NEurope
KKOB

Bioshock

I decided to start again. Just running around in circles trying to find this last little sister was annoying me.

So I started again and searched a bit more round the starting level, found an audio file which I didn't pick up the first time beause I didn't check there. Awesome.

What, so the whole length of the game is based around finding audio files? I doubt it wouldnt have made much different though as in all fairness there are only about 10 or so that a hid really well, the rest are pretty much blatant as they shine/shimmer and are in most the rooms you visit.

No, the length comes in the free exploration as you go along. You get given a goal to complete, but you look at the map and think, "Hmm, that little room is grey. I wonder whats in there?". But if you are using a guide telling you where you need to go you miss the exploration of it.

No, the length comes in the free exploration as you go along. You get given a goal to complete, but you look at the map and think, "Hmm, that little room is grey. I wonder whats in there?". But if you are using a guide telling you where you need to go you miss the exploration of it.

I suppose so but it still does explain why around 8 hours+ of gameplay was missing from my first run through. Im not having a go at this, as I said earlier its a common trend among new games and its really starting to bug me.

Gears of War was probably the worst culprit of recent times. When you can go through that type game in one sitting on your first go you know something is wrong, especially when you pay around £40-50 for a game.

I actually prefer short games because I get bored after a while. Zelda TP felt like it was never going to end it was so long. I'd much rather a game of Kameos length.

Started this earlier, and the graphics are unbelievable, it's atmospheric, but not really scary. Controls are good, and I'm enjoying just wandering about. But there is something about it that I didn't quite love. It might just be just getting bored of wandering around, as I tend to get like that after a while. I'm not good at gaming marathons.

I suppose so but it still does explain why around 8 hours+ of gameplay was missing from my first run through. Im not having a go at this, as I said earlier its a common trend among new games and its really starting to bug me.

Gears of War was probably the worst culprit of recent times. When you can go through that type game in one sitting on your first go you know something is wrong, especially when you pay around £40-50 for a game.

Yeah I agree on both points. While using a guide would definately shave a bit of time off, 8 hours seems excessive. Maybe your just really good? From what I read on here you play alot anyway :p And I do hate when games promise a certain game length only to fall way short. Like, you feel cheated when a 40 hour game is only 30, but if it had said it was 30 you woulda still bought it and not got that feeling at the end.

Just finished it and i´m very impressed kept me on edge most of the time but a part of it i found kinda stretched during the whole "go over there and do this, ZOMG TWIST! you have to go over here first to finish this" right before the end.

Got the save the little sisters ending and the last boss fight was very fun and how he died has left me scarred for life *shudder*

Got the save the little sisters ending and the last boss fight was very fun and how he died has left me scarred for life *shudder*

Did you enjoy the ending? I know its short but I think it was beautifully done.

Just finished it and i´m very impressed kept me on edge most of the time but a part of it i found kinda stretched during the whole "go over there and do this, ZOMG TWIST! you have to go over here first to finish this" right before the end.

how come bioshock isnt shown in your gamertag? :wtf:

The enemies regenerate don't they? That is something I really hate with games like this, especially when you want to freely explore and you can't because each time you walk in a room enemies are back in there. Also there isn't an unlimited supply of ammo.

The enemies regenerate don't they? That is something I really hate with games like this, especially when you want to freely explore and you can't because each time you walk in a room enemies are back in there. Also there isn't an unlimited supply of ammo.

The idea is they don't "regenerate" - new enemies wander in to that room. Rapture is supposed to be a living world, not revolving around the player. So sometimes when you go back to a room there will be a new enemy, sometimes there won't be. Depends on where they wandered too.

I have found the opposite to be true. I went back to explore the first two areas again and photo some Splicers and both areas where practically deserted.

Only time I have been happy to see a splicer.

I've had this game two days now and It's one of them games you really need to take your time to play...

I'm still on Neptunes Bounty and am just exploring, the game is un-real, I can understand when people have a dislike to it, but thats because they aren't taking the game in, I mean walk around the corner and you hear a thud and it turns out to be a big daddy in the other tube. The Atmosphere in this game is among the best I have experienced.

It's deffinatly one of those games you play when the night draws to a close and you fancy getting 1 or 2 hours in.

I'm having more fun with Blue Dragon than this...:heh:

Totally agree! I changed my Gamer Motto to reflect my feelings :)

The idea is they don't "regenerate" - new enemies wander in to that room. Rapture is supposed to be a living world, not revolving around the player. So sometimes when you go back to a room there will be a new enemy, sometimes there won't be. Depends on where they wandered too.

I guess that makes sense actually.

Did you enjoy the ending? I know its short but I think it was beautifully done.

Found it very moving

how come bioshock isnt shown in your gamertag? :wtf:

Played it on my PC

Well, I completed the game earlier today, bloody amazing! This game truly is a masterpiece. Although the last boss and the ending are quite disappointing. Ah well, methinks I'll play through the game again to get the good ending. :grin:

I'm loving this game. Speeding through it too. Doing an area a day, which, while nothing compared to some of the nerds on here (no offense, nerds are cool) is a fair bit of play time, especially considering the amount of backtracking and careful exploration I have been doing.

This game is like pixie juice, I just want to absorb it's fine crafted goodness.

I like the inane witterings the splicers jabber to themselves.

Also, completely off topic. Aimless is a true wordsmith, a king of the English language. He write word good.

Picked up the PC version on Steam earlier, just got through the tutorial level and had to stop for 2 reasons:

1, i'm tired

2, kinda scary with headphones! >_>

Thankfully, my machine runs it everything maxed out flawlessly. Although i see little difference between DX9 and 10 mode and the 360 version actually looks FAR better.

Thats good to hear, this game is reeeaaaalllly beautiful. Didn't play today, will make sure I do tomorrow, don't want it to turn into another of those games I don't play for ages and never get back into. I did that with F.E.A.R.

Seriously though, most high end PC's are generally more powerful than the 360.

We get worse pixel shading, worse water effects, no adjustment for Anti aliasing... Although it does run at 60 rather than 30fps that the 360 version has.

Seriously though, most high end PC's are generally more powerful than the 360.

We get worse pixel shading, worse water effects, no adjustment for Anti aliasing... Although it does run at 60 rather than 30fps that the 360 version has.

Yeah, I know, I'd expect the PC version to be better looking. Perhaps the 360 was the 'main' version of this.

I'm finding this game extremely scary...i never knew it was like this. No idea what i was expecting, but not this. :D

I'm not being negative.. but I give this game 8.8

I'm partially disappointed but thats because I had skyhig hopes.

It's a great game. But It's not the best gaming experience I'w had. I do have the feeling that I rushed trough it though. So I'm gonna take my time with it the second time.

I Love the Visuals and audio. But disappointed with the plasmid selection and other small things, like not being able to see how you have beefed up your character if your not near a genebank. The thing that bothers me most about the game is the no death penalty. You can even kill a big daddy with the rench if your vita chamber is nearby. This makes dieing totally ok, and takes away from the excitement of staying alive. You can't really die, No matter how hard you try. I played trough the game as a good guy on normal mode and found it to be way to easy.

Still a great game though. Worthy of being in any gamers collection and to be played trough for both endings.