N-Europe

Soul Calibur IV

Retro_Link

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Bonus Character - Kamikirimusi designed by guest artist Hirokazu Hisayuki(My-Otome, My-HiME and Gear Fighter Dendoh)

Kamikirimusi is a new female bonus character purportedly designed by Mai HIME artist Hirokazu Hisayuki in the upcoming Soul Calibur IV. Given her Japanese garb, her horns, and the spiked club she carries it is thought that she is an "Oni." In Japanese folklore, Oni are demons that could be best approximated to ogres or trolls in Western folklore (Oni are typically male, large, and ugly). Oni also traditionally wear tiger-striped loincloths, which Kamikirimusi seems to forgo in favor of more civilized attire.

Little is known about her yet (pending translation of the article scan), though it appears she may be using Siegfried's fighting style.

Her name can be broken into three separate Japanese words: Kami ([神] god, lower-case g), Kiri ([斬] slash) and Mushi ([蝕] erode or eclipse).

1215437160865rt7.jpg

1286_0013.jpg

1286_0014.jpg

1286_0015.jpg

1286_0016.jpg

1286_0017.jpg

1286_0018.jpg

1286_0019.jpg

Ivy getting arse fisted! :o

1286_0009.jpg

Guest Jordan

Holy shit a Mai Otome/HiME style character? Shame she looks crap when rendered.

I really, really want this game. Does this have the largest SC roster? I swear SC3's was bigger.

Guest Jordan

Soul Calibur requires a good analouge stick and i prefer the 360 joypad. That and Yoda > Darth tbh.

Soul Calibur requires a good analouge stick and i prefer the 360 joypad. That and Yoda > Darth tbh.

Ok. I like yoda, but i can't help but think vader is more cool! lol

You do have a good point about the analouge stick though. With the install file being abit on the big side i was thinkin of the 360 just coz of the memory size of the consoles i have which is 360 (120GB) and PS3 (40GB). I can't see me upgrading my PS3 memory and i'm not going to use all that space on the 360....

I'll decide when it comes out, lol.

Ok. I like yoda, but i can't help but think vader is more cool! lol

You do have a good point about the analouge stick though. With the install file being abit on the big side i was thinkin of the 360 just coz of the memory size of the consoles i have which is 360 (120GB) and PS3 (40GB). I can't see me upgrading my PS3 memory and i'm not going to use all that space on the 360....

I'll decide when it comes out, lol.

Someone has to get it on the PS3!! If it's a selling point, the PS3 cover looks better :heh:, besides, I'd love to play some people on the forums on this.

Less than two weeks for some Xianghua ownage!!1!11

Someone has to get it on the PS3!! If it's a selling point, the PS3 cover looks better :heh:, besides, I'd love to play some people on the forums on this.

Less than two weeks for some Xianghua ownage!!1!11

I'm getting it on PS3 do I have ur psn id?

Great, I'll add you (just realised your sig too ::shrug:).

Been playing some SC II just to kick back ahead of the release for this, excellent stuff. I hope this brings that 'something' back that was kind of missing in SC III (not that it wasn't a great game, but I believe it is the worse in the series so far).

Been playing some SC II just to kick back ahead of the release for this, excellent stuff. I hope this brings that 'something' back that was kind of missing in SC III (not that it wasn't a great game, but I believe it is the worse in the series so far).

Same here!

It would be nice but I wouldn't hold your breath, I heard that they have messed with the characters a bit too much, tried to balance out the overpowered ones and made them worse, I'm still buying it though and I reserve actual judgement until I play it. :smile:

But yeah, SCII was epic and a game that can somehow recreate that same feeling but better would be a stunning achievement for the series, so here hoping. ^^

Guest Jordan

I played the crap outta Soul Calibur XBLA to get all 200 points out of it. I never played much of SCIII at all... Hmph.

I really am looking foward to this game though. Couple of weeks to go!

It would be nice but I wouldn't hold your breath, I heard that they have messed with the characters a bit too much, tried to balance out the overpowered ones and made them worse, I'm still buying it though and I reserve actual judgement until I play it. :smile:

But yeah, SCII was epic and a game that can somehow recreate that same feeling but better would be a stunning achievement for the series, so here hoping. ^^

Oh yeah, I know they've been tinkering with the characters, especially after the imbalance issues became really noticable in SCIII, even the new characters may be victims of it too (from what I've been reading), but testing it out is the best way to see (as you say), and nothing is going to stop me from buying this game.

Fingers crossed this all comes together as it should.

Hopefully is not unbalanced like SCIII. They need to patch the game however i am not sure how console users are used to constant nerfs and buffs to characters.

Alos i hope i dont get tired of it quickly. SCII and SCIII were not as good as SCI in freshness. Infact SCII was slowed down and cut out alot of modes. SCIII brought the extras back but it was very unbalanced due to no arcade release.

I have it preordered from Game with the £5 voucher. Hopefully its good and not just SC in HD.

Ironically, as complete a package as SC4 is, the recent release of the original Soul Calibur on Xbox Live actually feels faster and more nimble than its newer brother; that doesn't make it a better game, but it's an interesting observation.

Damn it....

Look what came!

I'll upload all the artworks shortly so you dont have to get this. Game is abit slower than i wanted. Then again Sc2 was and people didnt mind so much.

Do you need the collectors case? Not really. The dvd just has trailers, afew wallpapers and artworks. The booklet is nothing. So its not really much of a collectors.

2h3wz9vzezmyiu78v60.jpg

4ec5yhyvbi84jazkzu99.jpg

rvypjy2e96r4ed4rb2pt.jpg

Taken with N95

I have the collecters case too (just like Choze), got it from the Neo-Empire event that happened in London over the weekend. Still have to wait till Friday for the game though. It's true though, you don't really need it, but it's cool nevertheless, and me as hardcore fan of the series am happy enough with it.

At the event itself, Soul Calibur 4 was playable! And please let me tell you, if you had your doubts about the game, throw them away totally (atleast for the games fighting engine). The game is absolutely glorious, to really say the least, and is the biggest overhaul overall since Soul Blade to Soul Calibur (but obviously not as big).

The guard impact/ parrying system has been tweaked (mainly for the one hit finishers I'm guessing), but makes it all the more vital because of that. Oh, and it is far more balanced than three too! The game is still totally accessible to newcomers too, but there is more depth to it than before, so button bashing doesn't quite have the same effect ;).

There is a lot more I could say about this game but I think Play Magazines Review is almost spot on (from what I've played).

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/ps3/games/soul_calibur_iv/soul_calibur_iv.html

Oh but on a side note, Yoda is flipping annoying I'm personally not a big fan of his (at the moment), but some will be. He is over-powered and short, so most highs totally miss him. The 360 version was there so I couldn't try out Vader, but on another note, the 360 pad grew on me with this game, it's not that bad at all.

I really can't wait for this!!