N-Europe

Soul Calibur IV

Retro_Link

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone received the game from GAME? My mate just got it with no extra stuff? :S

Is it not like with metal gear where they said you a postcard and you got and collect the extras from your nearest store?

I wouldn't know for sure though as I cancelled my SCIV preorder.

Just finished the games story mode with Yoda... in 15 minutes :/ because in the first few stages you fight lots of characters there are only 5 stages! in Normal mode at least, Yoda is... ok... he didn't feel overpowered so much as cheap, he's the ideal noob character basically.

The story narative while plain was amusing and Yoda's one liners, entertaining they were :heh: wtching the credits roll now for the first time I'm a bit underwhelmed tbh, this will probably change once I play as one of the "proper" characters. :smile:

I've now finished the story mode once and I'm still waiting for the game to "start" kinda ironic...

The end theme is suitably epic though. ^^

Just finished the games story mode with Yoda... in 15 minutes :/ because in the first few stages you fight lots of characters there are only 5 stages! in Normal mode at least, Yoda is... ok... he didn't feel overpowered so much as cheap, he's the ideal noob character basically.

The story narative while plain was amusing and Yoda's one liners, entertaining they were :heh: wtching the credits roll now for the first time I'm a bit underwhelmed tbh, this will probably change once I play as one of the "proper" characters. :smile:

I've now finished the story mode once and I'm still waiting for the game to "start" kinda ironic...

The end theme is suitably epic though. ^^

Isn't there a sort of 'adventure' mode like in SC2 where you can change your weapons etc?

SC isn't a single player game. Not sure what you want from an arcade conversion...

But Soul Calibur II did have a massive single player mode.

In some ways I am glad I have cancelled my preorder, as I don't really have anyone to play with at home and if the online isn't great then I won't be missing out. Also will take time for people to realise whether or not the characters are unbalanced so can read peoples views before I decide.

Guest Jordan
Anyone received the game from GAME? My mate just got it with no extra stuff? :S

Apparently they had a limited amount of them :-/

Apparently they had a limited amount of them :-/

Fair enough then, but i think the site didn't mention limited availabilty of extras, so expect a few people to complain. Just gotta wait until i get home to see if it has been delivered or not today.

hmmm I'm perhaps glad I had to cancel my preorder because of lack of money! See how things balance out after people have played it for a while.

I've had to cancel my preorder due to lack of funds and all the games i want in october/november as well!

I have SC2..so i play that for my fighting fix!

Just got this from town today. Local indie stores FTW! The bloke's taken down my mobile number and a list of games i want over the coming months, i'll now get a text when they come is stock so i can pick em up before release day :D

Only exception is stuff like GTAIV, where there's a huge legal threat hanging over release.

Guest Jordan

I just got an email from Game, they say they are sending out all limited edition box things tonight and you should get them tomorrow.

I just got an email from Game, they say they are sending out all limited edition box things tonight and you should get them tomorrow.

I got the same email as well, lovely jubbley. Still, got the game now and going to get some practice in before going online over the weekend.

I got the same email as well, lovely jubbley. Still, got the game now and going to get some practice in before going online over the weekend.

Same I got the same e-mail and I will be getting practice in before going online over the weekend! :P

First impressions of the game

Amazing sound to the game, awesome graphics and Yoda's quotes are quite humorous as well. I think i need more practice as the Apprentice is powerful and hardly gives you a chance at times. Still with that said, I'm very impressed with the game so far.

First impressions of the game

Amazing sound to the game, awesome graphics and Yoda's quotes are quite humorous as well. I think i need more practice as the Apprentice is powerful and hardly gives you a chance at times. Still with that said, I'm very impressed with the game so far.

...But is there a nice, long single player mode? :(

...But is there a nice, long single player mode? :(

It was mentioned above:

Just finished the games story mode with Yoda... in 15 minutes :/ because in the first few stages you fight lots of characters there are only 5 stages! in Normal mode at least, Yoda is... ok... he didn't feel overpowered so much as cheap, he's the ideal noob character basically

Guest Jordan

Audio settings... obviously.

But you'll lose Yoda's awesome English voice in the process.

EDIT: Read the question wrong, yes they did keep the Japanese voices... but like i said Yoda's English voice is bad ass and you'll get the shitty Japanese one.