NEurope
KKOB

Bioshock

I'm up to Fort Frolic and I am loving the experience so far. I have prolonged the game as much as I can, not because I am worried about length but because I cherish every moment in Rapture and backtracking and exploring are just as good as accelerating the story.

Word of advice for any about to play it, turn off the guide arrow. Exploration makes the game and following a preditermined path is not as great as finding your own way through at your own pace. The map tells you where you need to go, where you have been and where you haven't, so you won't be lost without the arrow.

Another piece of advice, don't look at the achievements on the internet. Those secret achievements are secret for a reason.

I kinda like the guide arrow. The whole thing being non-linear and all, it's nice to know where you should eventually be getting around to, even if you do muck around searching cabinets and secret rooms for a while. Rapture can be pretty overwhelming, at least for me (I like to see everything!), so the arrow and the Y-button hint and especially the mission blurbs, which are very handy if you get lost, they give some structure to the whole thing.

Ideally, these sort of safeguards would be in every game this size.

I'm just looking for the last Little Sister in Fort Frolic, which there isn't any help with!

Then back to to work tomorrow :(

I'm just looking for the last Little Sister in Fort Frolic, which there isn't any help with!

Just keep following the Big Daddy's when they go to knock on one of the ducts. I'm sure you'll find the last Little Sister eventually. ^^

I might start this again tonight/tomorrow for the next ending, plus I missed a few areas in each district, and I know I must've missed a few audio diarys.

Just played a couple of hours, would continue but i feel verrrrrrrry tired :(. Just about to go and that camera. Taken down 3 big daddies, harvested all the little sisters... I plan to save NONE of them :p

i have saved all the little sisters so far getting good rewards for doing it as well

near the end now nooooo :( will defo complete again thou

I kinda like the guide arrow. The whole thing being non-linear and all, it's nice to know where you should eventually be getting around to, even if you do muck around searching cabinets and secret rooms for a while. Rapture can be pretty overwhelming, at least for me (I like to see everything!), so the arrow and the Y-button hint and especially the mission blurbs, which are very handy if you get lost, they give some structure to the whole thing.

Ideally, these sort of safeguards would be in every game this size.

Then back to to work tomorrow :(

True. But the map tells you where you are supposed to being going without forcing it upon you.

Its like racing games saying "You're going the wrong way". No You're going the wrong way.

Bioshock gets the balance between freedom and structure perfect. You are encouraged to explore but you never feel lost or somewhere that you shouldn't be.

Could someone please tell me whether or not Bioshock will run well on my computer? If it helps I can run Doom 3 at 1024x768 on High (Jesus, it's been a long time since I bought a PC game...). I don't wanna buy a 360, especially with college starting and my purse strings drawn tightly shut.

My specs:

Intel Core Duo 4000 2GHz

1GB RAM

8500GT

No broadband here, so no demo :(

OK I have this rather annoying problem with the game. It froze on me this morning and ever since it's been glitchy, it occasionally freezes for a second when there's alot of action on screen. This wouldn't worry me if it was on the PC but this is the 360 version.

Loool! I actually burst out laughing IRL at that, and then had a hard time explaining the joke to my sister :p

OK I have this rather annoying problem with the game. It froze on me this morning and ever since it's been glitchy, it occasionally freezes for a second when there's alot of action on screen. This wouldn't worry me if it was on the PC but this is the 360 version.

Are other games ok? If so try a different Bioshock disk.

Sounds like a cache issue to me. Try holding down LB and RB from booting the game to the end of the 2K logo, see if that sorts things out.

Sounds like a cache issue to me. Try holding down LB and RB from booting the game to the end of the 2K logo, see if that sorts things out.

Yes! Yes that worked! Thanks so much, I could make love to you right now.

How did you know that would work?

How did you know that would work?

Oblivion had a similar problem.

Texture pop-in on Unreal 3 based games can usually be sorted by resetting the cache; I imagine it's to do with how textures are streamed off the disk as opposed to all being loaded into RAM, presumably a method shared by Oblivion. Rainbow Six: Vegas is the worst offender I've seen, although it happens quite a bit in multiplayer Gears. I imagine all the different DVD drives that are used in 360s probably don't help matters.

Space Giraffe killed my brain :p

So, that means...my 360 saved my life!! :heh:

What's the best way to kill a big daddy on hard?

There just eating my ammo.

electric gel owns big daddys, takes about 50 ammo and keeps them stuck in place, you wont lose a drop of health :) and even better if u can get them into some water

*in love with Bioshock*

Bitch keeps stalling my 360 though :( It's done it 6 times since the game came out, twice yesterday and once today, grrrrrrr.

Maybe my 360 is on it's way to its death bed . . .

*in love with Bioshock*

Bitch keeps stalling my 360 though :( It's done it 6 times since the game came out, twice yesterday and once today, grrrrrrr.

Maybe my 360 is on it's way to its death bed . . .

I had it give me a disc read error the other day when I was loading from one area to another. It loads, then autosaves. It crashed before the autosave, and I lost 2 hours of play.

Then I went back and did those 2 hours again and I did everything differently. It's amazing that the whole "never the same experience twice" thing happens within only 2 hours of play.

And I think I'm nearing the end. It just gets better. But I have way too many resources. Full money almost constantly, high ammo and eve constantly. Playing through on Hard again should be alot better, assuming resources are more scarce rather than splicers just having more health.

I finally got this yesturday!

Fancy tin case too :D

Don't get to play 'till tonight though :/