NEurope

Oh. Apparently my unlimited internet has a 1GB limit. And 3 are claiming that I've reached it.

N-Europe Forums (Mobile Theme), Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader and Emails (all four are just text) shouldn't use up that much no matter how long they're on.

Edited by Cube

Oh. Apparently my unlimited internet has a 1GB limit. And 3 are claiming that I've reached it.

N-Europe Forums (Mobile Theme), Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader and Emails (all four are just text) shouldn't use up that much no matter how long they're on.

3 are fuckers for things like that.

Hmm I'm not sure as I believe its individuals thats been doing it, not the company so I'm not sure how responsible a company may be for the act of individuals...but worth a try.

Well, so far it seems to be a mistake, as I haven't been cut off.

If they do then I've got plenty of things to say about it, and make up some stuff (like "You can't limit our internet if you refuse to inform us of our current usage")

It's still unlimited, they don't limit how much data you can use. All they're doing is limiting the amount you can use inside of your contract allowance ;)

Not that I agree with it. I think it's disgusting that Trading Standards and OFCOM haven't put an end to this "unlimited" rubbish.

I signed up for a beta of a new text input software. You basically draw a squiggle over the keys you want to use and it fills it in for you.

The official site is here.

Edited by Cube

Screw the Touch Pro, with HTC the Hero is the way to go. Android is awesome.

I have an Android phone, and while Android is neat (flashy, market full of useless apps so you too can pretend to be cool like people with iPhones), I would highly recommend getting a decent Windows mobile phone if you want to watch videos at all. Android's video performance is absolutely terrible compared to Windows Mobile, even if only because you can get CorePlayer on Windows Mobile.

Also, I like physical keyboards, and the Touch Pro 2 has apparently the best keyboard of any device. Windows Mobile lacks polish, but HTC do a good job of tarting it up these days.

If you couldn't give a shit about playing videos, and you don't care about a physical keyboard, Android handsets are a pretty fine option

Edited by RoadKill

Does anyone know when the t-mobile/orange merger is meant to take place? My contract expires on 12/2/10 but I can upgrade from 12th Jan, I want an iphone, but as things stand would have to quite t-mobile to do so and my network coverage is appalling around work so would rather move to vodafone or orange who seem to have better coverage round my area. Can I cancel my contract from 12th Jan rather than upgrade and then would just pay last months bill as usual on 12th Feb?

Can't wait to get a new phone, my LG Viewty broke ages ago and would have cost way to much to repair so being using an old nokia ever since:

Does anyone know when the t-mobile/orange merger is meant to take place? My contract expires on 12/2/10 but I can upgrade from 12th Jan, I want an iphone, but as things stand would have to quite t-mobile to do so and my network coverage is appalling around work so would rather move to vodafone or orange who seem to have better coverage round my area. Can I cancel my contract from 12th Jan rather than upgrade and then would just pay last months bill as usual on 12th Feb?

Can't wait to get a new phone, my LG Viewty broke ages ago and would have cost way to much to repair so being using an old nokia ever since:

As far as I know you can cancel a contract at any time but you have to pay the full term of the contract (ie the bills that are remaining) and upgrade dates don't count

As far as I know you can cancel a contract at any time but you have to pay the full term of the contract (ie the bills that are remaining) and upgrade dates don't count

so if I cancelled it next month with a month to go I'd just have a month to pay...

That sounds about right. I recently phoned orange to sort out my mums christmas present off me (Genio). I was transferring credit bought with the phone to her old number. He told me the takeover is happening very soon. He insisted it was a takeover not a merger, I was like wtf ok. He also said they're taking over another network but couldn't tell me as it was still in talks. My guess is 3 as o2 and vodaphone seem too big for orange to take them over.

I'm thinking about getting the HTC HD2 phone either tomorrow or thursday. Did some looking about and it seems to be the best smartphone on the market that is not an iphone.

A lot of people have slated it for its windows OS but that doesn't bother me really. Has anyone got the HD2? What do you think?

My mother got herself a SE W995 a while ago and wants to transfer her old videos from her Nokia N95 to it. Both use mp4 files, so why no workey?

Or, does anyone know a convertor?

I'm thinking about getting the HTC HD2 phone either tomorrow or thursday. Did some looking about and it seems to be the best smartphone on the market that is not an iphone.

