NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Pro Evolution 2008

Most of the problems could be fixed easily with use of the analog sticks and triggers. They just refuse to change it though.

lol, don't get me started on the fucking penalties.

You only move the stick in whichever direction you want to dive to save a penalty. That's where you went wrong. :wink:

lol, don't get me started on the fucking penalties.

LOL the total 100% CPU assisted Penalties which the human player has no control over. you might aswell wear a blindfold and hit the shoot button.

Ramar, having the human player control the speed and direction of the pass and shot is not hard to do though. It works in FIFA very well you know. the problem mikey has like me is that the flaws in PES 2008 are the same flaws that have been in the PSone games. It seems like Seabass thinks his game is near perfect and these flaws don't exist.

Read GamesTM review of both games and they sum it up like this. If you want goal fest end to end action at a frantic pace then PES 2008 is the game for you. If you want a realistic footy simulation than go for FIFA 08

PES 2008 7/10, FIFA 08 8/10.

Ramar, having the human player control the speed and direction of the pass and shot is not hard to do though. It works in FIFA very well you know.

Last time I checked I controlled the direction of my pass. But I guess it was the CPU rolling the ball out to Clichy who tucked it into Gallas, then to Cesc, to Flamini, to Hleb, to Adebayor and then to Van Persie to tuck it away. And the power bar, I guess they added that for novelty value. Nice, looks pretty.

Tbh thing that puts me off Fifa is the ridiculous end of game feature where if you're attacking game continues regardless of whether time is up.

Actually getting into this now. Realised why I was so bad and sorted it, so now I'm actually winning a bit :D

Anybody got any tips on crossing? Both in open play and from Corners / Free kicks. All my Set Plays get headered away without a chance, so it's almost a waste even putting it in, and when I get to the byline it usually ends up caught by the keeper.

Again, you are not getting full control over the ball. Double tapping X and having the ball go faster isn't total control. There are different strengths, but it's still all digital. Things like wanting to chip a short ball with back spin are impossible in PES, because the control system just doesn't have the depth. Even the manual aspects of PES are dreadful, and limited. The entire gameplay engine needs to be scrapped, and started over.

PES 2008 Wii

BELIEVE

Been achievement hunting this weekend. Unlocked these over the last two days.

Silver Service

Gentleman

World Traveller

Owner

Goal Getter

Long Ranger

England League Dominated

Going for the 100 matches now, my plan is to do the leagues while I do it and kill two birds with one stone.

Just ordered this as its only 19.99 on Play, havent owned a Pro Evo game since 5. Shame I heard that its crap online but as I dont have a pc in my room at the moment I cant get on Live anyway