NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

Hopefully on your laptop somewhere (or on the box it came in perhaps) you'll have an authentification code. If you validate and put that code in you should be fine. If it still doesn't work after that, someone else must have used your authentification code, and on detection of this it's decided that you are the one who stole it.

Its a windows update that is doing this. So everyday I turn it on after it secretly updates at night I have to go back a few days. Is there any way to sort this issue out?

Phone MS and tell them you're having authenication problems, explain what happens. They should be able to sort it out from their end easily enough.

They will reauthorize you there and then. Just explain its happening despite you doing nothing odd. They will be suspicious you are a pirate perhaps but dont worry.

Check that it's not a phishing scam, are you definitely being redirected to microsoft.com? If it's a scam you have malware issue.

Hopefully on your laptop somewhere (or on the box it came in perhaps) you'll have an authentification code. If you validate and put that code in you should be fine. If it still doesn't work after that, someone else must have used your authentification code, and on detection of this it's decided that you are the one who stole it.

Not if you have the sticker with the code on your computer, or have they changed that?

It's not a Vista problem, either the driver or the hardware is nackered. There shouldn't be any new laptops shipping with compatability issues.

To be frank it does sound pretty disgraceful, the main reason to buy a pre-built machine is because the manufacturer should have the kinks ironed out. If there isn't an update on their website and they don't have a solution then i'd send it straight back...

Sent it back - got a replacement all is fine now. Thanks for the advice, t'was doing my napper in!

I wonder if anyone can help.

A few years ago I bought a laptop which was in the time frame of buy it and get a free upgrade to vista.

I just want to know if there is any way to fresh install vista onto the machine which is as simple as possible to do.

And if I can sell a Toshiba P100-208 anywhere to anyone.