Owen did yo play on wide cam

Sorry for replying so late but I have no-idea. :D

My bro told me the other day, the lag seems to happen when watching replays, thats about it.

I doubt his played online yet, but i'll make him today and see if theres any lag on that.