NEurope
KKOB

Bioshock

I'm going to buy the game when it's cheaper. I'm not desperately gagging for it, and I've got a lot of DVDs to go through at the mo (plus Halo 3 soon, and WoW! Eeek!).

But it looks really good.

To be honest I don't expect everyone to get on with this game, and I can imagine quite a few people being 'decieved' by the hype train and then condemning the game for not being what they imagined it to be even if it is nothing but true to itself.

Yeah its still quite a good game just not an excellent one for me. I prefer Halo alot more to this. The adventure aspect feels basic and the combat just is abit plain feeling.

Just played the PC demo (thanks to steam). It's pretty good, but from that I haven't really found anything special about it. It looks great, sure, but I don't think the setting, level design and gameplay are as good a Prey.

I may get it when it's cheaper, like I did with Prey.

Well, I wasn't planning to speed run it per se, just play it at my own leisure until either i fell asleep or i finished it. >_>

Besides, I think it's closer to 15 hours.

15 hours for you maybe. Thats 20-25 for me. I take stupidly long to beat games.

I spent like 2 hours chasing the stupid cat in Twilight Princess. :blush:

just got minne at 7. postie woke me during a dream. tin is nice, i only got that, the figure, and a slimline dvdcase. no artwork. is that right?

Just played the PC demo (thanks to steam). It's pretty good, but from that I haven't really found anything special about it. It looks great, sure, but I don't think the setting, level design and gameplay are as good a Prey.

Hahahahaha.

No. Just no. Unless Giant Vagina doors are your forte.

just got minne at 7. postie woke me during a dream. tin is nice, i only got that, the figure, and a slimline dvdcase. no artwork. is that right?

Yep. I think so.

You on about lack of art work book? Cos there's that pdf you can download.

Did yours come via a van? My postie has just been and only brought one letter with him *pulls out hair in anguish*

Yep. I think so.

Did yours come via a van? My postie has just been and only brought one letter with him *pulls out hair in anguish*

Mine wasn't dispatched from Gameplay. Just has the same (-) from a couple of days ago.

Got mine today, even though it was posted Tues along with Blue Dragon (Got that yesterday), Don't see why they Didn't come together, damn postman and their stupid problems!

At the mo it rest nicely on my bed, all wrapped still. I'm pondering if I should open or not, Persona 3 is just too awesome to stop playing!

Yep. I think so.

the artwork might be in the tin.

Royal Mail Van

the artwork might be in the tin.

Royal Mail Van

No, they released a downloadable free PDF on their website, but if you bought the special limited edition in the US or Canada and your Big Daddy broke, you send it to them and get a free hard bound printed copy of it, and a new Big Daddy figure.

bioshock_le.jpg

Ill check inside the 2 wrapped cases to see if the posters and stickers are there

No, there's no art book in the tin either, just a "Making of" DVD and soundtrack EP as extras. As Takeo said, the art book is available for download as a .pdf file. I've heard it contains some spoilerish material though, so I advise that you don't read until you've completed the game. The only way you can get a printed version of the art book is if your Big Daddy figurine is broken, they send you one for compensation whilst your figurines being replaced/fixed.

And as for my LE of Bioshock, I haven't got it yet either, though my post is usually quite late. I've got to head out to work in 40 mins too. ¬¬

EDIT: Takeo beat me to it, lol. :P and that pic is only an artists impression of what the LE could have been like...

No, there's no art book in the tin either, just a "Making of" DVD and soundtrack EP as extras. As Takeo said, the art book is available for download as a .pdf file. I've heard it contains some spoilerish material though, so I advise that you don't read until you've completed the game. The only way you can get a printed version of the art book is if your Big Daddy figurine is broken, they send you one for compensation whilst your figurines being replaced/fixed.

And as for my LE of Bioshock, I haven't got it yet either, though my post is usually quite late. I've got to head out to work in 40 mins too. ¬¬

EDIT: Takeo beat me to it, lol. :P and that pic is only an artists impression of what the LE could have been like...

Indeed, that was an outline of what could've been included. People voted on what they wanted in the special edition and the 3 most requested things were included.

I just got mine and my word is it beautiful.

Not sure if i should play it now or later when it gets dark . . . .

hahahaha, lol.

hahahaha' date=' lol.[/quote']

What's so funny about finding the game too similar?

It's like me saying to you Mario Sunshine has a better level design than Mario 64.

Guys you know that bioshock is currently rated the best game in the world, yes?

What's so funny about finding the game too similar?

Nothing at all, I agree with you. I also found the demo a little too cinematic.

Mine came in the post this morning, I've spent half my time stroking the tin! (Ok maybe not entirely true)

Been such a goon though, I replaced my electro plasmid thingy with the incinerator one instead of putting it in a slot next to it and haven't realised this until I've gone further on and got telekinesis - am I able to go back and get it from right at the beginning? I'm really missing it but part of me just can't be arsed!

Well thank you Gameplay. Mine hasn't been sent out because payment failed. I wasn't informed until I talked to someone online who told me I wont be receiving this as they are now out of stock. Brilliant.

Postie came this morning at half 11 and I heard the doorbell ring but I was half asleep. Now why didn't my mum get it I don't know.

But I wonder which version it is..

Mine wasn't dispatched from Gameplay. Just has the same (-) from a couple of days ago.

It states that for both Blue Dragon and Bioshock (steelcase) with me. I preordered back in March, no-idea whats happened.

I may just get it from a shop tomorrow and pick up the CE with figure.

Bioshock is pure awesomeness on a disk.

Ive been playing since about half nine this morning... and i must say i love this game. Big Daddys kick arse... they seriously will not go down without a fight but they are much easyer once you have got some more plasmids.

Oh and i love hacking the bots and such, it makes some fights much easyer when you have a few bots kicking the splicers arses.