A lot of people have slated it for its windows OS but that doesn't bother me really. Has anyone got the HD2? What do you think?

I've been toying with the idea of getting one if I stay with t-mobile if there coverage will improve where I work....

That sounds about right. I recently phoned orange to sort out my mums christmas present off me (Genio). I was transferring credit bought with the phone to her old number. He told me the takeover is happening very soon. He insisted it was a takeover not a merger, I was like wtf ok. He also said they're taking over another network but couldn't tell me as it was still in talks. My guess is 3 as o2 and vodaphone seem too big for orange to take them over.

3?! no way... 3 have a huge market (especially in mobile internet)..

Flamey I don't think you need to leave t-mobile. I know someone who's contract was up and they threatened to leave, and was then offered the Iphone, which was subsequently jail broken. So its likely you can pull off the same stunt.

Me personally I'm considering the milestone.

If through the merger we are forced to use the orange online system I will leave t-mobi altogether. Orange have the worst online services imaginable.

Flamey I don't think you need to leave t-mobile. I know someone who's contract was up and they threatened to leave, and was then offered the Iphone, which was subsequently jail broken. So its likely you can pull off the same stunt.

Me personally I'm considering the milestone.

If through the merger we are forced to use the orange online system I will leave t-mobi altogether. Orange have the worst online services imaginable.

Yeah I've heard they will do that but only on £75 contract...the biggest issue really is the lack of signal at and around work...I have friends on O2,vodafone and Orange who don't have the issues I have...

I'd have to agree with that. For me T-mobile is probably the equivalent of being on AT & T in the US.

I'd have to agree with that. For me T-mobile is probably the equivalent of being on AT & T in the US.

yeah...I can upgrade from 12th Jan so will just ring and say I don't wish to upgrade and want to have the last month of my service before cancelling. Then when I get paid 15th Jan will get my shiny new iphone on either O2 or Orange...orange have the biggest 3G network right?

Edited by flameboy

3?! no way... 3 have a huge market (especially in mobile internet)..

Dunno, that was just my guess :P, I can't really see it being any supermarket ones so who do you think it might be? I only said 3 because hardly anyone I know is on it and it does seem like a smaller network compared to the likes of o2 and vodaphone. Also what sombody said about orange's internet, yea it is a bit naff so this could back up the 3 takeover i'm guessing. Since 3 have a good mobile internet market maybe Orange want it :P.

Also to answer flameboy, I do think orange have the biggest 3g coverage, there are signs everywhere here advertising it. I myself want the n900, I know it's not mainly a phone but it appeals to me xD.

The best 3g coverage is actually 3 I think. But here are some pretty maps:

3:

3-map.jpg

Orange:

orange-map.jpg#

T-mobile:

t-mobile-map.jpg

O2:

o2-map.jpg

Please note that the original article was written back in July and services could have significantly improved since then.

Might as well add Vodafone:

vodafone-map.jpg

Although it seems like someone ran out of red paint ;)

Edited by Ten10
You know when spelling add how the s is close to the d....

Omg o2 and vodaphone's coverage on those maps is awful, looks like they were running short on both blue and red paint :P. I knew there was another reason to justify my hating of o2 other than the fact they tried to rob me blind for a repair. But yea I think it may have changed recently, as if you know anyone on orange they will tell you that it's been bad lately. The network has been going down a lot. The person at orange told me this was down to them upgrading their 3g system ready for the t-mobile takeover.

well based on that map I'll be getting an Orange iphone 3GS come next year screw tmobile and their god awful coverage.

3 has the best coverage because they have their own network infrastructure for wireless internet. They also have a considerable power over mobile phone contracts because they have the least "strictness" in regards to credit scoring (giving them a bigger market share)

Their internet speeds are also dramatically better. Which when speeds are limited (like in places where I live) it makes all the damn difference. And not forgetting that 3g has a linkage to internet speeds via your mobile phone.. as a "mobile broadband" dongle is basically the same thing as a mobile phone minus the device interface. You can text and make calls too.

I thought 3 had some sort of alliance with Carphonewarehouse anyway...?

(its pretty laughable, looking at the other companies northern Ireland coverage!!! nil!! they forgot we exist?!)

Edited by Raining_again